Pure Blue Japan

midnight

does anyone own both APC new cure and PBJ 011/013? If so, can you give me any info on fit differences? I know the PBJ cuts are more tapered below the knee, but i'm wondering how they compare in the upper block.

the top block fit is similar with a bit more room in the leg on the pbj.. went for a 32 in new cure and 32 in xx-013.

the top block fit is similar with a bit more room in the leg on the pbj.. went for a 32 in new cure and 32 in xx-013.

Thanks! Great news, as I could use the extra inseam length (6'3") and room above the knee. I have the 33 in new cure, so probably will go 33 in the one wash xx-013. Wish I could compare xx-011 and xx-013 in person though.

update on 007's. purchased in June 2011. starting wearing 4-5 days week since October. 1 initial soak and a wash today.

IMG_6219.jpg

IMG_6235.jpg

IMG_6220.jpg

IMG_6248.jpg

IMG_6242.jpg

what's interesting is how the fading looks with the jeans turned inside out. i'll shoot that next update.

Edited by tvshooter

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know any info about the xx005 blue tab. thanksss

blue tab was before the levi's lawsuit ~2007. the ones sold outside the US should still have tabs

speaking of which: 005's, 8 months or so of wear with a few washes

IMG_0081.JPG

IMG_0082.JPG

IMG_0083.JPG

Edited by pepperdanky

Wow, those look great seanpsk!!!

Thanks!!

you actually wore those throughout the summer months??

I'm based in Singapore and its like summer all year round! I don't even know how I managed to endure...

that right leg twist is nuts!

Now that you said, I just realized!

For those that have bought raw XX denim, does it shrink to anywhere near the one-wash dimensions when doing gentle soaks/washes and hang drying? For the 34 for example, 2.5" in the waist and .75" in the rise seems like a shitload!

guys i hv a question.. im pretty much new to denim world.. i want to buy myself new jeans n im thinking of getting pbj xx-011

question is i dont know my size.. i tried pbjxx10 size 30.. its tight.. not skin tight but its pretty tight.. im afraid if i soak it for the 1st time, that jeans wont fit..

i also tried pbjxx05 size 31.. kinda loose.. maybe it'll fit nice after i soak it once..

problem is the store dont have xx-011..

so what do u guys think? should i go for size 30 or 31?

sorry for my grammar since english is not my 1st language

thx

Hi Jehuti, I have the XX-011 and though I got mine as a one-wash straight from PBJ, it seems like only the waist stretched out. The main thing to be careful about is the thigh; the waist seems too loose for each size, IMO. I'd suggest that you focus on the thigh measurement over the belt. Use BiG's one-wash chart as a general guide.

The XX-011 has different denim that the 05 or 009, so it probably stretches differently.

Edited by Cold Summer

Hi Jehuti, I have the XX-011 and though I got mine as a one-wash straight from PBJ, it seems like only the waist stretched out. The main thing to be careful about is the thigh; the waist seems too loose for each size, IMO. I'd suggest that you focus on the thigh measurement over the belt. Use BiG's one-wash chart as a general guide.

The XX-011 has different denim that the 05 or 009, so it probably stretches differently.

man this helps alot! so i compared BiGs one wash chart size 31 with my nudie that im using right now.. its almost identical.. so im thinking of getting size 31 raw.. coz i want slightly looser fit compared to my nudie

eniwei thx again man :D

jehuti, your store didn't have washed and raw versions?

nope :(

only xx010 & xx05

I tried on my XX-011s today for the first time in a while and man, I'm so upset. The (lower) thighs on these jeans hurt. It's frustrating because I adore the denim and awesome construction on these jeans, they're just too tight. I wish there was some way to make the lower thigh looser (or have a looser-fitting pair of jeans with this same denim.) PBJ could really stand to adjust the fit on these.