horsehide footwear contest thread

mikecch

@baldy_ which half sole is it on? composite, commando mini lug, or 269? 'got the brown TC SD HH on composite. went for the 1/4 lowering on 90 deg block heels__ 'figure if that don't work out i can always do a slight taper/slant later.

fabulous build, btw.

Edited by BrownMetallic

just a regular toe cap w/a twist__ Brown Bison on caps + backstays to add a bit of texture.... well, that was supposedly the masterplan :).

Kyle from Baker's said White's is considering, since currently they're only taking orders for a full HH build. but, no absolute certainty if they'll go ahead. i suppose i'll know when they're good & done.

Edited by BrownMetallic

took out my pair for the day out; my first and only pair of cordovan boots; really appreciate how easy to clean cordovan is; just wipe well with a brush after wear and all the little scuffs and scratches disappear.

preparing a package to Norway, byebye Alfred Sargents

6695040603_fe30b0df55.jpg

P1050496 by SLAB13, on Flickr

ready to leave

6695041253_7c73208052.jpg

P1050497 by SLAB13, on Flickr

photo-14.jpg

tickers's stow boot in horse hide (shell cordovan?) leather and combat soles. not a fan of the color much. wish it had a natural colors welt but fro 200$ brand new i'm not complaining too much. shitty pic

mikecch : re dying, what colors are possible? can i get the natural color to the welt agian? is dark green or navy possible? more info pls

mikecch : re dying, what colors are possible? can i get the natural color to the welt agian? is dark green or navy possible? more info pls

Hey, you'll need to give me your details via PM before entering the contest. Need a clear pic of the footwear in as-new condition for the purposes of judging :)

You certainly can get the sides of the sole unit back to "natural" - a bit of sandpaper, stripper and wax will do the trick.

Not sure about the welt strip or the stitched surface though...seems like far too delicate/complicated work to do at home.

I'm not sure about dyeing shell cordovan either, never tried it before... though going from brown to dark green or dark blue would be very difficult I would imagine - always easier to go from a lighter colour to a darker one.

Happy New Year!

Day 1 Buco x Denime 66 ready to rock.

Hopefully I'll do something interesting this year worth posting.

How are your Buco's? Curious to see. So tempted in buying a pair.

I finally received my second pair, so here they are ready to go.

d69e46d9.jpg

The black WT boots were worn briefly inside to make sure they fit. Otherwise, the are both brand spankin' new.

^ Spot on :)

Just make sure to send me your username & footwear details so I can officially add you to the contest, and for proper judging we'll need a clear photo of any footwear in an as new condition.