Levi's Vintage Clothing

I can hardly button up the lower button as is, and I bought it on supermarket. Do LVC jackets even come in an xs?

Well to a lot of people on SuFu, hardly being able to button up the lower button is still too loose. If the jacket isn't so tight that is squeezes your lower intestines and makes ur nuts pop out of your fly, than its too loose.

Yea, I dont understand it either...

Edit,

The jacket looks good, man.

Edited by MikeS

506 and 507 are shrink to fit, 557 is sanforized and should have minimal shrinkage.

Well I have a 70505-0217, so what does that mean? I'm not too well rehearsed on the levi's number system I'm afraid.

The jacket looks good, man.

Thanks! It's certainly growing on me.

never noticed anything that off in a pair of my LVC. but, it's not to be unexpected that there'd be some flaws in a bolt of cloth.

To all the people getting rust in the hardware of their jeans, do you have a water softener? I have a private well and a water softener, and the closest I've gotten to rust is on just one pair of jeans (the back of the waist band button on my Warehouse 1001XX). My LVC is no stranger to water, and I've never had any rust, including a pair of new R button '47s.

My '22s I bought last October are stamped 337. I bought some '47s recently that are stamped r on the waist band button. Not sure which is newer production, but the '47s do have the new cheaper buttons people have been complaining about.

not the ideal t-shirt fit pic but here's me in a 50s tee. i wear one almost every day. whites (made in USA) fit a little larger and stretch out more than the colored (made in portugal) counterparts. if you straddle the line on sizes, go up for colors and down for whites.

IMG_2970.jpg

Edited by satchelbmoore

Looking good! What shoes are those?

Hi Boys & Girls!

As it's my first post here, I'd like to great everyone at first.

At first glance, it's noticeable that majority of people here got a thorough knowledge of Levi's products. Hence my request for evaluation:

This morning I bought 2 pairs of used Levi's - 501s & 517s at the local charity shop.

Could some of you tell me if they seem to be genuine and evaluate their age (they look old to me - I believe that 517s are at least 20 y.o.)?

Both made in UK, they have the same number "311" on the inner side of the button. Stiching, rivets seem to be decent, neat and durable.

Pictures should say more about them:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/wsekund5/

Pls check my gallery & share some ideas and opinions. Cheers.

Edited by wsekund5

I decided to try and stretch out the thighs on my LVC 47s and it looks like it worked for the most part. So now I'm enjoying them again. I wish I could find more LVC 50s tees or the striped ones. Totally loving the one I got from the SF store.

How did you stretch out the thighs? Any special method to it?

How did you stretch out the thighs? Any special method to it?

just by wearing them, right?