Levi's Vintage Clothing

Aero are getting S/S 09 stock in mid Feb , really looking forward to the 1954 501zxx . It will be interesting to aee if they are same as the 55 or a mix of 47/55 cut . HJJs' blog suggest a more straighter than tapered cut and like the 55 they appear dark indigo .... cant wait !!!

With Paul on wearing a fuller cut . Wearing my 551zxx again , though the lower leg tapers they are still a loosiish cut around the thigh - really great 50/e60s cut .

Heres my latest LVC

1937 501xx

I've been wearing them off and on since january. They havent seen a lot of action yet cause I'm still trying to finish off two pairs of 47s and a new pair of samurais (which are fading so fast it seems like cheating)

since there arent very many fit pictures of the 37s...

Photo181copy.jpg

Photo182copy.jpg

I'll do more pictures of my meager lvc collection once i get my camera back. but these will do for now.

Details : these are tagged 34x36 - they now measure 35. my natural waist where i wear my jeans is 35, so i've sized down on these. Even in sizing down they are very very comfy and are very wide leg.

It's amazing. Those are like my '55's which aren't tight but look great also. They look like real jeans. Why don't modern Levi's? The fit, the fabric, both?

I second that, they look terrific,

THe 55 is now becoming my favourite cut, I like the 47 but the denim on my last pair hasn't faded as nicely as the 55.

But why is it that my 47s, which have a long inseam, have shrunk 1 to 1 1/2 inches after their first wash, and the 55, which I bought in a shorter leg length, have shrunk a full two inches? SO I will definitely be rocking that fifties Mickey Spillane highwater look...

ejust found this japanese site , its a vintage shop and the stuff the guy has is amazing.

if on clicks on denim there is a deastock levis from the 20s and one from 1936 amazing stuff, but the prizes are crazy too, hahaha. intersting he has a levis from 1936 with suspender button but no rivettes on the back pockets! really cool stuff

so check it out

http://www.marvins-jp.com/

the rest of the site is great too though

right, the deadstock 50s lee is amzing too, really great stuff.

but he has specially a lot of levis.

yes prizes are high, but some of the other stuff seems to be affortable, like jackets and shirts etc.

So I managed to wear my sam 710s for 6 months with no wash and decided to go for a baggier look. I just got some 1947s and sized up enough to sag. Is there anyway to soak and retain the inseam length? Or how about wearing them raw if they are baggy on me and probably wont fade much anyway?

ejust found this japanese site , its a vintage shop and the stuff the guy has is amazing.

if on clicks on denim there is a deastock levis from the 20s and one from 1936 amazing stuff, but the prizes are crazy too, hahaha. intersting he has a levis from 1936 with suspender button but no rivettes on the back pockets! really cool stuff

so check it out

http://www.marvins-jp.com/

the rest of the site is great too though

Great find fardin! Some wonderful examples of fading and back pocket stitching. Also Interesting to note the 1947 cut - def not slim!

sayocean -

6 months wear on the 606's, without washing besides the initial soak?

How's the cut/fit, as compared to the '47 501? I mean, I've seen pictures of both cuts, but how do you like the fit? "Super Slim" makes me nervous...

Damn, those do look good. Hoping my 646's get like that someday.

if anybody has '55 or '66 raws or washed sz. 32 let me know please, interested in purchasing..

It's true about the LVC being pulled from most Levi's stores. All they have is the eco line now, fucking bummed. South Beach one got pulled and they had awesome clearance sales on past season LVC's since nobody picked em up.. I had a feeling I was only one of the local few who actually purchased it. oh well.

Also went to the NY store in Dec. (time square / union square), both gone too.