Levi's Vintage Clothing

I'm currently a fatass. Gained weight in a relationship that I'm starting to work off (March, I'm challenging myself to do 10k kettlebell swings along with my weights program).

I'm wearing a couple of pair of size 40 Gap jeans that have stretched to ~42" and they're big enough to fall off my hips. So I'm guessing I'm a true 40 right now, maybe a hair more.

Would you go '55s (38x36, 40" raw) or '37s (40x36, 42" raw), assuming a starting 30-45 minute sink soak?? I probably shouldn't buy jeans while I'm losing weight, but when they get too big I'll just make them my work pair and beat the shit out of them doing construction.

lvc has the stupidest fucking sizes of all time. 34 length?! i cant fit that

Does anyone know for certain what weight denim the new '44s are?

Unsure of the weight, but when I handled a pair, they felt the right weight, if you know what I mean. Next time I go to Cinch I will in all probability purchase a pair TTS, as with my experience (and Paul's advice on his visual guide), these puppies dont shrink in the waist a great deal.

The 2010 1944's are without a doubt, the nicest repros I've seen from Lvc for a long time.

If you can hang on a couple of weeks, I'll ask the manager at Cinch?

thats some excellent advice. not only do 47s and LVC in general need a good helping of time to look good, you don't need kill your wallet and engorge yourself on new denim.

my first pair was a 1947. they were the only jeans I ever wore for the first months. I liked them so much that in 6 months I got another pair. then in 6 months I got a 1937, then a year later I flogged the 2nd 1947 on ebay (reference to paul T) and got a 1915. I'd sell the first 47s too, but I think the crotch is too bad to fetch any decent amount of money on ebay. but maybe I'm wrong.

this is how its done my friend +rep,... i feel alot of ppl buy one jawnz after the other and do not take the time to wear them and make them look great,... some of them look nice - but seldom one look great!

i am for some reason into the 55's and wished i had taken a picture of my old one with 1.5 years on them,... sold them before xmas

watch out those:

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320492793545&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

;)

it´s a sample of one of the best pewashed 1944s and those are rare as hell.

the denim is somehow still rigid allthough prewashed, but you can see there is no rinse effect on em... if someone can help me, because i wonder if LVC used Cone Denim for those and if it was made by Taylor Toggs? the button is stamped R.

Does anyone know for certain what weight denim the new '44s are?

I don´t no on what online store it was but the, photos showed a letter that comes with the new LVCs where all informations about to find, in this letter you could read that they are "14oz after wash"...

watch out those:

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320492793545&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

;)

the denim is somehow still rigid allthough prewashed, but you can see there is no rinse effect on em... if someone can help me, because i wonder if LVC used Cone Denim for those and if it was made by Taylor Toggs? the button is stamped R.

Yes, the washed jeans made in the US all used Cone (it was the Turkish or ROmanian jeans used, i think, Legler from Italy). And i'd be pretty sure it's Taylor Togs.

They are a good finish - there were a few 'one wash' versions at that time that looked great, like the Blue Blood 1955 and the Pounded Out Koverup dungarees.

many thanks paul,

yes i remember those 55s which are very rare aswell and never had the chance of getting the right size...

actually i wouldn´t give these away, but since i´m a cheap student with no time to work extra, this is the only way of gettin money for new denim;)

I remember that piece when it came out. It was the "limited edition" vault piece for that season, and the production jeans came with an awesome pink cotton flannel pocket bags. They also came in a metal lunch pail, and maybe an authentication letter. I'm still kicking myself for not getting these at Selvedge when I had the opportunity. Probably my favorite pre-distressed LVC piece.

watch out those:

;)

maybe you should ask someone from cone. maybe they can provide some info for you.

http://www.conedenim.com/contacts.html

Erk, I had no idea Cone is that diversified and specialized in the vintage denim market. Interesting too is how they emphasize creativity in crafting their vintage denim. Much thanks for that link it;s a real eye opener into the world of Cone Mills.

Unsure of the weight, but when I handled a pair, they felt the right weight, if you know what I mean. Next time I go to Cinch I will in all probability purchase a pair TTS, as with my experience (and Paul's advice on his visual guide), these puppies dont shrink in the waist a great deal.

The 2010 1944's are without a doubt, the nicest repros I've seen from Lvc for a long time.

The minute I saw those 201s I knew they were very special, so yeah I know exactly what you mean. Hate to sound like a pest with the weight bit, but seeing the weight listed differently from one dealer to another really gets on my nerves plus it brings back bad memories of the crap I got in the past from Japan. For a novice like me it's good to have reassurances from those who know their denim. I appreciate your help and patience.

If you can hang on a couple of weeks, I'll ask the manager at Cinch?

Yeah sure if you don't mind, that'd be real cool of you to do that. not sure yet if I'm going to get a pair though -- it;s not like I need another pair of LVC right away. Being a history buff, the '44 does appeal to me and if the denim is distinctive then all the better.

Kinda random question: with Spring and Summer approaching I have been thinking about summer denim and shorts actually. I know that LVC put out the Vintage Knappave 1880'S Celebration Pack which came with cut-offs that could be worn as shorts. Have there been other LVC releases like that which could have been used as shorts or was that a one time thing?

I remember that piece when it came out. It was the "limited edition" vault piece for that season, and the production jeans came with an awesome pink cotton flannel pocket bags. They also came in a metal lunch pail, and maybe an authentication letter. I'm still kicking myself for not getting these at Selvedge when I had the opportunity. Probably my favorite pre-distressed LVC piece.

Shorty, they were called ' Rust and blue' IIRC.