A.P.C.

jeepster

Thanks.

I've them for 8 months now. In terms of wearing them out like 4-5 months. All I did over summer is sit around the house and now I bike with them everyday. I washed it for the first time like 3 weeks ago.

DSC_0348.jpg

I regret not going commando when I washed it cause now I have weird fades on the thighs from what I was wearing underneath.

Oh and sizing...I measured my waist as 27 so I bought a 25 and now it sits on my hips and measures like 29-30.

What is the area around wear you wear your jeans measure? if mines 32 inches then i Should get 26?

My New Cures were tearing in the crotch, so I took a chance and sent them out to Denim Therapy.

imgp2270.jpg

Cost $11 to ship there, $63 to repair (including reinforcement), $12 shipping back to me.

IMGP0022.jpg

IMGP0021.jpg

A bit expensive, but its excellent quality.

^^ Really nice fit and fade...how do get so many honeycombs on the knee? I only have like 3 or 4 line of honeycombs at my knee..

I'm not really sure. I think it occurs more the tighter the pants are. My NS don't have as many. I just wear it and whatever happens happens.

What is the area around wear you wear your jeans measure? if mines 32 inches then i Should get 26?

So my hips? Like 28-29. I still have a little room in my pants. It isn't completely tight. I think 26 might push it. How about 27 or 28? Best thing to do is just try it on. 25 on my 27in waist (not hips) is tight enough that at first I have a hard time buttoning the top button, but it still closes.

How long have you had them? Denim Therapy is in LA right?

No, this one is in NYC.

I think "denim doctors" is what you are thinking of (and honestly, what I was thinking of when I first found denim therapy)... it's part of Hollywood Trading Company.

I was sceptical about this Denim Therapy place, and I think the cost (especially for APC's) was pretty high... but the quality of the repair seems quite good, and the colour matching is very good as well.

Overall, I'd say that it was worth it. Took too long... but oh well.

edit:

I've had them since Feb of 09, but I stopped wearing them regularly in august/september due to the crotch. I didn't want for them to blow out terribly. I had a pair of nudies do that, and it's pretty severe... so I just got a pair of PS instead, and finally I've got them repaired and back into rotation.

I have been wearing these Hipsters on and off for about three or four years now. (BTW - when I bought these, the hipsters were unisex and lower rise versions of the rescues I believe).

I used to wear them all the time, but I haven't gotten them out in quite a while. They have had about four washes and an initial sea-wash. They are due for a wash right now. (dirty from skating and what-not).

robs_hipsters_front.jpg

robs_hipsters_back1.jpg

robs_hipsters_buttons1.jpg

hey

I read somewhere that all raw jeans needed to be presoaked, but I also saw someone with APCs saying they wouldn't let water touch their jeans for 6 months. Which way is the right way to go? I'm planning on buying PS's if it matters.

also I'm probably going to get them hemmed because I'm short. Is it safe to do it right away?

hey

I read somewhere that all raw jeans needed to be presoaked, but I also saw someone with APCs saying they wouldn't let water touch their jeans for 6 months. Which way is the right way to go? I'm planning on buying PS's if it matters.

also I'm probably going to get them hemmed because I'm short. Is it safe to do it right away?

Only unsanforized jeans. APC's are sanforized, soaking is pointless- it will remove a bit of indigo and starch and thats about it.

Waso, I think that is a very unsure topic, before i got my NS hemmed i tried to find the answer but i couldnt. people told me they would shrink and others said they wouldnt

The right answer is YES they will shrink... but not alot..... around 0.5inches to 1inch max (to some ppl, they consider that as no shrinkage)... whereas for unsanf denim the shrinkage would be around 2-3 inches....

You'll find that the largest proportion of ppl wearing APCs are over on Hypebeast...It's RAW, It's selvage, and it's french... and most ppl dont soak b4 wearing.. however, here is the catch.... if you want them to last longer.... soak them and remove the starch and add comfort. If you are a hypebeast trying to justify your jeans are raw... then wear then"straight from the sewing machine".... your choice... there is no right or wrong....

They've always been sanforized. Unsanforized (shrink-to-fit) denim is a niche market mostly limited to repros.

with the tiny bits of information i know, i just assumed all sanforized denim would feel like dior. and if the denim manufacturers don't specifically state sanforized they aren't.

with the tiny bits of information i know, i just assumed all sanforized denim would feel like dior. and if the denim manufacturers don't specifically state sanforized they aren't.

with the tiny bits of information that you know you shouldn't be making assumptions that you aren't sure of.

this thread is full of as much bullshit as it is good information.

with the tiny bits of information that you know you shouldn't be making assumptions that you aren't sure of.

this thread is full of as much bullshit as it is good information.

to be frank it was my own private assumption which i didn't go showboating around the forum. i did humbly say i don't know much and it was in a way pointing out i was learning something from him. so before you go on flaming noobs because you're so damn knowledgeable kindly take a step back and consider that not everyone knows as much as you.