Levi's Vintage Clothing

Mmm, they sound great. Are they the ones with the quite narrow back pockets, Doctor?

I was examining the denim on my older 1901s the other day... I hadn't notied before but the weft is slightly ecru - Kurabo are a little bit sneaky, they use white thread on the selvage so you don't notice. But the ecru contributes to a very distinct, vintage look. I think they do the same on the 201 fabric, too.

Yes, the pockets on the 1917'sare slim, and asymetrical, although the front pockets are IMO a little shallow for me.

You're right about the 1901's, are they the dark DARK blue ones, early (643M on button reverse)?? If so, they have the same ecru weft as the 2005 1890's.

It looked to me to be a sample that was not intended for sale. I have seen some LVC samples that use the wrong stitching, rivets, buttons, etc. just for the purpose of testing their manufacturing processes.

I have never seen a thai fake jacket, and such an obscure model to be copying would strike me as unlikely.

Could be a thai fake factory sample(?) One of only three made!

Yeah me too. Funny though one of my favorite LVC don't have any arcuates. The 1911 333 are just KILLER.

I'm really liking the way the 1917 501s are breaking in. Only 3 more month to the first soak and they are looking incredible.

What year were the 1911's made? I went looking on Cultizm and didn't find them.

AF. I Agree, the denim on the 1917's is out of this world, and it's very different from anything else Lvc has produced - This denim has the same ' special feel ' about it that the 201's (555) have. Feels old somehow.

Got my eye on a pair of 201xx's from '98 - maybe wear them raw, as you suggested (turn my furniture blue!)

Am also REally looking forward to the 1915 c/c due out later this year.

Which 201s the 37 555s?

thanks for posting the pics airfrog, they look like theyre gonna be great.

what is the fit like compared to other early repros (specifically the 37 501)

also, where'd you find those suspenders? they look great.

I remember PaulT saying something about giving his '47's a "hard wash" got the best color (or colour out of respect to Pauls noble English heritage) out of them. Is a "hard wash" putting them through the hot cycle in a washing machine?

Quoting because I also want this question answered..

Thanks Dr_Heech, Busted Seam, rnrswitch for your info. BTW - The Levis store in Santa Barbara still has some LVC's mainly 47 washed for $80 - about 10 of them. Just a heads up.

which washed 47s?

air frog.. those are looking great!

I've been sporting the 33's for the past 2 months I guess... really starting to look good too. My 37's have changed over night and really, really look good... it's like the denim just turned or something. In a good way that is...

HH thanks they look a lot different now. That was after a few weeks. I haven't worn anything but these 17s for the past 3 months. 3 more to go before the first soak. Good to here your 37s and 33s are looking good.. My 33s are getting pretty ratty. You still drop in at the Club? I haven't been there since the election. How the good ole boys?

Mine are still raw, along with a load of other Lvc (1880's, 1929 201's,1933's and 1944's to name a few!)

who cares? if you've got some pictures lets see em.

unless you're busy...then I understand.

has anyone from the states ordered from Caliroots? If so, did they charge you VAT?

I am interested in those 333s, but on principle I don't want to pay 25% vat when I'm not a citizen of that country... : )

My favorite arcuate is the one thats on the 1886s from a few years back. Doc H I think you still have a raw pair, right?

I think I'm going to get a pair of the 1915s when Dejan has them.

Yeah, they're still raw with tags

005-2.jpg

Slightly prefer the 1880's Knappave cut with its higher rise. Although the irritatingly long buckle strap that Erk mentioned previously still prevails.

001-2.jpg

I hope Aero also gets the 1915's in. Almost finalised my M-422 Monarch too.

Looks like the 1886s have yellow thread and the 1880s have white?

Dr H you have a killer collection. What size are the 1886s?

The 1886's are a 36/36, but measure 38/35.5. The 1880's are a 34/34, but measure 36/34.

Yeah the 1886's have the paler yellow thread, similar to my 1927's. The 1880's have white thread, similar to the 'Oldest oldest' 1870's.

Hey Chuck you ordering a pair? I'm actually thinking about getting another pair.

No, I'm getting ready to call JC to order a Goodwear. His new HH got me. I've been going back and forth between an Aero HG5 and a Goodwear and I think I'm going to see if He's interested in making me a civilian A2 based on a Werber. I've been looking for a Hercules or other 50's period civilain A2 makers on the bay and the web and I figure I'll see if JC would be interested in doing something similar.

I'm trying to be responsible in these trying economic times so I'll be living vicariously through you guys until I get a new pair of LVC next winter.

Do you wear all your LVC or do you keep some as a collector?