Kings of Slub - jeans made from slubby denim...

Foxy2

This was my old Jin jacket, second pic shows the rough textured denim that I am thinking of. The Trophy denim is very similar, but probably a little rougher.

IMG_0949.jpg

IMG_0950.jpg

IMG_0951.jpg

IMG_0952.jpg

68e1b1e8.jpg

25e346c8.jpg

Foxy, are all those jeans actually slubby in terms of irregularity of shape and size of the yarns or are some of them just streakily dyed smooth denim with a striated appearance? I can't really tell from the pictures (especially on my iPhone!).

I think a good definition at the beginning of the thread to qualify the jeans would be useful.

Hm, good point there Freemadam.

Also hope this thread generates some nice macro textures shots. 

here's a good example of "streaky" [45RPM Fujimon] & downright slubby [samurai 5000ai-10sp]

Ai2AiB_zps13b964bd.jpg

Ai2AiF2_zps99b1483d.jpg

Edited by BrownMetallic

Great pics everybody - keep them coming!

Sometimes the slub can be due to extra fibers (possibly airborne) creeping into the thread during the weaving process or just a knot in the thread.

That's why I wrote non- standard conditions...under normal circumstances these would be considered defect or inferior threads/yarns/fabrics.

Weird, I've owned some S0110xj's and a Jin jacket both of which I would describe as very slubby.

It's not that I disagree in principle - they are somewhat "slubby".

After today's standards most of our beloved Japanese denims would fall automatically into the "slubby" category as modern threads and yarns far more even due to the technology available and the requirements (spinning machines, twist, friction, tension, speed, projectile looms)

It is just that the models that I have posted so far are seriously "slubby".

Here is an example of a "slub yarn/thread" that I bored from BiG's website (their AI Oni model):

4447e729572274254da60e5b350380c4_zpscebe

This was my old Jin jacket, second pic shows the rough textured denim that I am thinking of. The Trophy denim is very similar, but probably a little rougher.

IMG_0949.jpg

IMG_0950.jpg

IMG_0951.jpg

IMG_0952.jpg

68e1b1e8.jpg

25e346c8.jpg

Awesome jacket Megatron. That fabric is fanastic. It looks like a perfect fit as well. Did you ever sell those 36 PBJ 005's? If not please hit me up...

^my 500XX has the same denim / same Lot as your 710 and yes, the amount of knots is remarkable. The Lot 14 710 didn't have that much knots, but also the different yarn sizes. I also find the current denim fading way slower than the Lot 14, but it might be also the looser cut.

I am just at two and a half weeks on my 15th 710 and the fading is coming along quite fast. The lap has already developed some nice creases and showing some beautiful electric blue. 

With more wears, the hairier it get's. 

SExSC06 - 50/50 cotton sugarcane blend. Lots of knots and irregularity. Shitty iPhone pics doesn't do it justice. These have been on the back ironed pretty much since I bought them. First because I was a little too chunktified to wear them and second because I WAS a denim buying junky.

http://i1212.photobucket.com/albums/cc441/Noodle361/D636DB3C-AE36-47E2-83AE-54692A08E8E1-3947-000006FE00C3A7A8_zps35e9026e.jpg

http://i1212.photobucket.com/albums/cc441/Noodle361/F19EA1AD-272F-4223-9CA4-6270B0279D50-3947-000006FE3EAB808D_zpsa3db49f5.jpg

http://i1212.photobucket.com/albums/cc441/Noodle361/81F7191C-0FC7-4982-80B3-57A4A0CD3075-3947-000006FE74D5D5DA_zpsc723fca8.jpg

I just got my first pair of ONI and i now have something with true slub yarns, the bumpy texture from all the thick spots of yarns, the loose weave. They are amazing  i wanted to get a fit that suited me so i got the N&F collab ONI, but its all ONI fabric and crafted. Just a slim fit and a N&F tag. Will post pics later. Not as slubby as a couple of Foxy's pairs but nice indeed.

^^ I love it.  You are right in your description from a previous post about how Trophy Clothing have combined the slubby and hairy feature from other brands into this jacket.

Slightly off topic.  I love the Dirt Denim Trophy Jacket so much that I also bought the Blackie Jacket...this one isn't as slubby.

^ Will try to upload more pics.  Get it..I am sure you will love the Dirt Denim too.

Edited by BlackPig

Yeh, the Blackie denim jacket is a stunner. Unfortunately it isn't made for people so "generously proportioned" as myself or I would definitely get one.

Some weird lighting here due to the tint of the windows in my car, but I think this might classify as slubby.

Momotaro 1705s for the summer, fantastic lightweight 10 o.z. denim to beat these Texas summers.

K53Ppsd.jpg?1