A.P.C.

jeepster

My apologies in advance for asking a question that has probably been asked a hundred times; How much will NS stretch out in the waist? I just measured a freshly washed pair of levi's that fit me perfectly in the waist (34inch). Should I get 29's (original waist of 31inch according to contexts charts) or a 30 (original 32inch waist)?

I'm just a little confused as to whether I should size down according to measurement or 'Jean size'

The levi's mentioned above are tagged a 31, and the waist is 34inch according to my measuring tape.

I have bigger legs in general thanks to soccer, so I think sizing down 2 will be best; 29 or 32?

Sorry, Sorry, Sorry

I'm just a little confused as to whether I should size down according to measurement or 'Jean size'

The levi's mentioned above are tagged a 31, and the waist is 34inch according to my measuring tape.

I have bigger legs in general thanks to soccer, so I think sizing down 2 will be best; 29 or 32?

Sorry, Sorry, Sorry

best thing to do is just try them on, but if you can't, they usually say to size down two.

SO if you wear 31 levis, get a 29 APC.

to answer your question, size down according to 'jean size'. very few tagged 31 will actually measure 31. when they say size down 2 for apc, it means that apc tagged sizes run 2 sizes larger than MOST or A LOT of other tagged sizes. there are, of course, other exceptions.

if you can't find the answer in the thread, people generally appreciate it if you direct questions like this to the stickied small questions thread. just sayin. hope this helped

Quick question, I wanted to make sure before I buy one. If I wear a size 28 in Dior Mij 19cm, would I get an apc in 26? Which would be good Ns or Petite?

stitch77 stitch77 stitch77 stitch77 stitch77 stitch77 stitch77 stitch77 stitch77

default APC NS Sizing

Howdy,

Size down on your measurements with a measuring tape - you need to measure your actual waist where you would wear the jeans. I wear Levis size 31 (well I did, it's been ages since I wore them), my waist measures 33 inches and I have size 29 New Standards. Whilst they have now stretched out OK I probably could have gone to a size 30 for a slightly more relaxed fit. Depends on how big your thighs are though and what type of fit you're going for. Good luck.

^I just got this as a PM. Holy fuck, I'm getting 2 totally different answers.

some new cures looking excellent on the past couple of pages, they do only work with stick thin legs though IMO.. i went from tru waist 30 to 26 and then got them tapered.. accross the calf its 6 inches because the tailor fucked up :) they are stretching out now though and really coming good.

more like everything is huge now. baggy ass fit

No, I'd say that he sized correctly for his body type. You'd rather someone with legs like that be crammed into a New Cure? Loose fits look better for wider (no offense) people.

^^ About 3-4 weeks. As I said before, 27" thighs. They were very tight when I first put em on. I tried on a 32 last summer n I could barely get them on, and I have added about 10 lbs since then so I highly doubt I could fit into them at this point, so I went with 33.

The fit is pretty baggy, I'd prefer a bit more taper below the knee, probly shoulda went with Petite Standard - the thighs are bigger n there is more taper below the knee.

^^ About 3-4 weeks. As I said before, 27" thighs. They were very tight when I first put em on. I tried on a 32 last summer n I could barely get them on, and I have added about 10 lbs since then so I highly doubt I could fit into them at this point, so I went with 33.

The fit is pretty baggy, I'd prefer a bit more taper below the knee, probly shoulda went with Petite Standard - the thighs are bigger n there is more taper below the knee.

Im heading to the apc store to try on some size 29 ps and 29 ns (they are out of 28s). i hope they fit better than my size 30 nc.

What do the 28's look like? Keep in mind those are going to end up between 16"-17" in the waist.

Honestly, the 28s were the tightest things my nuts have ever experienced. I couldn't even button the first button. So i can either stay with size 29 or get size 30, which will have more room for my thighs.

actually though, my 30 ncs are fitting a little looser since i bought them. i might just stick with em afterall.

I have a 34inch waist..what size NS should i shoot for to ensure a good fit?

to ensure a good fit you need to consider your thigh size as well. but generally i've been reading that most people size 3 down. you'd get a 31 in that case.