Levi's Vintage Clothing

There are enough old zippers around you could probably salvage the pull from. I've got a handful of nos talon zippers I picked up for peanuts. Of course the zipper face that they hang from would be different. Mine have a 42 stamped on it.

There are enough old zippers around you could probably salvage the pull from. I've got a handful of nos talon zippers I picked up for peanuts. Of course the zipper face that they hang from would be different. Mine have a 42 stamped on it.

Thanks man, just wish Lvc had put a decent zipper on there in the first place.

I got used to it now so it's no longer an issue, and besides these are one of my favorite Lvc's.

The Hunting Coat in rigid.

I was surprised that it's

a) not that big (it's supposed to shrink at least one size when washed, so I expected it to be huge but if fits well like it is) and

B) not that wide of a cut. The cut looked very sack-like which I suppose is standard for that time. But it's no so much so that it would be difficult to wear.

lvchntgctrgd.jpg

Hey LVC crew, I was curious if someone could give me a little information. I was curious about the Levis XX denim that from what I have herd was the repro's from Levis before they started the LVC line? Im trying to find some info on it online but have not had much luck. What is the story on this line? when was it made? how long? Rare?

Thanks in advance!

Edit with some pics:

'55s

2012-02-16_10-12-34_371.jpg

2012-02-16_10-12-49_771.jpg

Edited by MikeS

I think the reproduction line prior to LVC was called Capital 'E' or something similar, not Levi's XX.

The 'XX' signifies the denim used to make them, I think all LVC have this on the patch. I'd say yours are 99% certain LVC.

Edited by Maynard Friedman

those look like LVC 55's from around 2005 or so, if the back button has an R stamp. in any event the inside tag will tell you when they were made. they are definately not early models. as said earlier the 501xx has a different font and is much thicker on early models.

hi all!

I just got a pair of 1954 501ZXX and I want to shorten it before washing.

do u guys know how much it shrinks in length?

thanks in advance!

better to shrink first, then hem so you don't wind up too short. but, my experience with various models of LVC is to expect 3" shrinkage in the inseam when they're totally, completely, shrunk up.

Just to clarify...

Originally in 1954 the 501z was shrink to fit, but it was eventually phased-out sometime in the sixties IIRC (ended up being renamed 502).

There was also the late 50's 551z, which although was a slightly different cut, was sanforized. Between 1964-66 it was (gradually) renamed the 505.

re the 501Z - worth pointing out that its new name, the 502, was an old one - it previously referred to the youth's size 501. The 502 seems pretty popular - it was one of the first Levi's Japan reissues, circa 1987 IIRC, and has cropped up regularly since.

I know theoretically the zipper is a problem on STF jeans, but I've rarely had a problem with it, if you wash zippered up... I love that the word describing the phenomenon is cockling.

Here's my Levi bag. It's in deadstock condition. It's by the same company that did the above version, but seems to be a different configuration than the other posted original and the repro.

bagsmall.jpg

bagsmall2.jpg

Yama Yama, but what are people doing with these? Do they wear them, that seems out of place for something so old and expensive. So then what, Frame 'em and hang them on a wall?

not at all that expensive for deadstock vintage selvedge, if those were my size i'd grab them immediately, rip those tags off and prance around all day in them you can be sure of that lol

edit: btw whatever happened to that dude that got the 50's deadstock for like 100 euros off ebay de?

Edited by min2max

Yama Yama, but what are people doing with these? Do they wear them, that seems out of place for something so old and expensive. So then what, Frame 'em and hang them on a wall?

Not expensive at all. You wanna check out Marvins now and again, for example for just under £8000 -

dp1157-1.jpg

dp1157-2.jpg

dp1157-5.jpg

dp1157-11.jpg

dp1157-4.jpg

no need to go and quote that wall of images if they were just posted one post above yours. Thanks!

Fucks sake, again I ask, what do you do with a £22,000 pair of Levi's?

Or perhaps a better question would be what would you do with a vintage pair? I think if I had the money to afford an £8000 pair of Levi's I think I could afford to wear them.

Edited by Cotton Duck

Fucks sake, again I ask, what do you do with a £22,000 pair of Levi's?

Or perhaps a better question would be what would you do with a vintage pair? I think if I had the money to afford an £8000 pair of Levi's I think I could afford to wear them.

Without wanting to raise your blood pressure any further, I think you have answered your own question.