What about Jeans Jackets ....

beatle

My Levi's 507xx jacket just arrived from Japan and I'm pretty soaked. I'll post some pictures after I soak them.

Intentional pun - "pretty soaked"?

Ha! No worries. Got soaking on the mind, I'd guess. Take some pre-soak/post-soak comparison shots, if you can, please...

Did you get the one from vari in the end ?

Yes. If that was you that provided the link, then thank you.

Still not sure if I should soak this thing. Denim isn't very stiff which makes me think it might be one-wash. The sleeve-length is also perfect and I wouldn't want to effect them. Should I just cold soak?

http://mistermort.typepad.com/mister_mort/2009/11/the-canadian-tuxedo-and-other-great-denim-pieces.html

Mister Mort posts about the canadian tux. I don't know if any of you folks read his blog, so i figured i post it when i saw this thread. Some of this shit i cannot digg, but there's really interesting stuff aswell, check it out.

Mister Mort is a great blog. Just read this the other day. +Rep

Hi guys new here but been lurking for a good while. Hey jstavrin, got any pictures if that 507 yet? I've had one on my wish list for a long time. BTW, why the japanese version... and where'd you source it again? TIA.

Doug C

I'll post pics soon and I got it on Rakuten on sale. Get it from VARI.

I'll be looking for those pics then.. and thanks for that link too patchmb. Umm, I don't know but I may need a xl, I'm about 5'10" 185 and I will be wanting to wash it a couple times a year or so (dry in the sun).

On another note - Does anyone here own any of the WWII USN Denim jackets (jumpers or whatever they're officially called), shawl collar, anchor buttons, etc. from any of the japanese repro companies? Cushman offers (or did offer) one that looks great from the pics I've seen anyway. It has white contrasting thread which I know is not an accurate representation but I think it helps the design. Anyone else seen it? I look for a link.

Doug C

Can you not go vintage? My wife picked up a lovely one many years ago. pleated front, selvage.

I'd put it at a mens XS or XXS. Think there's a picture of it earlier in this thread somewhere.

that sucks... my everyday wearer is a vintage one from the thrift store.

put a big e type 3 on hold at the vintage shop in my hood... i think they want 30 for it, but im gonna try to trade in some vintage pieces to get the price down. needs some repairs at the waistband, but besides that is in good shape and has plenty of indigo left.

I am looking for a denim jacket myself but I can never one that fits. Theyre all too big

The only one that does fit are the XXS and XS American Apparel ones but I am wanting a 'real' one. Any recommendations?

Men's jackets go down to 34, and then you're in boy's sizes. You might be able to find something in the kid's section of your thrift stores, or because they're a tiny size they might have been filed in to the women's section (make sure the buttons are on the right side), but for a 34 or 36 men's jacket I would only check ebay. I doubt you'll find those sizes in thrift stores very often; I've only found a size 34 jacket once over the years and years that I've been thrifting.

with flash, but better than nothing.

dscf5059q.jpg

dscf5061.jpg

couldnt get a good pic of the tab... this is the best you get. shows the nice curling tho.

dscf5066w.jpg

its a little big on me... arms are pretty baggy and long... it fits pretty well in the chest tho when its buttoned, so should work fine with a sweatshirt or sweater under it.

its a little big on me... arms are pretty baggy and long... it fits pretty well in the chest tho when its buttoned, so should work fine with a sweatshirt or sweater under it.

very nice very jealous. It's nice to be able to wear stuff underneath it anyway. Love the wear on the arm looks great, it'll look amazing in a years time