Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

hey guys, just some pics of my desert boots

beeswax clarks

second dub, used clear chelsea leather food. noticing a slight reddish hue in the light

DSC_2148.JPG

DSC_2145.JPG

first dub was black leather food, here's a pic from 3 months ago, right after the dub

DSC_0476.JPG

Finally got my order in at WESCO - thru Bakers Shoe... The process went very smoothly and I spoke to Pete from WESCO about fit...

I ordered an 8" Jobmaster in Brown - Lace to Toe with a #430 Vibram Sole (with a low heel). Fit is key for me and Pete recommended the Lace to Toe as he believes that I can get a better fit with this style than plain toe - just more control / adjustment points.

Also recommended that I do a Mid-Sole Fitting, which essentially involves WESCO shipping me the boots before they are completed (pre-sole) for a fitting. I'll have some additional costs in the final price but it will be worth it to know I'll be getting a pair of boots that fit well (with orthotics).

I'm pretty pumped up about the whole process - just sucks to have to wait! Thanks to all for their advice - I'll post some pics when we hit the mid-sole fit stage.

Finally got my order in at WESCO - thru Bakers Shoe... The process went very smoothly and I spoke to Pete from WESCO about fit...

I ordered an 8" Jobmaster in Brown - Lace to Toe with a #430 Vibram Sole (with a low heel). Fit is key for me and Pete recommended the Lace to Toe as he believes that I can get a better fit with this style than plain toe - just more control / adjustment points.

Also recommended that I do a Mid-Sole Fitting, which essentially involves WESCO shipping me the boots before they are completed (pre-sole) for a fitting. I'll have some additional costs in the final price but it will be worth it to know I'll be getting a pair of boots that fit well (with orthotics).

I'm pretty pumped up about the whole process - just sucks to have to wait! Thanks to all for their advice - I'll post some pics when we hit the mid-sole fit stage.

Congrats!!! Don't forget pics :)

They're nice boots definitely but 3 pairs of the exact same boots in different colors seems a little ridiculous to me. Especially considering the money you payed for the last ones you could've gotten something like LW or Aldens or whatnot.

Anyway, I'm sure you could give a shit.

I wanted them cuz' I like the Beckman's most. Black, black cherry and chestnust are exactly the three colours I want to complete my clothing

(besides the fact that there are many alternatives in that price range).

Quick question on oiling -

I just picked up some bucks on the cheap, made of a pretty soft orangeish/brown suede. A little too light and orange for my taste. I've got some obenaufs I keep around to maintain my sperrys & cowboy boots, would it be a travesty to apply it to the suede bucks to make them a little darker? Would it mess up the texture or get all blotchy?

Quick question on oiling -

I just picked up some bucks on the cheap, made of a pretty soft orangeish/brown suede. A little too light and orange for my taste. I've got some obenaufs I keep around to maintain my sperrys & cowboy boots, would it be a travesty to apply it to the suede bucks to make them a little darker? Would it mess up the texture or get all blotchy?

I wouldn't treat suede leather like that (especially without seeing pics :) ) but I've seen it being done... You could try just a little spot, in tongue for example.

Thx. Margiela. Dunno if you can tell from the pics but the white part is hand painted.

Forgive the ignorance - but how do you paint leather white and not have it show the raw underneath when it scuffs? That seems weird to me...almost cheap. No insult intended, just seems a bit off for a nicer shoe. I really like the look, but if it's just hand painted I have a pair of Aldens that I could make look exactly like that with a little white paint. Something tells me my attempt wouldn't look so cool though ;)

I think I've tried posting to this before, but I never had a direct link, I love this video.. makes me want to polish my shoes/boots up after i watch it

Io2KFwZ5B8w

Yuketen... right? That's a nice lookin shoe. Does it come in brown

theyre fuckin so cool! are they still available?

they're from SS 06

Forgive the ignorance - but how do you paint leather white and not have it show the raw underneath when it scuffs? That seems weird to me...almost cheap. No insult intended, just seems a bit off for a nicer shoe. I really like the look, but if it's just hand painted I have a pair of Aldens that I could make look exactly like that with a little white paint. Something tells me my attempt wouldn't look so cool though ;)

i think the paint scuffing off is part of it... i think it will look better with age as it happens!

Just got these.

nice! where'd you get them?

120r0hs.jpg

5l3omg.jpg

Just got these. Does anyone know what viscolized sole is?

Nicorice, those are great looking !! Got any info on them to share.. sizeing, price, etc.. got a link? Could only be better with a sixth set of lace holes for each shoe, but that's extremely minor. I like 'em.

rnrswitch: sorry i don't know if they came in brown.

i got them off ebay for $160 + shipping. mine's a size 7 but they fit quite large, i usually wear an 8.

they also came in a nice indigo chambray shoe bag.

got a new pair of RW's yesterday. time to compare my 3,5 year old 8131's with the new black 8130. they are a collab with vintage55 btw, but the only differences i can find are the vintage55 logo embossed in the leather, and that they come with fat leather laces.

dutch people and those willing to travel, pay attention: i got the blacks on discount for €90! PM me for kopping info

redwingcomparion-3.jpg

redwingcomparion-1.jpg

redwingcomparion-2.jpg