Levi's Vintage Clothing

hey paul how much are the 201s? the e bay link didnt work for me

I found electrum's link; these go for around $300 plus on eBay, one Japanese seller has them in stock for around $450. I'd take $239 from any Sufu regular.

The 1947 501 would be $145 (new price from Cultizm is $219).

Or make me an offer!

I have been lurking here for a while & thought I would post my recent LVC ebait purchases. Both bought for £30 each.

This was a 1944 pair, size 36" x 34", from the Levi factory in Valencia St, in 1999.

They have been washed twice & soaked once.

The size has shrunk to 34" waist & 31" length. Hope to loose another 1" on the length at the next soak.

PICT3968.jpg

PICT3972.jpg

PICT3800.jpg

this pair a 1955 pair, size 36" x 34", some of the last from the Taylor Toggs factory in 2008.

They have been washed twice & soaked twice. The size has shrunk to 34" waist & 30" length.

PICT3974.jpg

PICT3975.jpg

PICT3953.jpg

Here are both pairs together, 1944 on right of pic.

PICT3961.jpg

The denim on those 54s looks nice. I wish I had some rep to hand out, but good 1st and 2nd post.

Someone please rep the dude for me.

Just arrived a pair of Levi 501XX 1915 Cone Mills.

Tagged: 30x32

Measured: 33x34

About to soak and I was wondering if cuffing the hem would help shorten the inseam?

are you kidding? of course cuffing the hem will help shorten the inseam.

post pics and your silliness will be forgiven.

Is there anyone Television or Movies with Levi's Vintage Clothing (like, recent since '96) in it?

Hard to be sure but I figure "All the pretty horses" was LVC. Lot's of great 1940's era cowboy clothes in that and is a decent western not "Unforgiven" quality but good.

I saw a couple of early 70's movies that had cool vintage clothes. One was "Badlands" with Martin Sheen and Sissy Spacek and Sheen is dressed super cool in that and "The Last Picture Show" which is set in Texas and has some great period stuff including denim. Those are both set in the '50's. Those are both highly regarded from a period (70's) of movies that is highly regarded.

Dom have you ever seen photos of mine? I wore them raw for almost 6 months before they hit water. I would highly recommend just wearing as long as absolutely possible.

Sounds good. I'll try and do that and post some fit pics later.

I'll probably have to double-cuff them. Pretty light-weight.

There's some room in the waist, but not too much.

I have a pair of 54's that I'll probably wear raw, also.

yeah, I picked up a pair of those once at a thrift... they're just the 501 line with selvedge. Plus those look to have been "aged"

The braces are just the brown elastic from Gentlemans Emporium, plain but US made and high quality. The shirt is Structure. It's kind of an odd brand. Most of their stuff is modern/crappy, but then they throw in some interesting vintage style items. This one is a no-button pullover. It's a cotton/linen very similar to chambray.

thanks! yep I believe the 606 are the models that the ramones wore. I got these about 2 years ago when I worked at Levi's. They had a program for employees called "EPP (employee purchase plan)" and we could buy a lot of things (including Cap Es, LVCs) at wholesale price. As long as you had the SKU, and they had it in the warehouse, they sold you whatever. I don't think LVC 606's were ever sold in retail stores in the US, at least not the raw/deadstock. Got this one for like 60 bucks if I can remember. The color is hard to capture correctly i'll try again when I can with my point and shoot.

I'm trying to source some 2010 1944 501's in 36x34. Normally I'd buy from Cultizm but they don't seem to have that size. Have tried endclothing, aeroleather, Hanon, oki-ni. Any other suggestions? I'm in the UK.

Cheers.

Try www.thethreethreads.com