Levi's Vintage Clothing

sorry, no xxls in any stripes at the moment.

definitely a few smalls though. regular price $95:

95049b3d.jpg

33fd4597.jpg

the red in the collar is more washed-out than in this picture.

sorry, no xxls in any stripes at the moment.

definitely a few smalls though. regular price $95:

95049b3d.jpg

33fd4597.jpg

the red in the collar is more washed-out than in this picture.

More colors coming in in the next couple weeks.

Yeah, don't understand their price policy, they should by now realize only a fool will pay that much. So, at the end of the season they're bound to go on sale and that's when us denimheads will buy. Why not make 'm cheaper to begin with?

It's the same with the jeans. They are clearly not catering specifically to discerning, price-discriminating denimheads, but to a much wider market. I'll wager there are still plenty of customers buying their products at full price, so why sell them cheaper to start with?

most shops which have LVC on sale don't have much in size S left; looking for print tees not the striped ones

true, the retail price is a lot more than I'd like to spend on a tee; always waiting for the sales but small sizes tend to sell out before the sales...

It's the same with the jeans. They are clearly not catering specifically to discerning, price-discriminating denimheads, but to a much wider market. I'll wager there are still plenty of customers buying their products at full price, so why sell them cheaper to start with?

Yeah, they probably sell enough product at full price, that there's no reason to lower profit margins by lowering price. I understand that it adds to the status of the brand making it exclusive and high priced, but all it does is keep the majority of the line out of the hands of your most enthusiastic fans. In the past year I've been lucky to buy several LVC items on sale from 50 to 70% off. Still not cheap but reasonable. I'd buy a lot more LVC if the price started out reasonable.

I'd buy a lot more LVC if the price started out reasonable.

same could be said for many other premium brands. LVC is actually pretty in line price wise with its competitors, even a tad cheaper than RRL (and their stuff is almost all made in china). where LVC falls short behind japanese repro brands, is indeed with tees & sweatshirts which aren't loopwheel or tube constructed. on a larger note, i really don't think LVC sells as much as people think, up until recently it was even said Levis hardly broke even with the line, but were maintaining it to keep a foot in the premium category and for legacy/credibility purposes. only recently with the explosion of the whole "heritage" trend has LVC known success and greater exposure, but the prices have steadily increased accordingly..

LVC makes no money at all. Sometimes even runs at a loss. The rest of the corporation barely even acknowledges it's existence. The people like us that buy it's most 'heritage' pieces are a miniscule proportion of even LVC's already small customer base. I have to remind myself of this when I'm bitching about some of the usual things in this thread. In reality we're lucky they exist at all.

Hey guys and gals, long time lurker... First question: where is the denim from the 646's made from? I bought a pair from Ross 4 years ago and had them tapered. They look fucking tits. Was wondering where the denim is sourced from. Any help would be appreciated.

LVC makes no money at all. Sometimes even runs at a loss. The rest of the corporation barely even acknowledges it's existence. The people like us that buy it's most 'heritage' pieces are a miniscule proportion of even LVC's already small customer base. I have to remind myself of this when I'm bitching about some of the usual things in this thread. In reality we're lucky they exist at all.

I´d say: In reality they´re lucky that we exist at all!

It´s us denim enthusiasts that help keeping the heritage of such brands alife by waisting our time in web, fleamarkets and flagshipstores

Sorry if this has been discussed before. I can't find a thread for made & crafted. I just got a couple of shirts and imo the quality is far better than anything lvc is doing at the moment.

OK, those jacket forearms are too baggy and you probably won't be able to shrink them down.

What's a man to do?

Well if Mohammed won't come to the mountain... then you join the navy, eat lots of spinach and get a girlfriend called Olive - gagagaga!