Levi's Vintage Clothing

I havent seen ANY lvc being sold at the Levis stores in manhattan, and if they're not selling it there, it's not being sold anywhere in the US...

i saw some LVC 47s 2 weeks ago at the broadway store (was checking out the 40% off sale.) they didn't have my size, or anything close. generally i'm a 32/30 in the modern 501s, so i was going to go for 33/34 or 34/34.

i asked and they checked on the computer and said none of the nyc stores had my size.

honestly, though, i wasn't super impressed with them. they were marked at $100, so with the 40% off i would have gotten them at $60, which seemed reasonable. for $100 i say "no way", i'd rather pay twice that for sugar canes.

i honestly don't see why people pay so much for the LVC stuff, i see them for close to $200 online, which seems silly compared to the japanese repros available.

i saw some LVC 47s 2 weeks ago at the broadway store (was checking out the 40% off sale.) they didn't have my size, or anything close. generally i'm a 32/30 in the modern 501s, so i was going to go for 33/34 or 34/34.

i asked and they checked on the computer and said none of the nyc stores had my size.

honestly, though, i wasn't super impressed with them. they were marked at $100, so with the 40% off i would have gotten them at $60, which seemed reasonable. for $100 i say "no way", i'd rather pay twice that for sugar canes.

i honestly don't see why people pay so much for the LVC stuff, i see them for close to $200 online, which seems silly compared to the japanese repros available.

I am under the impression that you didn't actually see the LVC line. If they were tagged at $100 and were $60 on sale then my guess is they were part of the premium line. There is another jeans they call the 47, which is not part of LVC. The cheapest LVC is the 47 cut (in the US) and it has a tagged price of $175. And the quality is quite on par with sugar canes.

honestly youre so ignorant about LVC line,go back to youre jap repros(there copied from levis vintage)

I am under the impression that you didn't actually see the LVC line. If they were tagged at $100 and were $60 on sale then my guess is they were part of the premium line. There is another jeans they call the 47, which is not part of LVC. The cheapest LVC is the 47 cut (in the US) and it has a tagged price of $175. And the quality is quite on par with sugar canes.

yeah, they didn't happen to say 1947 limited edition did they? with no selvage line?

Guest Raul

Here are my european LVC 501 '47 (2009) in size 34x36 (actually 33x36) after 2 hours of hot bath. Bottom shrunk 2", waist only 1". I am usually a W32. Some more shrinkage should be expected in next 2-3 baths. What do you think about the fit? I think it's rather good.

LEVIS%20009c.jpg

LEVIS%20008.jpg

honestly youre so ignorant about LVC line,go back to youre jap repros(there copied from levis vintage)

Uhh, I don't think his post required that type of response. "Jap" repros???

Uhh, I don't think his post required that type of response. "Jap" repros???

not to mention his misuse of the word "They're" and "There"

yeah, they didn't happen to say 1947 limited edition did they? with no selvage line?

ah-HA! that must be it. they DID say 1947 limited edition and had no selvedge line! i was confused, sorry.

so many varieties of levis, that i just assumed that they were the LVC because they were the 1947 cut (my bad, apologies all around - except to levisforever and his "jap" comment.)

They might have some, but they would be left overs from last season and most likely picked over.

You could always call the store to check.

Actually cultizm does not charge shipping. It is included in the price. And that is the best place to get them.

I would think that the San Francisco head flagship store would carry some LVC solely because that is where the Levis headquarters are. Can anyone confirm that they do not?

when i go there, sometimes they have it, sometimes they don't. if you're near san jose, valley fair seems to always have them and the cap E version as well.

Actually cultizm does not charge shipping. It is included in the price. And that is the best place to get them.

they charge shipping to the US... or I've been paying extra for it if he doesn't...?

they charge shipping to the US... or I've been paying extra for it if he doesn't...?

I have never been charged more than what the listed price is. I believe he marks down the price of the garment and then charges shipping. I bought an LVC shirt listed at $109. He then charged me $91 for the shirt and then $19 for the shipping. I ended up paying like $110.50 or something. So you could consider the $1.50 a shipping cost.

Actually looking back at the website, it appears he has taking the shipping out of the cost. So now it looks like everything is marked down about $20.

And the 47s appear to be listed at $150.42.

i know this was answered before, but i can't find the post. what's the difference between the 2008 1901's and the 2009/"new collection" a la cultizm 1901's? or if someone knows the post, can you give me the link. thanks.

The main difference was that Lvc put the wrong (earlier, non-two horse)patch on the 2008 1901's. Looking at pics of the 2009 edition on Doshaburi site, they have the correct patch, but it only says Lot 501, rather than Lot 501XX, which they have written on the 1890 and 1917 leather patches. I think the 2008 were a different cut, slimmer maybe.

I have the 2004 edition 1901, and they have the darkest denim I have ever seen on any Lvc Levis line, although they are WAY oversized.

Guest Raul

I usually wear a W32 and bought a W34 of LVC 501 '47. You can see my fit on previous page pics (after one hot bath soak of 2 hours). So you probably will fit ok with a W32.

And what about sizing? If I have a 31 actual waist measurement, what size will shrink and stretch to fit well?

I have never been charged more than what the listed price is. I believe he marks down the price of the garment and then charges shipping. I bought an LVC shirt listed at $109. He then charged me $91 for the shirt and then $19 for the shipping. I ended up paying like $110.50 or something. So you could consider the $1.50 a shipping cost.

Actually looking back at the website, it appears he has taking the shipping out of the cost. So now it looks like everything is marked down about $20.

And the 47s appear to be listed at $150.42.

maybe it's just the VAT. You don't have to pay the VAT if you're outside Europe and that is 19% off from your price + shipping...

you don't have to pay for shipping if you are over a certain amount

nothing wrong with a machine wash. I threw my lvc 501 1937 in the washer and dryer twice already.

a machine-wash won't destroy your jeans.

no, but the dryer makes them very soft.

A machine wash is absolutely fine, but the only reason to use a dryer is if you want maximum shrinkage.

The dryer removes resins and accelerates the loss of indigo - according to Cone, the people who make it. It also gets rid of the clean-jean crispness, doesn't smell as nice as when jeans are left to dry on the line, and is incredibly wasteful of energy.