What about Jeans Jackets ....

beatle

More waffle...

Pre-registered trademark

010.jpg

There is one more earlier label with 'stormrider' (I have only seen one) which doesnt have the word 'Lee' in joined-up letters, which is the 1957-59 label. Pre-57, you have black tag with script, and pre-53, you have black tag with no script, just Lee (same as 101J) and where the script is on a white label underneath the black tag.

Zzzzzzz (i know..sorry)

looks like the one I got is from 1970 or 71.

If you have 'Lee R MR' on the pocket label, then it's circa 1970 onwards (before that it was Lee R). At some point in the early 1970's, the lining changed from the re-used wool to acrylic (the stripes become vertical) in grey and yellow. The denim seems to have changed too.

Around c. 1980 they added two lower pockets.

Chucko's jacket (..well not yet), is the last of the true vintage Lee 101LJ's.

Check Fardin's posts on the Lee thread, with links to some very early repros from Warehouse.

I think if you look back some pages there are some pics of my 507xx jacket. I got it on ebay before all the selvedge hype for like $35 new without tags. It is a great jacket. I just wish I had more chances to wear it.

edit: here is the post

X-post from LVC thread

Levis 507. I bought this raw off of ebay for about $35. I dont know what season, but the buttons say 822 (texas i believe?)

img2237resize.jpg

img2244resize.jpg

Beautiful. What size is it? There's one on eBay (well, recently de-listed, but I'm sure it'll be back up soon) and I have a feeling it'll be too small (it's a size 38). I generally wear a size M. Should I be concerned?

Dug this out of the closet.I haven't worn it since probably 88. It was pretty dark when I got it in the early 80s and had begun to wear pretty well. Then bleaching denim became popular... sigh. Lol... it's still funny to look at now. I wore that thing literally to pieces back then. I can only button one button on it now :) The 80s were a lot of fun.

80s_levi_jckt_frnt.jpg

80s_levi_jckt_back.jpg

^ heck in a few years the japanese market for 80's denim jackets will be huge.... save it and then sell it for thousands....

Ahahaha, that would be really funny. It's a small also so it would go quick :) Man... I used to be able to wear a small... and had a 29 waist... lol.

Sheeeet, I got one of those in the black metal/hard rock version. Back patch is AC/DC's Fly on the Wall if you can believe it, I used to love that record back in the 80s. Should probably take a pic next time I visit my parents.

Here's some more...

006.jpg

012-1.jpg

The first one is mine, the smaller one is my (ex) wife's which i bought her and which she never really was in to, so I'm keepin' it!

Labels...

008-1.jpg

009.jpg

Took me years to find these and alot of spondoolees..

Dr. Heech!!!! Good God Man those are incredible! Fantastic pictures. It's good to know they are sanforised.

Sheeeet, I got one of those in the black metal/hard rock version. Back patch is AC/DC's Fly on the Wall if you can believe it, I used to love that record back in the 80s. Should probably take a pic next time I visit my parents.

Hell yeah! Please do. I had a couple little hessian skate buddies who did the same thing with their Metallica shirts as well back in the 80s. This could be a thread on it's own, lol, but I doubt there would be many postings :)

Now to follow ChuckO's lead...

Dug this out of the closet.I haven't worn it since probably 88. It was pretty dark when I got it in the early 80s and had begun to wear pretty well. Then bleaching denim became popular... sigh. Lol... it's still funny to look at now. I wore that thing literally to pieces back then. I can only button one button on it now :) The 80s were a lot of fun.

80s_levi_jckt_frnt.jpg

80s_levi_jckt_back.jpg

Fuck yes :D Time to hit the gym and revive that beautiful jacket

What the hell did people do with their shit? Didn't cowboys have car keys and sunglasses?

Car Keys? No cowboy worth his weight in salt would ever drive a car. Come on Chevy 2 ton.

Ahhh hell, I don't know what the fuck I am talking about.

Okay, so can anyone help me find a raw Type II jacket? I've been on the lookout for LVC, but I'm weary of ordering from eBay because I'm not sure how I should size it. Brand isn't really an issue, but I don't want to drop more than a few hundred dollars (for example, the FH jacket on Self Edge is too pricey). Any help? Cultizm doesn't seem to have any Type IIs.

Guest patchmb
Okay, so can anyone help me find a raw Type II jacket? I've been on the lookout for LVC, but I'm weary of ordering from eBay because I'm not sure how I should size it. Brand isn't really an issue, but I don't want to drop more than a few hundred dollars (for example, the FH jacket on Self Edge is too pricey). Any help? Cultizm doesn't seem to have any Type IIs.

how about this

http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&tl=en&u=http://item.rakuten.co.jp/vari/lv-jk-71507-xx/

Or the sugar cane model, which is good value.

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/hinoya/sc11953a/

Just an update... I finally wore my Lee 101J today and I have to say I really like it.

It fits totally different than my usual Levis type 3's I wear. Less boxy and more form fitting, Like a shirt than a jacket.

Also the cuffs are much tighter than the levis.

Just my fit notes on the Lee...

Glad I got it!

Thanks, I'm considering that Sugar Cane. Can anyone speak for their quality?

A Japanese eBay seller found me a new 507xx 1950s Type 2 for 200 bucks. It's a Japanese size 42. Does that size sound reasonable for a dude who is 6 feet tall and approximately 175 pounds?

EDIT: Supposedly shrinks 1-1 1/2 inches when washed.

EDIT2: Or get a size 40 from that link you posted...It's 70 bucks cheaper but I have a feeling that it'll be too small once it shrinks.