Levi's Vintage Clothing

I just saw Steven Spielberg's West Side Story last night.

A staggering achievement in sound,  cinematography,  staging, art direction, and costume design. 

Its also a denim lover's dream. So much vintage! 

But this piece on the left in particular jumped off the screen. 

unnamed.png.7f0af4e099405c6f3bb49eff0defb7ad.png

It's from LVC's s/s Space Race 2019 collection. 

levisvintageclothing-lvc-springsummer2019-ss19-longjohn-misterdenim-denim-jeans-usa-america-spring-summer-2019-levis-levi-strauss-61-751x1024.thumb.jpg.e1d86053d23d97f2dd91afde85bbc50d.jpgs-l300.jpg.046dc2d1b6f8c616f671d8d115666f1e.jpg1799466841_Screenshot_20211214-110818_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.8ae53bdc0ab471d31d10fbe75464a201.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, kicks79 said:

While it might not be everyone's cup of tea, the jeans at least seem super wearable to me.

It's what all the youth are into these days, oversize and baggy. These will sell super well in the Japanese, Korean, and HK markets.

yeah it will definitely sell well.  It just reminds me too much of this image from Hinoya

07CEC029-1FE4-4680-9406-CB139636FB8E.thumb.png.2cd9c771ca275714818b2f9edc2f99b9.png

:D:laugh2:

On 12/29/2021 at 7:11 PM, kicks79 said:

While it might not be everyone's cup of tea, the jeans at least seem super wearable to me.

It's what all the youth are into these days, oversize and baggy. These will sell super well in the Japanese, Korean, and HK markets.

Further evidence that if you just hold on to your current sense of style long enough fashion will come back around for you to be hip yet again. 

On 12/15/2021 at 4:24 PM, generic_guy said:

Noticed Levis UK have got 20% off the super limited Japan 501.

Might be tempted at 50% as I do like them but silly expensive.

Apart from the Katakana text how do the Limited Japan 501 differ from the standard 1955 Made in Japan? Do they use a different denim? And who is making selvedge now for LVC Japan?

@the shivman Hey Nate, long time no hear. Hope you're well?

Not sure on the denim on these as the only knappave-type jeans that were made at the Valencia st factory were the original Nevada waist overalls, which only came in a pre distressed version at the time iirc.

The first knappave (raw/unwashed)  were produced in 2007 and way after the closure of the factory. Over on db, a member (username maxamillionose or something similar) l was talking to, had a number of sample pairs of knappave/Nevada pairs, none of which have denim origin stories and they were all different in some way (as you would expect with samples). Those look to be a very nice repro imo and a 35x35 (?) - let's see some more close up detailed pics when you have the time. Cheers for posting.

On 1/10/2022 at 2:55 PM, cool_hand said:

Apart from the Katakana text how do the Limited Japan 501 differ from the standard 1955 Made in Japan? Do they use a different denim? And who is making selvedge now for LVC Japan?

Don’t know if they differ from standard 55s (I assume not) but the denim is made by Kaihara mills

3 hours ago, Maynard Friedman said:

Don’t know if they differ from standard 55s (I assume not) but the denim is made by Kaihara mills

I could be wrong but it looks like they've made some improvements to the denim compared to the made in Bulgaria junk from a couple of years ago. The only issue is the MIJ are made TTS on the waist, they've not allowed anything for shrinkage!

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/26/2022 at 12:16 AM, entertainment said:

Sure do!  The main reason I posted was because I saw that you were still active here!

Oh l get the blame for everything ;)

Good to see you about here, noticed your sporting a new account  - if you want to continue with your original account, you have to contact the moderator fella Wayne (?) and he can sort that out.

I remember you were quite the collector - amongst them fountain pens were one of your area's of interest iirc. 

[Edit] please post some pics up of the 1873 ducks?

Edited by Dr_Heech

8 hours ago, Dr_Heech said:

Oh l get the blame for everything ;)

Good to see you about here, noticed your sporting a new account  - if you want to continue with your original account, you have to contact the moderator fella Wayne (?) and he can sort that out.

I remember you were quite the collector - amoung them fountain pens were one of your area's of interest iirc. 

[Edit] please post some pics up of the 1873 ducks?

The 1873 are the ones with the yoke and I also found some Made in Turkey ones without a yoke.   The fabric on the 555 1873s is so much nicer.

Great memory about the fountain pens.  My main interest lately is leather jackets so I have been hanging out at VLJ.  Should check in at DB too.

This was the account I created when Superfuture had that long hiatus during an upgrade and DB started.  I think my old account became invalid because of the exclamation point in the name.

IMG_5186.thumb.JPG.e0a55901e666832a9832ad59784b06a2.JPG

1 hour ago, entertainment said:

The 1873 are the ones with the yoke and I also found some Made in Turkey ones without a yoke.   The fabric on the 555 1873s is so much nicer.

Great memory about the fountain pens.  My main interest lately is leather jackets so I have been hanging out at VLJ.  Should check in at DB too.

I think the duck items made at the Valencia street factory around 99/00 were some of the best items lvc ever made. That duck fabric was unique. I kept the vest from the old original set l had just for that reason!

Shame but DB is all but a ghost town these days. I haven't posted there for over a year. At least here its fairly buoyant, even if we're all mostly not really buying that often and into different styles. It's a different world than 10 years ago denim wise too: Warehouse is the new Lvc (although overall higher quality and better construction imo) and because you can unpick the arcs :) but mostly we're all wearing repros of WW2 Levis which dont require any arcs...

Looking forward to seeing your vintage leather posts btw and good to see you back.

• 2 weeks later...