Levi's Vintage Clothing

besides Blackbird online (they don't have my size), has anyone seen a source for the chinos???

Unionmade has the chinos. They look really good. Great color. Didn't try them on, as I bought something else from the new season, so no more $$ and didn't want to whine pathetically when I had to deny myself.

They are the model with the front button under a belt strap.

http://www.unionmadegoods.com/

Unionmade has the chinos. They look really good. Great color. Didn't try them on, as I bought something else from the new season, so no more $$ and didn't want to whine pathetically when I had to deny myself.

They are the model with the front button under a belt strap.

http://www.unionmadegoods.com/

the chinos look pretty cool. I'd be interested if they weren't predistressed.

Does that only apply to the 55's?

Thanks.

no usa levis come in 30x36 unless theyre a special edition

Hey guys! I thought I'd post up some fit pics of my first LVC's :) It's the 37 model. I went TTS (30), and have not soaked them yet. Lots of room in waist (& hopefully length ) for shrinking...

After years of slimmer, lower-rise jeans, I have to admit these feel strange... I hope the hip flares & baggy ass will settle a bit after soaking. What do you think? Maybe I'm just feeling weird about them because it's my first looser cut :o

LVC37front.jpg

LVC37side.jpg

LVC37back.jpg

Need to get one of those "pods" that Markus uses... Damn camera kept falling off the sofa....

The pre-'47 cuts are definitely fuller and will be that way throughout, but the pronounced "flaring" about the hips and butt will settle once the denim has been soaked a few times and softened with wear.

Hey guys! I thought I'd post up some fit pics of my first LVC's :) It's the 37 model. I went TTS (30), and have not soaked them yet. Lots of room in waist (& hopefully length ) for shrinking...

After years of slimmer, lower-rise jeans, I have to admit these feel strange... I hope the hip flares & baggy ass will settle a bit after soaking. What do you think? Maybe I'm just feeling weird about them because it's my first looser cut :o

LVC37front.jpg

LVC37side.jpg

LVC37back.jpg

Need to get one of those "pods" that Markus uses... Damn camera kept falling off the sofa....

those are gonna be great. be careful of the inseam shrinkage on the 37s.

Thanks guys! :)

Roy6, you got me thinking... Never wore to dry before... Freezing temps outside won't work... Now to figure out how to wear them inside without leaving blue stains on everything! I guess I could warm soak, blot with a towel & hope for the best!

Very cool fit there riff, they have better fit than my(TTS waist) '37 555 versions did. Mine flared out much more from waist than yours and looked/felt pretty crappy, but mine were an inch longer than I usaully get so that didn't help. Since yours fit and look so good, I'd wear the hell out of em raw b'fore washiong,but thats just me BTW, mine shrank 1/2 in waist after wrm soak and now fit perfect. Denim was 12-12.5 oz. raw is toughest denim I've ever seen and takes one helluva beating w'out giving in. Super jeans them '37's are thanks for pics...keep us posted on progress.

Roy6, you got me thinking... Never wore to dry before... Freezing temps outside won't work... Now to figure out how to wear them inside without leaving blue stains on everything! I guess I could warm soak, blot with a towel & hope for the best!

I've spun dry for a few minutes in the washing machine after soaking, then sat on a towel inside. But maybe you don't have easy access to a machine.

rolling them up like sushi in some towels works really well...then you just gotta hang out with a towel like entertainment said.

Unionmade has the chinos. They look really good. Great color. [/url]

I got to see the Chinos yesterday at Union Made and I agree - they do look really good. About an hour after I got home I started kicking myself in the leg for not having gotten a pair, think they would be killer for summer.

Chinos look good but I'm a little worried they'll be too full cut; anyone who can provide a comparison between them and a different LVC model?

Didn't get a chance to try them on, although I did notice that the bottom hem looked like they had a tapered leg - but it might just have been that they were rolled at cuffed, but it was one of the first things I noticed about them.

I also got to see the pre-distressed 1933 model roy6 mentioned, they are the type of distressed with sewn on pieces of fabric and square stitching patterns in different parts of the legs. They were retailing for $450.

There was also one pair of 1880 or 1890 sorry I didn't write it down "nevada" pre-distressed jean that was $595 retail. As with the 1933 distressing same square cut pieces of fabric etc. The watch pocket was not selvage - but I don't know whether on the Nevada it should be. The one other thing that stuck out to me was the bottom hem on them looked different, much wider between the stitching and the bottom of the leg than I like on jeans. This sounds picky - but $595 is $595.

Apparently the owner of the Union Made store is very good friends with someone who designs for LVC or now XX so hopefully this store will continue to get in more good stuff. They also had 3 or 4 vintage Levi's jackets, one of them selling for $1,150 and then a small but varied selection of shirts, jackets, and the white t-shirts. Having never seen the stuff in real life I was pretty stoked to see it.

I've spun dry for a few minutes in the washing machine after soaking, then sat on a towel inside. But maybe you don't have easy access to a machine.

With a child, 2 puppies, a paper-shredding gerbil, and all, we'd be up shit creek without a washing machine lol! I've just been leery of leaving jeans in the spin cycle as I pretty much ruined a nice pair of sugar canes a few years ago.

Erk, I will try the "sushi" method - probably later this week, when I'll have the luxury of staying inside for a while!

With a child, 2 puppies, a paper-shredding gerbil, and all, we'd be up shit creek without a washing machine lol! I've just been leery of leaving jeans in the spin cycle as I pretty much ruined a nice pair of sugar canes a few years ago.

Erk, I will try the "sushi" method - probably later this week, when I'll have the luxury of staying inside for a while!

I've used the spin cycle a bunch of times without a problem in a top loader. I just carefully arrange the jeans around the outside of the drum and spin for a a minute or two until they stop dripping. Definitely not for the full spin cycle.

But Erk's sushi method sounds like a great idea. Never thought of that.

yeah the sushi method works really well. especially for lighter jeans.

when I washed my 1915s, I used the sushi method and put em up on a drying rack with a fan and they were dry in an hour and a half.

it does make your towel pretty wet, and make sure you dont use a light colored towel.

There was also one pair of 1880 or 1890 sorry I didn't write it down "nevada" pre-distressed jean that was $595 retail. As with the 1933 distressing same square cut pieces of fabric etc.

I saw this too, it looked lovely. I'd admit to being reluctant to shell out on it, even if I had $590, as I think it's made in Turkey; but the fabric and finish are excellent and it somehow looks just right. Maybe not quite up to the level of the original Nevada and Indigo Immortal, but close.

has anyone seen any of the new Cone mills versions of the early models? 1880s-1915.

any impressions?

paul, I know that you saw all the new stuff at cinch, but I wasn't sure if they've made the switch to cone yet.

Didn't have the chance to quiz them properly, won't till mid March but I got the real impression present range is as before and Cone haven't ramped up the early fanric as yet. But that's a sort of guess. I might've said this before, but next to each other, the Cone 1915 looked way more interesting than the Kurabo. Just hope the next production run has the proper shaped pockets etc.

I've just been leery of leaving jeans in the spin cycle as I pretty much ruined a nice pair of sugar canes a few years ago.

Hm. I always throw my jeans in the washing machine for all the cycles. Never had a problem with whatever jeans- Warehouse, PBJ, LVC, Fullcount. Wash 'em inside out.

Also, the washer agitates the crap out of the denim, giving more shrinkage than a soak in my experience. The denim has to get WET, and agitation helps the fabric get fully saturated.