Levi's Vintage Clothing

haha i'm all confused about the number: http://www.levisvintageclothing.com/products/product-51860.html

the spearmint color is officially called "swamp."

setter i'll see what our size run is. we usually get a couple 38s.

The original 518s had a plain canvas-like weave rather than the corduroy-like texture of the 519s. The rear pocket tab was white on the 518s. They had no leather patch, and no front pocket rivets. .

Despite the lack of these details, I think the 518s are closer to the California white levis, surfer look.

Edited by RQ8

Thomask, I think all raw 501s, other than the 33s (just picked up a new pair) now have the narrower loops. Happened further back than a season ago, because my 4170 55s and 66s from two to three years ago have the narrower loops. My newer 47s and 44s have 'em too. Don't like it and don't think it's a historical detail.

The 55 always has had very narrow lops with nearly no fabric beside the seam, I think. I had a look in my closet; the 47 from SS11 still had wider loops. But I certainly don't want to argue with you here :rolleyes:. And yes, it's a pity they changed that.

Didn't realize the 55s were always narrower. Thanks for the info.

Disappointed in the narrower ones, especially on my '44s. A little worried about how they're going to hold up.

I was lucky this past week to find a bunch of orange tag LEVIs and they fit. Mostly 505, a couple of them are red tags. I bought 12 (2 aren't pictured). I paid about $2-3USD each. None of them are in perfect conditon... Still some good fades. I'll post one of the better faded jeans later, if anyone wants to see.

8505517248_0b51218ebb_b.jpg

I also bought a part of a big E Levi's jeans last week because I was excited about finding anything big E. I've only found some of the pants/shorts before, never the jeans... Not yet. :D

8504406249_b76d0f1ed2_b.jpg

8505516928_93386f7136_c.jpg

What I can read:

S,

L30

#2 (on the button)

It looks there is a faded stamp on the inside/pocket lining, I can't read it.

UPDATE: As I'm writing this post, I found a piece of scrap paper and a quarter in the coin pocket. It went through the wash... Amateur archaelogist mistake.

"You better write or come see me"

8505579328_9efc0e75a5_c.jpg

Thomask, I think all raw 501s, other than the 33s (just picked up a new pair) now have the narrower loops. Happened further back than a season ago, because my 4170 55s and 66s from two to three years ago have the narrower loops. My newer 47s and 44s have 'em too. Don't like it and don't think it's a historical detail.

Check out chuck's vintage thread, some photo's of real late 40's early 50's 501xx jeans, it would seem that both wide and narrow belt loops were used at that time,,, i like the narrow belt loops, but i prefer the very early season's of lvc 47s from 1999 through to 2004-5 ish, i feel the early ones were better fabric and alot stiffer, the current ones are ok,,, have a look through chucks vintage on supertalk...

also check out marvins vintage a japanese site, they have real 47s for sale, some with wide loops and some with narrow loops...

Can anyone tell me what these are?

I was going through some old stuff and found them. I have no idea where I got them. Ive been into denim for about 10yrs, but im not as serious about it as some of the guys here...I keep 2 pairs in rotation and keep it moving.

They're big E's, but there arent any tags anywhere to be found in the pants...So I have no clue what they are.

Thanks

753f57f3-527c-43a3-9511-40dc76bb0a72_zpscdbb8130.jpg

128f9a1c-a65e-484e-ae73-377eb0f7a10c_zpsa0e010f5.jpg

c5735145-847c-4bc4-810c-7c9fa8885344_zps1d25f42e.jpg76f26fb8-b169-4ce1-a024-8bd1daceff6d_zps401f3304.jpg

Edited by jilla82

Hello hello, I'm new here and really don't even know what this site is all about but I have seen that you guys seem to really know your stuff about Levi's, and so here I am.

I need your help! If anyone can help me out here.

This is how the story goes:

I bought a pair of these Blue Corduroy Pants from the thrift store a few years ago, they're Levi's and they are my favorite pair of pants in the world but I've worn them far out of usability. Thing is, I can't find them anywhere online at all, and the tag inside is completely faded so I don't have a way of getting the pants number. (I know Levi's makes their pants by numbers, like 505's or 625's and such)

Here's the information I can provide:

These must have been made in the 80's or afterwards since it's not a big E, it's a little e.

The tag on the back pocket is WHITE, not red or orange.

There is no brown patch on the top to show size or anything like that.

The buttons say "Levi's Strauss & Co" going in a circle, metal buttons.

Here are the two major things, these are blue corduroy, and are either Flares or Bell Bottoms. Not sure which.. Or "Boot Cut"? - I think it's one of the first two though.

And the BIGGEST distinction about these pants are the back pockets, they are flapped, buttoned back pockets, and I have searched for hours to find a matching pair online and I cannot find a pair that have these same pockets. I've found a pair of woman's that look similar, I think they were 525's, but their pockets are pointed; not the same.

Here are a few photos:

bell1_zps51cc84ca.jpg

bell2_zps3078db68.jpg

bell3_zpsc7654f7a.jpg

ANY help whatsoever would be extremely appreciated. I have looked for a very long time before coming here, even created an account here just to ask for some information on this.

Thank you in advance!

And hi my name is SPNarwhal nice to meet you.