supertalk6

Original Soles. More flexible and comfy. 

I never tried the new version, but the deeper lugs would probably help in wet grass/mud; old school sux in those conditions, but then it was a boot for Middle East operators.

There’s a few tactical sites that sell SFB’s, they might not ship outside the USA.

while on the subject of tech boots, these are an amazing alternative to sfb (and now the most comfortable shoe i own):

http://www.hokaoneone.com/best-sellers/tor-ultra-hi-wp/1008334.html?dwvar_1008334_color=BFLM#start=1&cgid=men-hiking

i had a pair of sfb's while i was in the military (still love them tho), and these put them to shame (although price point is unfortunately higher, but worth it imo).

Edited by v1984

Original Soles. More flexible and comfy. 

I never tried the new version, but the deeper lugs would probably help in wet grass/mud; old school sux in those conditions, but then it was a boot for Middle East operators.

There’s a few tactical sites that sell SFB’s, they might not ship outside the USA.

thanks. looks like i might have to find a way to try them on to be sure. personally prefer the way the laces are looped in the new ones.

Second the Hoka's. I racked my ankle last Thanksgiving and wanted more cushioned boot so I bought a pair of Summit Mids.

Best boot ever. Plus the sole is more appropriately shod for cold wet conditions.

goodlooking design. love the das boot lapels.

if outlier is going to roll in the big boy price range they better make sure their construction is up to snuff. 

Hey guys, long-time lurker here. Like many of you I am super particular about t-shirts, particularly when it comes to hand-feel, and wanted to see what brands people are grabbing base layers from. I was getting mine from Nemen, but they've started using more branding, which is a deal-breaker. Ideally I would like something that is 100% mercerized cotton, like the Acronym s10-c. I just took a gamble on a John Elliot washed tee that looks like it might be alright, but I'm not a huge fan of the spilt hem - I can post some thoughts on it when it comes in. Any thoughts or recs would be apprciated.

Hey guys, long-time lurker here. Like many of you I am super particular about t-shirts, particularly when it comes to hand-feel, and wanted to see what brands people are grabbing base layers from. I was getting mine from Nemen, but they've started using more branding, which is a deal-breaker. Ideally I would like something that is 100% mercerized cotton, like the Acronym s10-c. I just took a gamble on a John Elliot washed tee that looks like it might be alright, but I'm not a huge fan of the spilt hem - I can post some thoughts on it when it comes in. Any thoughts or recs would be apprciated.

I've switched to only merino tees, due to being able to wear them multiple times with no smell. My favorite are Outlier's runweights, followed by ultrafines.

Edited by capnpyro

Outlier t's have an excellently sized sleeves as well, no bagging or tenting for un-built arms. Seconding recommendation

I've switched to only merino tees, due to being able to wear them multiple times with no smell. My favorite are Outlier's runweights, followed by ultrafines.

I'd also recommend the ultrafines but they are drying up on stock due to supply chain issues. Oliver's Apparel has 100% merino tees at a much better price.

Speaking of recs, does anyone know of any good full-zip hoodies for  <=$150? (Preferably with some good specs.).

Edited by naashi

I'd also recommend the ultrafines but they are drying up on stock due to supply chain issues. Oliver's Apparel has 100% merino tees at a much better price.

Speaking of recs, does anyone know of any good full-zip hoodies for  <=$150? (Preferably with some good specs.).

If you're on a budget; uniqlo or champion reverse weave (not sure if that comes in full zip), if you're after quality; a really good brand would be Reigning Champ

How good is really good you might ask? Good enough that they base their brand around their hoodies and its also what set them off into popularity. Shoulders are raglan cut in the front and regular cut at the back for arm movement

Of course this is for conventional cotton hoodies though, other materials I'm not too sure on for where to find

Any suggestions for waterproof/repellent shoes? There's a lot of waterproof gear around, but the shoes still seem to be the weakest point - or maybe some spray/way to waterproofing regular shoes?

for me, techwear shoes are more about the aesthetics (either minimalist or futuristic) than added function per se. 

especially since the more functional shoes (look at the techwear shoe thread) tend to be aesthetically lacking. 

looking for something inbetween - really strugglin with the fact I'm dry in my waterproof pants an jacket, but my feet are soaking wet

Pretty cool heritage brand called ColdSmoke.  

4f501e90e3f72300ee6dbaa3ac7cb7b9.png

looking for a pair of everyday pants (black if possible) for $150-200 ish range. been thinking about a pair of outlier sd but i dont really like the front jean like pockets. can anyone recommend me some cool cargos/chinos?

who is he anyway and why should we care? (horrible fit as well)

If it wasn't obvious from the title and introduction, he's a rapper, lol. No need to care, but I guess the OP thought it was cool because he's wearing the Acronym Prestos?

looking for a pair of everyday pants (black if possible) for $150-200 ish range. been thinking about a pair of outlier sd but i dont really like the front jean like pockets. can anyone recommend me some cool cargos/chinos?

Maybe try finding last season's ACG Cargos, though they're not really black.

Edited by piece keeper

Try the sisp batavia or comfort cargos on sale. Honestly, the cargo is my favorite everyday pant. Lot of freedom in the top block with a heavy taper and articulated knees. Slight stretch and svelte lines!

Outlier just released the Strongworks. Durable, tough wearing, more 'slacks' / 'dress' pant pocketing instead of the jean dungaree pockets. Not sure if that's what you'd want considering you're asking about cargos but also chinos...

I'm hoping Nike releases this years ACG collection soon. Hoping that we don't have to wait till December

i was thinking the same thing. is there even going to be a collection? by now i would've at least expected some teaser stuff on hypebeast or instagram.

I hope there will be.

If I remember correctly, it was a surprisingly late announcement and release last year

Yup announcement/preview early November and released in December. Hoping for some new colours at least.

hoping for fully synthetic cargo's..

edit: or any return of the cargo pattern really

Edited by Inkinsurgent