What about Jeans Jackets ....

beatle

Guest jbone45
I've been eyeing this jacket for a while. I finally got it, thanks to the discount @ Cultizm

storm-rider.jpg

that's a bitchin jacket. guess they obviously sold out.

X-post from LVC thread

Levis 507. I bought this raw off of ebay for about $35. I dont know what season, but the buttons say 822 (texas i believe?)

img2237resize.jpg

img2244resize.jpg

img2249resize.jpg

img2248resizea.jpg

img2245resizeq.jpg

img2246resize.jpg

img2250resize.jpg

Don't know the before and afters. I have had this jacket for a few years and it only sees wear every once in a while. It got soaked once and washed once. I used to work construction in college and I wore this jacket on the cold mornings. I would say it shrinks the basic 7-10%.

my two levi's jackets:

#1) 1fronty.jpg

1backs.jpg

1pocket.jpg

1tag.jpg

1fitskating.jpg

no idea when this was made, but i got this in paris in the mid 80's. my friend was a graffiti artist there and i was studying under him/hanging around. this jacket was hanging on his wall and he wasn't wearing it much. it was still very dark, i would suspect it had not been washed, and he had painted the back of it with a base of many colors, and a tag on top of that. i forgot to write down the numbers stamped on the inside of the buttons, will update the thread with that info after i get home from work.

i had to cuff the sleeves, but i really liked it, and wore it for several years, before retiring it, and then breaking it out again in the mid to late 90's again for a few years and then again more recently.

there was a tragic moment in the late 80's where it was thrown in the wash without my knowledge because it smelled "like a dog." resulting in the loss of 50% of the paint on the back. it's never been washed again, as i don't really know how to avoid damaging the paint any more.

considering hand washing it, keeping the back from getting wet, and then patting it mostly dry with a towel before hang drying it, not sure how that would work out. there is quite a bit of dirt on/in it so i think washing it could really bring out the fades.

#2)

2front.jpg

2back.jpg

2pocket.jpg

2tag.jpg

2detail.jpg

this was a gift from the parents of a friend (early 80's) and was already fairly faded/beat up when i got it. no idea about the year/model. wore it for a couple of years before retiring it. same deal, forgot to write down the number on the buttons, but will update after work.

not sure if it was pre-distresed or not but the denim under the pocket flap is fairly dark. it has no hand pockets or inside pockets, so when i got the above jacket i pretty much retired this one. it's too small for me, and a bit too big for my wife, so i'm not sure what to do with it. i may send it for denim repairs and keep it in storage for when i have a kid, and they are a teenager.

quick post to add the info from the buttons:

#1 (the one with the paint on the back) has #527 on the button

#2 has #525

will that help ID what year they are from?

The 52_ series are all from the mid to late seventies, but no specific year as far as my knowledge goes.

wow, i had no idea they were so old. thanks for the info!

i looked for selvedge and saw none. had they stopped making selvedge jackets by then, or were levis jackets not selvedge?

does anyone have any suggestions for my hand washing idea? i have some of the sugar cane denim detergent and was gonna try that.

Nice vintage jackets!

Hey, does any one on this thread have the iron heart type III? I've had one for about a month or two - I'd love to see some evo on people's ih type III. I think it's gonna take at least 6 months of constant wear before this denim budges

cross posted in the denim repair thread, here is my painted jacket, post-wash but pre-repair at denim doctors.

the fading is considerably better looking as the brown dirt was (mostly) washed out during the hand wash.

fullback.th.jpg

frontfull.th.jpg

frontpocketdetail.th.jpg

i'm thinking of getting a type 2, i just cant decide on which one. i'm choosing between the Levi LVC 507xx (raw) or the Sugarcane 1953 (ow)

Does anyone have any sizing advice for the LVC 507xx (raw)? I just want to know if it generally advised to size up to account for shrinking. There's one on ebay that would fit me well but it is raw.

Does anyone own the Sugarcane 1953?

i'm thinking of getting a type 2, i just cant decide on which one. i'm choosing between the Levi LVC 507xx (raw) or the Sugarcane 1953 (ow)

Does anyone have any sizing advice for the LVC 507xx (raw)? I just want to know if it generally advised to size up to account for shrinking. There's one on ebay that would fit me well but it is raw.

I own a Sugarcane 1953... fit picture here (crappy picture)

I own a Sugarcane 1953... fit picture here (crappy picture)

what's all over your jacket? Dirt? Dye? The fit looks small in the sleeves. Do they ride up bad when you raise your arms?

^ That was dirt on my jacket (from spelunking). I have long arms and have a problem with sleeve length with some of my clothes (including the mister freedom CPO). They do ride up when I raise my arms, but nothing too bad, although I'd be happier if the sleeves were an inch longer. I guess I will get one made by Ooe Yofukuten next time with longer sleeves...

I have the same problem... I always have to buy a tad bigger to get the sleeve length unless I luck out and find a long.

Either way it's a sweet jacket

I own the 507xx and it is a 40. I typically wear a 40 in a coat. It has been washed and currently measures about 21.5 to 22 across the chest and fits perfectly fine.