Levi's Vintage Clothing

Soaked my new '44's yesterday and boy they are a slim cut (been some years since I donned a pair of these!)

Not complaining, however, as they'll stretch out a little. After a 20 minute bath tub soak in 30 degrees, the shrinkage is minimal - lost 1/2 an inch in the waist, 2 and 1/2 in the length.

The new cone denim is beautifull.

Pics on the weekend, hopefully.

do the 44s have the right rivets? as in... are they copper coated steel or solid copper?

like this

dp667-8.jpg

or are they like the 47s

dp739-4.jpg

Cheep

Be realistic, this is lvc we're talkin about.

They are the same shiny copper hidden rivets used on all the 44, 47, 55 and 63 repro's since 1996.

At least they've got the tab right, at last

IMG_0342.jpg

Maybe Lvc Japan did the copper coated steel rivets on theirs?

Soaked my new '44's yesterday and boy they are a slim cut (been some years since I donned a pair of these!)

Not complaining, however, as they'll stretch out a little. After a 20 minute bath tub soak in 30 degrees, the shrinkage is minimal - lost 1/2 an inch in the waist, 2 and 1/2 in the length.

The new cone denim is beautifull.

Pics on the weekend, hopefully.

What's your waist, and what size did you buy?

Mind measuring the front and rear rise for me, post-soak?

I was comparing my lvc47 (bought from the SF store) and my lvc47 purchased from Hanon-Shop in Europe. I have read that the LVC Japan collection is more superior but are the US versions the same as the European ones. Couldn't find discussion on this and my apologies if it has been discussed already.

The unworn pair are from Europe.

IMGP2340.jpg

The selvage is slightly different(sorry for the blur)

IMGP2342.jpg

Tags differences

IMGP2332.jpg

European tag

IMGP2333.jpg

US version's tags

IMGP2334.jpg

I couldnt remember when I purchased the European ones but I guess it was sometime in 2005. The worn pair were bought in San Francisco early in 2006 so could be from the 2005 collection.

IMGP2339.jpg

What's your waist, and what size did you buy?

Mind measuring the front and rear rise for me, post-soak?

My waist measures 33.5, and they are oversized by roughly 1 inch. Mine are a tagged size 33/34, which measured just over 34" waist/35 leg pre-soak.

Post soak measurements are -

Waist - 33", inseam 31.5", front rise - 13" and back rise - 16",

hope this helps?

The cone denim is gorgeous btw

Why are they tagged 701 ??

I think this is a historical error. At one time, some people mistakenly thought the 501 had originally been coded as the 701, and there were a couple of reissues, maybe even the Capital E that preceded LVC, that used the 701 lot number rather than 501. I think this is a hangover from that.

I have that French book, Jeans Of Heroeswhich has a photo of John Wayne wearing "a classic pair of 701". It always makes me chuckle, given that 701 is in fact the lot number for Lady Levi's.

By the way I think both those jeans are identical, apart from the different tags, both probably made by Taylor Togs with COne fabric. US market jeans often have the R on the back of the fly button, when the Europe ones generally had 643M or similar.

And who, by the way, are "the Beetles"??? Maybe they are Thai fakes? Where's Doug C when ya need him??

My waist measures 33.5, and they are oversized by roughly 1 inch. Mine are a tagged size 33/34, which measured just over 34" waist/35 leg pre-soak.

Post soak measurements are -

Waist - 33", inseam 31.5", front rise - 13" and back rise - 16",

hope this helps?

The cone denim is gorgeous btw

I thought my regular 501s were high, but that takes the cake.

Can someone with 1947's in size 30-32 measure their front and rear rise post-soak for me? I'm trying to decide between it and '44's.

can anyone let me know what's the suggested retail for the just released Made in USA 44 WWII 501s? advice on sizing would help too, was told LVC finally got it right this time round e.g. a pair of W34 would shrink 2 inches to W32.

thanks for the help in advance.

can anyone let me know what's the suggested retail for the just released Made in USA 44 WWII 501s? advice on sizing would help too, was told LVC finally got it right this time round e.g. a pair of W34 would shrink 2 inches to W32.

thanks for the help in advance.

Bunga, isn't the answer in the Doctor's post? THey seem to be overszied by an inch, and will probably shrink less than two inches.

The sizing guide, from fall 2009, has them oversized, too.

I thought my regular 501s were high, but that takes the cake.

Can someone with 1947's in size 30-32 measure their front and rear rise post-soak for me? I'm trying to decide between it and '44's.

What cake? You're deciding between two pairs of 1940's repros, which will have a slightly high rise, the 44's more so than the 47's.

Bunga, isn't the answer in the Doctor's post? THey seem to be overszied by an inch, and will probably shrink less than two inches.

The sizing guide, from fall 2009, has them oversized, too.

thanks Paul, dug back and found Doc's post about them - i've been away for a bit, there's a lot of catching up to do!

I found this at a resale shop a few days ago. Looks like an early LVC (1999, if I'm reading the tag correctly?). Great distressing job, I thought it was really a beat up '60s type III until I saw the suspiciously perfect repairs on the back, and then found the tag.

4461431706_6be00792e3_o.jpg

4461431728_09d5b20938_o.jpg

4461431788_a9b4e0ba06_o.jpg

4460653265_77f382d51b_o.jpg

Roy6

When you see an earlier 557xx/70505 which is that faded, the obvious tell tale sign that it's not an original is the fact that the label would have been cracked, or worse, missing entirely, as the earlier card stock on Levis jeans and jackets wasn't washing machine friendly.