Pure Blue Japan

midnight

they were 225USD before the restock.

what i dont get is that they up the price for ALL the denim not just the new restock.

There were quiet a few pairs of pbj's (all types of cuts) still in stock before the Restock for $225 dont know why they cant have a small deal with those since ppl could of bought them for that price anyway

not to sound cheap but seems sketchy...

w/e guess they have to make there $$:rolleyes:

^ the fuck? its not like the new restock has some new design/feature that warranted the price increase, its still the same denim right? why would the older ones be kept to be sold for a cheaper price? As far as i'm aware these increases have been happening across the board for most of their stuff in part thanks to the weakening US dollar...

also $30 really shouldnt be a deal breaker for you considering how your already buying $200+ jeans. what exactly was sketchy about it anyway?

@bestie

005's should be pretty damn similar to the 3001's maybe slightly

more fitted at the knee/hem... I don't own the PBJ's but if I were to buy them, I'd get the same size

i appreciate the input, but your answer is still a little unclear. i think you're saying the 3001s are more fitted??

continuing with my comparison with 3001s to the pbj 005/007 cut...

you just said you would get the same size across the board. at the same size, the flatheads seem to be definitely smaller in the measurements, do the flat heads shink very little? or do pbj shrink a great deal?:confused:

same conversation was going on a bit ago on the Samurai threak. this is potentially going to happen with most if not all of their Japanese stocked items. from what i read and know, with Samurai at least, they were barely breaking even / making a very small profit selling Sams to the US public. This speaks volumes about how much they care about their clientele, and also about their relationship with Samurai. having said that, with the cost of customs, international bulk shipping via fed-ex or whatever (they're not proxying 1 or 2 pairs of "gift" jeans) added on to the wholesale cost of the jeans coming out of Japan, they would most likely , all things considered, be breaking bare even with what a Japanese pair would cost you at say, Hinoya. most likely with the added shipping / customs charges they would be more than the USD equivalent of a Japanese bought pair...this isn't even taking into account their NEED to make profit on their product to pay Gordon, his associates, and overhead from the store and online buisness.

having bought my PBJ's (007's) in japan, and doing the math from what I paid (22,500yen) that is about $250 USD. now. even with that one pair, if I had shipped them, add customs cost to the ticket price, and international shipping and you're looking at a $300 pair of jeans easily (BiG charges $279USD now). so, I think the new price makes sense. it sucks, but it makes sense from a business standpoint. We wouldn't want BiG to go under now would we???

I dunno if any of this really carries weight, just what i was thinking when looking into this issue. :)

same conversation was going on a bit ago on the Samurai threak. this is potentially going to happen with most if not all of their Japanese stocked items. from what i read and know, with Samurai at least, they were barely breaking even / making a very small profit selling Sams to the US public. This speaks volumes about how much they care about their clientele, and also about their relationship with Samurai. having said that, with the cost of customs, international bulk shipping via fed-ex or whatever (they're not proxying 1 or 2 pairs of "gift" jeans) added on to the wholesale cost of the jeans coming out of Japan, they would most likely , all things considered, be breaking bare even with what a Japanese pair would cost you at say, Hinoya. most likely with the added shipping / customs charges they would be more than the USD equivalent of a Japanese bought pair...this isn't even taking into account their NEED to make profit on their product to pay Gordon, his associates, and overhead from the store and online buisness.

having bought my PBJ's (007's) in japan, and doing the math from what I paid (22,500yen) that is about $250 USD. now. even with that one pair, if I had shipped them, add customs cost to the ticket price, and international shipping and you're looking at a $300 pair of jeans easily (BiG charges $279USD now). so, I think the new price makes sense. it sucks, but it makes sense from a business standpoint. We wouldn't want BiG to go under now would we???

I dunno if any of this really carries weight, just what i was thinking when looking into this issue. :)

well it is true that while BiG has increased their price by approx 30USD which is kinda a lot to small consumers like me, truth is that i would still shop with them because

1)their service has been excellent so far, replying my emails to them on saturday and sending out my jeans on a sunday, which is rare for any company whether small or large sized ones. i like their service and it has been one of the best online shopping experiences i have ever received

2)right here where i come from, in singapore, it is fairly difficult to lay our hands on japanese denim. the only stores that carry them have got really limited sizes and cuts. we've got FHs, skulls (soon), edwins, minimal sizes and cuttings of fullcount/denime/omnigod and that's probably about it. coupled with the nudie, cheap mondays, julian red, dr denim, naked and famous, i wouldn't say we have a lot to choose from. BiG has provided me with the opportunity to lay my hands on something i would have had trouble getting through proxies.

well, having read what you have wrote about sams, it certainly made me think again but being able to price a pair of sams on average at 26 000Â¥ (289USD), it would be safe that they would already be making a profit even if they were to sell it way below the price listed on their website to online retailers like BiG and whatnot.

if you think about the cost of a pair of jeans, including labour costs, freight, it would be safe to say that they will already be making a profit probably 100USD off each pair they sell. that said, it would be safe to say that online retailers probably make around 30% of the MSRP(Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price). that's the reason why they're able to stay afloat (and the company that makes the denim as well).

having said all that, i don't see anything wrong with pricing things the way they are, or even increasing the cost by 30USD. i would still buy from them if i felt that the value of the jeans meets up to my "want factor" which matches up to my dollar i have in my wallet.

awesome thanks....If I wear a size 32 in Skull 5010xx, should I get the same size in the xx-013 for a similar fit?

i have a pair of 5010xx 6x6 one wash in a size 30 but i got the XX-013 in a 29. they fit and i can still button them up but i'm guessing it will shrink quite a bit on a cold soak. if 32 on your skulls are tight for you, get the XX-013s in the same size. they'll work out.

Hey, even my grass-fed, non-homogenized, organic milk, went up 35cents; and the cows live down the street from me???

APCs went up 10dollars across the board!!! Thank God I just got out of my Japanese denim phaze. Buy American! But with RRL x Blends at 450smackaroos, I'm not sure that's a good thing. I just saw No Branded selvage denim at Urban Outfitters for like 79bucks, if anyone's interested.

PBJ XX-007 - worn pretty much every monday-friday for a little over a year now. Bought them one-wash and they've been through one hand wash and two machine washes. They've held up really well. The only wear spot is a small hole on the left back pocket from cell phone. Going to wash these shortly and give them a break so I can work on some 5EPs I've been sitting on.

531mpx.jpg

2r7oo6s.jpg

nybsw7.jpg

2v1nksz.jpg

Ok, here are some fit pics on my PBJ xx-007s in size 28 and a few of some APC NS sz. 26 to compare. Also, sorry about the shitty lighting and size, first time using photobucket and not imgshack.

upper thigh measures 10.75, spot on with the BiG chart.

PBJ:

IMG_0294.jpg

IMG_0296.jpg

IMG_0297.jpg

apc:

IMG_0298-1.jpg

IMG_0299.jpg

Those 007s look really Kool on you man!!! Do you mind me asking your stats( true waist, calves, and so on)? I got the 005bk in size 29 and wasn't happy with the fit. I think the 007s might be my Spring pair.

i agree its just his pose, judging from how good the first pic seems

i'm sorry if i'm a complete moron, but vincent you said your sz 28s measure 10.75, but this measurement is in accordance to the 005s and NOT the 007s. 007s in your size measure 11.25 in the upper thigh.

i thought it was the exact same cut? is the 007 roomier in the thigh or is this some sort of mix up?

bestie, I picked up the onewash 007 witch BiG says has a 10.75 upper thigh, i do see that the raw one is listed as saying 11.25 though -- perhaps this is because the 007 will eventually stretch out to that? I'm not sure.

As for looking like a girl, I think it's a bit of the pose and the jeans to be honest. I've pulled them down a bit and it seems to help, I'm hoping once they stretch out a bit they'll look like a good skinny jean not a pair for an emo kid in his sisters premium.