Levi's Vintage Clothing

^Let me guss, you've washed at 40°degrees, right? If you're satified with the fit, okay! If you want to add some more shrinkage only to the bottom of your jean, you can soak just the legs in hot (!) water for a while.

I actually thought about that. I might do that some time in the future.

Strange ... I've just read my previous posts again and noticed how similar those jeans look (fadewise):

unbenannt1gy.png

lovely triptychon, unfortunately I´m not able to give you reputation... i´m so jealous of the leg twist, never had pair of lvc that came up like those, allthough imo it is one of the coolest features of denim...

it seem you don´t like too high contrast fades and wash your jeans more early?

Just checked my LVC 40's T and it has seams on both sides.

No, don't think so; i didn't notice that the above post stated US-made undershirts. I was simply making the point that if I can by a 100% cotton, circular-knitted shirt for $1.29, I would expect an $80 LVC repro to not have seams.

Anyone currently in possession of the US made 50s tee? I read the 40s t is cut rather slim and long. How does the 50s T compare to that?

And is there a difference in fabric between the 40s and 50s tee?

There are different 50's tees. I've got the 1950's Sportswear Tee and the 50's T-Shirt., both are made in portugal. The sportswear tee is short and boxy with real short sleeves, more stiff fabric. The 50's tee is pretty long but slim and on the softer side. The 40's tee is a real slim cut and the smoothest and softest tee I've ever owned. All are really nice.

lovely triptychon, unfortunately I´m not able to give you reputation... i´m so jealous of the leg twist, never had pair of lvc that came up like those, allthough imo it is one of the coolest features of denim...

it seem you don´t like too high contrast fades and wash your jeans more early?

Hmm, dunno, I let' em do their own thing and I really like 'em that way.

I wash when they're dirty and I've got the theory that the leg twist results from early washes, haha, but of course I'm not sure.

I've got a deadstock 555 1955, 34x36 up in the Supermarket:

P'med.

Fit of my 1947s. Glad I didn't sell them.

Looking nice, good decision to keep them!

Not yet, no. They got worn for about 3 weeks straight and got filthy then I hand washed them. After that I decided I was going to rotate a couple other pairs I have instead for the time being. I have worn them out to a few concerts and events but no significant wear since.

Hey, can anyone here point me towards a good source for a replacement buckle for my 37's? Mine is falling apart and I've gotten really used to using the cinch to hold my jeans up!

Thanky...

River Junction.

airforgUSMC sent me a replacement buckle from them for a pair of jeans (tailor has them now) and they look great and seem a lot more durable than the crappy one that comes on most LVC.

I rang Cinch/LVC today and enquired about a product that they no longer stock (but another London retailer does) - the sand coloured 1901s. I think I spoke to Ed and he was incredibly helpful, talking about the details and sizing of the jeans even though there couldn't possibly be a sale involved for his store. It was refreshing to speak to someone who seemed genuinely passionate and knowledgeable about LVC.

Anyway, hats off to Ed (if that was his name)!

I might but I want to try them on first. The shop's not far from where I work (short train journey) but is open by appointment only! I need to sort myself out and contact them but I think the price may go down even more as I don't think they're too popular, so I'm tempted to wait. How about you k b?