Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

Do you guys with White's use shoe trees in them? I have tried but they don't fit well with the strong arch in the White's boots so I typically don't even though I do use them in both of my Alden boots regularly.

I looked for suitable ones but couldn't find any. These are real work boots so I don't think shoe trees are necessary.

theyre regular toe smoke jumper bullhide uppers and dress toe and heel..

had okuyama san do the soles on these

no need to do celastic toe cause these got captoes so its hard enouh

Recently I found out you could get insoles for people like myself who wear out their heels on the side.

People with similar problems using these insoles. Do you need to size up so that the insoles can fit. Planning to get some fracap mountain boots, which are quite narrow fitting.

I hate those ACL x McNairy joints... the color of the suede just doesn't really work for me, and I just can't really see them as anything but a cheap imitation of the very similar Yuketens...not to mention the fact that they were released in the same two colorways as the Yuketens just kind of turns me off from McNairy.

Behold.....my White's are here. All brown roughout smoke jumpers with mini vibram sole and double-celastic toe. The leather is bulletproof thick and the smell is unreal - just the best made boot I've ever held. Fit is perfect and I'm beyond happy.

Big thanks to fresco, jstarvin, coleslawyum, ed, riff and others for the help on these.

24ywqw1.jpg

3587ui1.jpg

2ynp2tu.jpg

2s6mt5u.jpg

35issxf.jpg

ezhlpl.jpg

2mq9anm.jpg

2drcrck.jpg

Morse,

Nice looking boots. I usually don't like rought outs, but those look nuts. Would rep but I can't

My latest pair of Aldens. I saw these in NYC and had to get them! I think I'll get a lot of wear out of these in the warmer months.

blueSuede1.jpg

Blue suede PTB's, Barrie last, flex welt sole, lined.

What kind of pants are those. Are they a salt n' pepper chambray?

Morse - those boots look great but are really going to look amazing after a little break in and wear on them....then they are going to really shine. Be sure to post some updated pics in a while so we can see how they turn out...make me want some roughouts for my next pair of White's.

What kind of pants are those. Are they a salt n' pepper chambray?

RRL

I don't know what the fabric is called but it's very similar to some workshirts that I've seen. in particular the Buzz Rickson mock-twist chambray. Chambray usually has a dark yarn for the warp and a light yarn for the fill. This has a dark and a light yarn twisted together and then woven in a plain weave, giving the speckled effect. Yes, I pulled a yarn out and untwisted it to figure this out.

thanks for the comments guys

slide - these go into hard labor mode tomorrow morning, so they'll look fully broken in by about.....friday

joelz - I was worried about the heel looking too tapered, but with the single leather sole - it's not tall and not very pronounced in person, and I'm not really taller when wearing them. So basically I love the look overall, including the heel.

christmas - just do it. I debated and mulled for like 8 months on these. My only regret now is that I waited so long. As long as you get your sizing right, you'll be psyched.

Quick question again on the Indy's.

Is it true that standard Indy 405's are now leather-lined, or are the leather-lined version called the 403's? I remember reading somewhere that the ones produced now are all leather-lined, but I could be dreaming.

Quick question again on the Indy's.

Is it true that standard Indy 405's are now leather-lined, or are the leather-lined version called the 403's? I remember reading somewhere that the ones produced now are all leather-lined, but I could be dreaming.

All leather lined now...Although I have seen a bunch of older stock 405's without the leather lining so you'd have to make sure upon purchase...But yeah, to reiterate, 405's are now leather lined...

another interesting pair of shoes put out by tassels :

IMG_6556.JPG

New Arrival - Alden "Long Wing" in rare Scotch Grain #8 Shell Cordovan

Alden's 125th Anniversary MTO celebration - Part 2

What better way to celebrate Alden's 125 year history than with an American Classic - The Long Wing. A company with 125 years of history is rare and therefore we were very lucky to get our hands on some rare #8 Scotch Grain Shell Cordovan to mark this occasion. In addition, to the rare leather, we made our version of the long wing more elegant by creating it in the single leather sole. That way, not only would this beautiful pair of shoes look great with your jeans and casual wear, you'll look equally good when sporting it with a business suit.