Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

Thanks Hooligan and Coleslawyum. Coleslaw, your four year old shoes look great. Did you have the sole edge sanded down? MIne are black around the edges, but I think your shoes look better.

Hello everyone. I'm back. There's a lot of posts to go through.

I ended up having to sell all of my Alden's and my Allen Edmonds, pretty much all my shoes to pay for a film I was working on.

Now I'm back at square one. Next buy is a pair of ATF Roughouts. Cheap and good looking.

I've also become addicted to denim since I've been gone.

Lots of nice shoes guys.

16mm Color film is really expensive. I was already eating dried microwave noodles for Breakfast, lunch and dinner. Something else had to go.

Yeah, It was extremely painful. The only redeeming thing was that I was able to sell most of them to friends and relatives. My dad actually has my favorite pair of Indies, I can probably buy them back from him when I get the cash.

How would you go about sizing on Alden Indy's?

have a professional measure your foot with a brannock device.

get the width, heel to ball, and heel to toe measurement. use the measurement which is the biggest.

order that size.

some very nice boots from julian!

jacob, do you have an idea how much a pair of 6" boots will cost? (like the one on the third picture)

also - sorry, but shameless plug - about to put these up in the supermarket :

acne busters - never really wear these

acnebust8.jpg

What size?? Look's like they may be too small, but if not I'm interested.

I know a lot of Red Wings gets thrown into this thread, but I don't remeber seeing too many pairs of 1907s. since it is closing in on the end of winter, I figured some pics would be in order.

Had these since 2008, and have worn them solid for two winters.

the leather laces broke, so I threw on the woven. have been much happier with the looks of these now anyways:

DSCN3677.jpg

I love the blackening effect that indigo has on the 1907 leather:

DSCN3678.jpg

the "whiskering" effect (don't know what else to call it, ha) that the laces dig in:

DSCN3681.jpg