Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

those boots from Julian are way too expensive for my wallet

would it be possible to fit in a White's 7.5E if regular White's size is 8C?

with a wet towel and 5 minutes, those j crews would look brand new again.

beat 'em harder!

yeah, nyc just got through a big snow storm so they look cleaner than they did

Found out from a buddy on another forum that the Red Wing Shoe Store (address and phone number below) has the J.Crew Iron Rangers - last years, the Hawthornes - on sale for $89.99. I called and picked up a pair. I was disappointed, but not surprised, to learn they were "seconds"; minor wear or marks on the leather, maybe mismatched eyelets, but nothing structurally deficient. However, the good news is there were two pairs in my size, so they are going to pair up the best left and right from each pair to make mine. Should ship tomorrow.

Full contact info for the store if anyone's interested:

Red Wing Shoe Store

315 MAIN ST

RED WING MN 55066

651-388-6233

Now I just need to decide if I want to dub them with snow seal 'em or if I want to get 6 months wear on them and dub them for next winter. Opinions?

Thanks wgmds! It's becuase of those pics, though, that I'm looking for "actual" pics. From those, the boots don't look appealing to me - I'm basically trying to find a reason to like them.

Yeah his boots (advertised on the site) are a one-off/prototype - they don't even make a brown (or whatever color that is). It's like the Deke Dickerson guitar being advertised with three knobs, but production models only have two. Company's need to stop "false advertising"

wow. that was crazy, but i come to expect it from you :). They look great (the worn christoph ones) but they look like they shouldnt wear that munch in 1 month no matter what, unless the person runs the new york marathon in engineers

either super pre distressed or the SHITTIEST materials which i highly doubt. im curious how it would look with actual, not forced wear.

also, can you ID these (anyone since youre into engineers you might not know) my guess is lone wolfs but they have a different, non crepe sole

FCx3rdWshFit.jpg

isn't he wearing those boots because he's modeling the clothes? I don't think that counts as actually wearing the boots. I'd say he wore them for an hour tops.

Now I have a question on those back leg ankle pockets... I have healthy rolls in my jeans and they gather some the nicest collection of of lint, twigs, plants etc...

Do those pockets do the same thing? At least with my pant rolls I can unroll them and clean them out...

I really would like to see someone who bought the boots and wore them. I'm surprised that Bill didn't get a pair...

It's difficult for anybody to justify $900 on a pair of boots that look a lot like other boots of similar quality but are cheaper.

I have seen them in person and would easily drop $600 on them and that is on some Alden-shell-cordovan-level.

Yes bill bought the MF boots, and at inspiration he bought the wesco japan only narrow engineers, that model is jared, he owns the boots as well...

And if you're curious about christophes wear on his boots, you should see how he works everyday, dude is always on his knees or under his truck or carrying boxes, etc etc, I've handled bothe pairs of christophes, both the prototype and production model, the production model is black, but has hints or burgandy and brown and the colors will show up as the boot wears.

The question is, "Did bill pay full retail?" Doesn't The Craft carry some MFSC gear? I would buy those boots at 50% off, assuming the 100% markup.

The question is, "Did bill pay full retail?" Doesn't The Craft carry some MFSC gear? I would buy those boots at 50% off, assuming the 100% markup.

wouldn't we all... wouldn't we all...

For the record... nobody except the MF store carries the boots, but IF a store did carry them the wholesale cost on them is only about 15% off retail.

Man, sure are some cynical guys on here...

I know. It gets ugly sometimes.

For the record... nobody except the MF store carries the boots, but IF a store did carry them the wholesale cost on them is only about 15% off retail.

If that's the case I still wouldn't buy them.