Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

Not sure if Trickers have been getting enough love here recently.

Took mrs t and the nipper out to Sheekey's, a fab old-school restaurant, this lunchtime, so polished them up for the occasion

- the Stowe, in Marron. Around nine months' wear.

TrickersMarch010.jpg

Paul: More info on the boot? Those look fantastic.

Thanks - I got married in these boots! Trickers have been mentioned here since the beginning of this thread - I'd seen some around, the Brogues, but it was this thread I think turned me on to the Stowe.

Mine were actually from the factory shop on eBay - it took me a few weeks of waiting but there were £150 - they tend to be around £240 online, £280 in their shops. I did look a couple months ago and I'm not sure if the factory shop still lists on there but lots of people do them online.

I do intend to go to Northanpton to visit the factory in the next few months. I think fresco's been already.

The Bureau are a bit expensive, but they have some lovely custom boots; I might be forced to buy their chelsea boots sooner or later:

http://www.thebureaubelfast.com/shop/product/467/trickers-marron-stow-brogue-boots/

Awesome Trickers Paul - truly more beautiful with age! And Music - those are very cool! :cool:

djarrow - I've been eying these myself! They look amazing! How's the fit on them? Thanks for posting pics! :)

Edit: I'm doing up a little something with Dayton boots.... Will post up when they arrive :)

4429657119_e2902c5b83_o.jpg

Do we know in which factory those McNairy boots are made?

djarrow - I've been eying these myself! They look amazing! How's the fit on them? Thanks for posting pics! :)

I read somewhere regarding the factory name in England but can't remember now...

They fit same as Alden Indy (so size 1/2 down from sneakers).

Very comfortable, lightweight and seem good for year round wear especially spring/summer.

Due to the suede, I expect them to get a lot of denim indigo staining action.... which is totally coooool.

Something about low danners just seem off to me. I think they should at least be mid length, kind of defeats the purpose of having a 'boot'.

yeah, i wasn't too sure about the lows myself, but after i saw them in person they really grew on me.

and as far as it being a lowtop boot... well, let's be honest here - these probably won't be used on concrete - think the lowtop will suffice.

Hey where did she pick these up for you?

a shop in HK. they carry some Danner JP stuff, as well as some really weird other stuff - like M&M purses and SpongeBob tee-shirts. weird find.

IMG_6752.jpg

IMG_6754.jpg

IMG_6746.jpg

IMG_6748.jpg

IMG_6751.jpg

I bet you can't wait to start breaking those in sometime. Just kidding.