Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

Behold.....my White's are here. All brown roughout smoke jumpers with mini vibram sole and double-celastic toe. The leather is bulletproof thick and the smell is unreal - just the best made boot I've ever held. Fit is perfect and I'm beyond happy.

24ywqw1.jpg

morse, beautiful White's. IIRC, you're the one who visited the White's factory. Does White's offer any Vibram half sole options, like the one's Ed posted (just for illustrative purpose, I realize those have Cat's Paws soles)

IMG_6752.jpg

morse, beautiful White's. IIRC, you're the one who visited the White's factory. Does White's offer any Vibram half sole options, like the one's Ed posted (just for illustrative purpose, I realize those have Cat's Paws soles)

I did go there, but I'm not sure. I ordered from baker's though, and they were great. Give them a ring and they'll answer that question and any others. Talk to Kyle.

http://www.bakershoe.com/

My answer was quite serious. Sorry if it came off otherwise....

I've had my Semi Dress for about 4 years and though I don't wear them daily, seems like the soles have a long way to go.

(I did have a topy-type sole put on but I don't know that it made much difference. These soles are pretty tough....)

Enjoy them! Great boots....

Just got a pair of White's Semi-Dress with single leather sole. Anyone else have a pair? I'm wondering how long the sole will last before needing replacement.

i would say roughly 18 months (based on my personal experience with single leather sole shoes from many european brands) if u wear them every day.

i would protect them, i always do it now, with those protection rubber soles

http://www.topy.fr/produits_fr/index.php4

dunno if there is some overseas.

^it largely depends what surface you use them on as well. Living in the city/walking a lot on concrete - will shorten the life considerably. Lazy/driving everywhere/working on grass - then they'll never wear out.

indeed.

i meant for an urban use of course.

x post from the clarks thread, nothing particularly special compared to the other awesome ones here.

4444480091_93d0edddf9.jpg

4445249340_6473fed838.jpg

these were my dads old shoes, he stopped wearing them in i dont know when, so i picked them up. he didn't really take care of it, so one of the laces came off as i tried to tie it. i oiled it a bit, did best i could, cheers.

Redwing GT in Chestnut (9013) as I'm sure everyone knows

My first pair of boots since I was really young so I'm looking forward to breaking these in

What do you guys do with the tongue? I've seen both the fold(?) and just keeping it normal.

IMG_4582.jpg

IMG_4583.jpg

IMG_4578.jpg

IMG_4581.jpg

I really like those 1000 Mile boots. I had a pair briefly that I returned because a section of stitching was coming apart. Opted for a refund because the fit wasn't perfect but overall the quality of the boot (disregarding the stitching flaw) was very high. The leather is awesome on those things and I really liked the shape and look of the boots. Looking very nice broken in in those pics.

thx Ed. Someone else have some first hand experience? No offense, Ed :)

I agree with ed, chips run true to size, maybe a little bit bigger (less than a half size).

Here we go:

dsci3983.jpg

dsci3982.jpg

I don't know what's special about this "Vintage 55" model except the branding and the leather laces (besides the also included normal laces), but those boots rock for sure. Maybe they were the basics for the better known pre-distressed Vintage 55 model.

And thaaaaanks a lot to lenn who advises me the Boston-Trader sale.

thx Ed. Someone else have some first hand experience? No offense, Ed :)

Yeah man true to size. Especially engineer boots. But the 6" one in an E width feels like the 11" one in a D width. Might be slightly bigger than tagged size but not by much. However I would never wear these without an insole so go true to size.

Yeah man true to size. Especially engineer boots. But the 6" one in an E width feels like the 11" one in a D width. Might be slightly bigger than tagged size but not by much. However I would never wear these without an insole so go true to size.

ah thanks. so I guess I'll measure my foot and then use one of those charts and convert my size in the true US size