Levi's Vintage Clothing

Very nice fit groove, do your's also have the 'peeping' pocketbags?

It annoys the hell out of me on my '44's, apart from that they're perfect.

Hey Mich-- haha yes, but I actually like that detail. It will look cooler (to me, anyway) over time. Just one of those things where I like my jeans like my women: diverse, as long as they're not huge.

^ I've bought from here recently, not originals but decent enough copies. They're easy to deal with, cheap and ship to the UK. I bought the Lee and Levi's versions.

Edit: forgot the link!

http://www.dimebuttons.com/index.aspx

Edited by Maynard Friedman

hey all, i recently bought my first shrink-to-fit 1947 501's in 32x32. i have no prior experience with shrink-to-fit denim and my only other lvc is the pre-shrunk 1967 505s in 30x32 which fit me perfect. i have not soaked or washed them yet and im a little concerned about the fit. the description of the 501 is a classic slim but they are a bit baggy on me in the thighs and legs. will the thigh and leg areas shrink as well after soaking them? iam not too concerned with the waist and inseam sizing as i expect them too but the bagginess of the leg areas freak me out as i prefer slimmer jeans.

thanks for your help.

Thanks Paul love the boots and thanks Lance. This is the 3rd pair of 1933s I've owned and the only pair I've been able to get those kinds of whiskers and I actually got some combs on these to. I think keeping them dry for as long as I did, did the trick.

Anybody thinking about a flight jacket that is pretty accurate, wont break the wallet and takes only a few weeks to deliver should consider BK.

New LVC 1947's. Went for 34x36 and experienced the same amount of shrinkage as most found after an hour in a hot tub. They're tight in the waist but still have that 501 feel in the top block. Cant wait to get these feeling less starchy and more lived in!

ZlUXsMu.jpg

rawvYjt.jpg

hAJ3lm4.jpg

GFE186M.jpg

Bought from oi polloi of Manchester

hey all, i recently bought my first shrink-to-fit 1947 501's in 32x32. i have no prior experience with shrink-to-fit denim and my only other lvc is the pre-shrunk 1967 505s in 30x32 which fit me perfect. i have not soaked or washed them yet and im a little concerned about the fit. the description of the 501 is a classic slim but they are a bit baggy on me in the thighs and legs. will the thigh and leg areas shrink as well after soaking them? iam not too concerned with the waist and inseam sizing as i expect them too but the bagginess of the leg areas freak me out as i prefer slimmer jeans.

thanks for your help.

So I finally did the soak but only got minimal shrinkage. soaked in the tub with warm water for 2 hrs then hung to dry but only got 1 inch off the waist, the inseam lost about 2 inches. But still quite on the baggy side. Will washing and machine drying shrink them further or is this pretty much it? I prefer not to but at this point I am very much tempted to.

two or three washes, and I only lost 2" off the inseam of my '47s (assuming they actually measured the tagged 34). you could throw your 47s in the washer on hot, and dry them on the dryer's highest setting, but it will probably do more harm than good. Give 'em one more soak, and figure they're done.

I see reference occasionally to Valencia Street made, and/or the associated '555' stamp. Do you think it's only nostalgia that makes these a nice catch or were the early LVC repro to have come from this factory really better back then?

I assume that finding Valencia/555 LVC to be a pretty rare score now.

Look thru the thread for opinions.

Valencia St isn't intrinsically better; but they are more authentic Levi's, being sewn in the old factory, rather than by a 3rd party contractor. Somehow the errors on Valencia St items are more acceptable; there were always errors on old Levi's, so the faults made them seem more authentic. Faults on contracted out items make them feel less authentic...

My gateway jeans were Nudies-- they had the same flaw above the left knee.

Does anyone have any info about the development of QC at Levi's? With regard to errors, was it possible for say one factory to tweak the cut, resulting in slight (or even major) unintentional variations in the dimensions of 501s produced in the same year?