Levi's Vintage Clothing

I think it would be cool to release vintage cuts with some crazy innovative denim. Start with the 47 in a tweed denim. I would crap my pants eight times for that shit.

I think it would be cool to release vintage cuts with some crazy innovative denim. Start with the 47 in a tweed denim. I would crap my pants eight times for that shit.

now thats more like it.

Let cone design some crazy cool denim and then have Levi's apply it to their classic 501

LevisxCone collab

super cool.

**I think that a collaboration between companies with so much history behind them to create a new product full of history and their own authenticity is a lot different then slapping an ed hardy image on a pair of pants.

Let's not confine it to trousers, how about a nice tweedy denim for a type II jacket?

I'd be all over that; love the Type II jacket and some fun denim would make a great piece.

Sorry, it may be an annoying question, but, what is the tweed denim from cone mills exactly?

I second this question. And I'll add another one: who is using the Cone Mills White Oak denim these days? I've heard a lot of great things about the denim they're producing at the White Oak factory, but have yet to handle it myself. Are there any companies out there that are using it for their jeans? Perhaps Ande Whall?

Self Edge makes shirts out of it. Stronghold uses it to make jeans.

hey is it a must to soak them before wearing any lvc? i have a raw 44 and 33 true to size, do i still need to soak them before i wear them?

you are going to want to soak *any* raw denim to get the shrinking done before you wear them, so if they are actually raw, then you should soak them at least once.

I second this question. And I'll add another one: who is using the Cone Mills White Oak denim these days? I've heard a lot of great things about the denim they're producing at the White Oak factory, but have yet to handle it myself. Are there any companies out there that are using it for their jeans? Perhaps Ande Whall?

Tweed denim was a special run of 600 yds of denim that was made in the white oak plant. It has tweed interwoven into the weft threads. All, except for some scraps, of the denim was sold to Left Field (a clothing manufacture). You can see pics of the denim on BIGs website. There is also a thread for Left Field on sufu. I took some detailed pics of the tweed denim jeans I own from left field.

BIG still has some of the jeans in stock.

but i have a lvc 47, i size up 2 on them and soak them when i first got it. now it already stretches back into the same size when i bought them... if i were to soak my true to size lvc, i have to soak them in cold water instead of hot? or just wear them when soaking?

but i have a lvc 47, i size up 2 on them and soak them when i first got it. now it already stretches back into the same size when i bought them... if i were to soak my true to size lvc, i have to soak them in cold water instead of hot? or just wear them when soaking?

i have no direct experience with LVC, but i am confused by your description of the stretching.

raw jeans will shrink *all over* when they are soaked (waist, inseam, thighs, ass, etc) but i have heard that for the most part, only the waist will have any significant stretching unless you seriously downsize them and wear them skin tight.

so, if you are talking about the waist stretching back out, you would still want to soak them before wearing so that the honeycombs and whiskers are in the right place. if you wait, then the inseam length will shorten and all the fades will be in the wrong places.

were you only talking about the waist? i think dealing with the waist stretching is sort of part of "the deal" as it were. get a belt.

any LVC experts want to chime in? bueller?

My LVCs are making me a little nervous. I had to soak them twice (first cold, then hot because they didn't shrink very much) and I'm wondering if it has inhibited the fading. I've been wearing them everyday (though not very hard) for almost three months and I haven't gotten much beyond creases/combs. They're still really dark though.

i just got a pair of lvc 1947 501 ... it was 80 bucks from UBIQ.

but they only had a size 28 and i am a true size 28. so do i just wear them in the tub with warm water to stop too much shrinkage? any tips?

Shake hands with your nuts, and wish them a fond farewell. Haha.

Seriously, they are going to be TIGHT - but if you are a size 28, you are probably okay with that. If you can get into them now, and you want to shrink them down, I'd definitely recommend the old school wear them in the bathtub and then keep them on until they're dry method.

The other alternative is to never wash them, but to have them dry cleaned instead.

My LVCs are making me a little nervous. I had to soak them twice (first cold, then hot because they didn't shrink very much) and I'm wondering if it has inhibited the fading. I've been wearing them everyday (though not very hard) for almost three months and I haven't gotten much beyond creases/combs. They're still really dark though.

which model is it? dont worry though, you should be fine. usually denim fades better after some soaks anyway. and no rush, good fades happen gradually.

on that note, i been wearing my lvc 47 on and off for 2ish years (bought in 2006) and i'm only beginning to see some real wear. is it just me or is this denim relatively colorfast?

but they only had a size 28 and i am a true size 28. so do i just wear them in the tub with warm water to stop too much shrinkage? any tips?

You'll be fine and your balls may only suffer moderate damage. I have a pair of '67 505 (which supposedly have a very similar top block to the '47 making these measure similar to a shrunken true-to-waist '47) that are two inches smaller than my waist. After a soak in the tub with these bad boys and a cold night in front of the TV followed by a hanger in the waistband, they turned out to be my favorite "skinny" jean. In fact, I'm starting to get a bit of saggy ass at this point (waist is still pretty tight and I'm reluctant to wash as I don't want to go through the hassle of stretching again). I'm assuming you've tried these pants on and they are the '09 '47 (non-Taylor Togs) that measure true-to-the-tagged-size and not undersized pre-'09s). If these are already downsized, and depending on how well endowed you are, it might be better to just list them on the Supermarket before you take the tags off and hope you can get your money back.

jeans don't just shrink in the waist significantly, the thighs are a major concern as well. gordon says the thighs are more important than the waist when dealing with unsanforized denim. makes sense, cause the waist fit is more adjustable than the thigh...

Ohh shit! They're broke.

I am not obsessed with fades and contrast but I do not mind “perfect sizing” i.e. without a belt and not too tight.

I find the whole LVC experience fascinating and confusing.

My 1947 F3 06 are not yet a year old and i have worn them for less than half the time.They are tagged 36W 36L. Actual measures were 35W 35L. I soaked them before wear. I have washed them three times, roughly every three months. Now they measure W35 L33. There are some whiskers, no honeycombs, some knee fading. It now feels a bit loose around the waist. but it’s perfect around the thighs, so I guess it a good compromise.

My Knappave 1880s waist overalls S1 08 are tagged 34W 36L. Actual measures were: W36 L35.5 I have soaked it in lukewarm water for a couple of hours (before weart) and cold washed it once after a month of continuous wear. The inseam has now shrunk to 34in. The waist is the same. By fastening the (useless?) cinch-back to the maximum and making a knot, I can reduce the waist to 17.5x2 = 35in. Yet it feels very loose and hangs on my hips where the measure is 37in. Apart from a little fade on the watch pocket there’s no fading and the denim still gives away colour. With gentle force can be pulled over without undoing the waist button

Does anyone know whether the waist will shrink if washed, let’s say at 40degree? does anyone suggest a higher temperature.

When I bought the Knappave I also tried the “oldest oldest” tagged 34W L36 and the waist was at least an inch wider than the Knappave.

Why it is so difficult to apply the right tag to the right jeans?

i just got a pair of lvc 1947 501 ... it was 80 bucks from UBIQ.

here is my tip.

I went true to size on my first ones by mistake. they fit OK but they're a little tight in the thighs so follow this:

NEVER machine wash

NEVER hot wash

NEVER dry

always wash in the coldest water that will come out of your tap. You can do the sit in the bath tub thing with luke water, that should be alright, and will knock out some shrinkage in the length.

@ blacap - 44s are true to size - according to paul T they are 3 inches oversized, so you probably could have gone a size down.

1933s are 1 inch oversized - you'll be ok for sure. these are wide enough that it wont matter.

37s are .5" oversized

the only jeans that are true to size are the 1947 (thats new development for this year) the 1954 501z, and the 1966 501. the least oversize is the 37 at .5"

check out this thread :http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=34010

jake and tahong - I would sooooo love to have a type II in tweed denim. not even that. just a regular one. they always get so expensive on ebay.

Anybody who has the lot 213 jacket: What is the shrinkage like on those? I got one off of ebay some time ago for really cheap and the arms are just a bit too long, but the chest cannot get too much shrinkage if I plan on buttoning it up. Does this denim (normal 201 denim I believe) shrink the normal 10%?