Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

Just received my AF79s from Alden of Carmel.

I had to order half a size down than usual, or else wait 7 months, so I just ordered.

They are *slightly tight* where the vamp meets the tongue.

Anyone got tips for stretching them out slightly? So far I'm just going to stretch them a bit with my shoe trees.

side.jpg

side2.jpg

profile.jpg

what jeans are those? i could use a pair of dark bluey's like those for work...love the dark blue underside with selvage.

don't know if my dbs are worthy but after some muddy photo taking adventures, i thought they looked pretty cool. it's not really 'work' like i used to do but i've been all over the place in them. if they get dried out or too muddy i just put on a coat a leather food and they're back to normal.

dirtydbs-1.jpg

these docs i actually did real hard forestry/tree cutting work in for a year or so. they're pretty much retired.

docs1.jpg

docs3.jpg

looked kinda like this when new, without the texture on the leather

3155719810_068f8dc97c.jpg

I don't know why but I've been obsessed over Engineer boots for the past 2 weeks. I finally ordered a pair of Wesco Boss boots in what I hope is my right size. My plan is to order a pair of custom boots from them after handling the boots in person. This should be fun.

I don't know...I search for boots all the time and have never seen these offered. They really need to re-release these bad boys.

Like your blog. Your house is cool, you'd love to see some of my buddy's houses, straight outa the 50s. What year is the 6120

U MAD, those are dope. More info please. Outta rep...

picked them up at cyc sample sale. wings and horns design for dayton that are apparently not going into production but that was the story about the brown service boots so who knows. nice to have the only pair if only for a while though.

200 is too much in general.

and your feet are most likely not gonna fit in the shoe the same as his and the only way you could change that is by having alden recraft them for you, which would probably put you over the regular retail price.

Getting married in May, decided this was a good time to splurge and get a pair of shoes I always wanted.

Exhibit A:

4032871854_0432d97fc6_b.jpg

Ordered a pair of cordovan longwings from Epaulet; they arrived today. First pair of Aldens for me, but definitely won't be the last. The leather smells delicious, the fit is great. I am in heaven.

dsc05704u.jpg

Trickers. There were originally burgundy colour and were professionally dyed with black. You can still see some burgundy in the creases but it can be easily covered with some black patina. I really never wear them for some reason so they will end on ebay cheap soon. If someone's interested, pm me. size 8,5 (like redwing 9)