Can anyone recommend a smart long sleeved white shirt in a technical fabric, ideally with all the usual techy goodness like an Acronym DS-LA3? I'm UK based so Outlier or US based companies are out unless they have European distribution. I'm currently looking at the Rapha and the SS14 Arcteryx Skyline but neither are ideal because of pockets and logos, etc.

Yes,I read those postings about the Parkas but there were none that really were what I am looking for.

The Pemberton is quite nice but the problem with the sleeves/cuffs doesn't make this one attractive for me (too bad because the rest, except maybe the bulk, seem to be perfect)...

I hear you - The Arc Therma with a different hood would´ve been perfect too. Aside from what have been mentoned i really cannot think of any other option. At sleek yet warm, minimalist parka is hard to find out, a grail really(As a matter of fact, if you find something dont forget to post cuz i´ve been looking for quite along time now). .

May be the canadian/scandinavian sufus can tip you on some luxury brand that makes something similar - like the canadian goose travel collection:

http://www.canada-goose.com/products-page/mens-travel/winfield-jacket

http://www.12345clothing.com/shop/img/p/584-2351-thickbox.jpg

It wont be cheap though:)

Can anyone recommend a smart long sleeved white shirt in a technical fabric, ideally with all the usual techy goodness like an Acronym DS-LA3? I'm UK based so Outlier or US based companies are out unless they have European distribution. I'm currently looking at the Rapha and the SS14 Arcteryx Skyline but neither are ideal because of pockets and logos, etc.

nanosphere treated cotton/elastane blend 

http://multeeproject.com/collections/all/products/new-stander-bd-shirt

stuff is quiet if interesting but no word from anyone on what it's actually like once handled. just thought it'd be relevant

also there's the andwander dry oxford shirt which you might want to keep an eye out for (proxy required + may be hard to find tho), comes in coolmax fabric. something about it so appealing to me but it might veer out of smart/work-appropriate considering the small logo on the front plus the pink cord in one pocket

http://store.silver-and-gold.com/?pid=57750356

there is a white variant out there somewhere. yet to check rakuten/y jp to see if anyone's selling it haha

Large in dark brown.

This is it. This is, to my knowledge, the only not-blue vest left for sale in the world. I've called Stone Island and they don't have them, I literally offered up money on another forum to anyone who could find grey or brown in smalls, and there was nothing. You can get the full jacket in grey from Haven if you're in the mood to spend ~320 CAD, but as far as vests go that's literally the last one.

Edited by Igneousity

Large in dark brown.

This is it. This is, to my knowledge, the only not-blue vest left for sale in the world. I've called Stone Island and they don't have them, I literally offered up money on another forum to anyone who could find grey or brown in smalls, and there was nothing. You can get the full jacket in grey from Haven if you're in the mood to spend ~320 CAD, but as far as vests go that's literally the last one.

Thanks for the info. I tried the one on at haven, but it's a touch too tight as they only have a small left. I think large might be a bit too big. In any case, I really appreciate the help :)

At sleek yet warm, minimalist parka is hard to find out, a grail really(As a matter of fact, if you find something dont forget to post cuz i´ve been looking for quite along time now). .

stone island ventile down park...

JfJySYV.jpg

May be the canadian/scandinavian sufus can tip you on some luxury brand that makes something similar - like the canadian goose travel collection:

http://www.canada-goose.com/products-page/mens-travel/winfield-jacket

http://www.12345clothing.com/shop/img/p/584-2351-thickbox.jpg

It wont be cheap though:)

TresUnCool and I commented on the quality of some of the garments in Canada Goose Branta collection and 12345clothing provides a great illustration of the problem. Here's CG's product pic for their LP Aviator Hat:

9yU9P16l.jpg

Here's 12345's product pic in comparison

CVY8yjDl.jpg

I figure the virgin wool fabric that Canada Goose choose is the reason as my acronym and maharishi lpss garments are nothing like this.

Hey, I'm regretting like fuck that I passed up on a SISP bomber jacket in small, didn't know I liked it until I saw it in person. Nobody happens to have a bead on one of these in small, do they?

And damn you Tigerprawn, you just convinced me to buy that vest.

Check your PM !

That SI Parka is also not what I was looking for... If I ever find what I'm searching, I will let you know for sure.

Another question... Anyone knows shirt's made out of schoeller fabric? Not "only" nanosphere finish, but also schoeller fabric? (maybe something with their 3XDRY on another fabric would do so as well). I just know that acronym uses some dryskin in their DS-KA3...

Nike's got a new SFB 6". Looks like a replacement for the SFB Chukka. Bummed I never got a pair of the chukkas, not feeling the new look, maybe it will grow on me.

I think the sfb 6" will probably be slimmer in the toe box, slimmer outsole compared to the chukkas.  and probably pretty light and better stabilizer. 

Edited by wahwho11

Nike's got a new SFB 6". Looks like a replacement for the SFB Chukka. Bummed I never got a pair of the chukkas, not feeling the new look, maybe it will grow on me.

nike-sfb-field-6-boot-04-960x640.jpg

The upper on that one looks amazing, but i'm not feeling the new sole. Too much going on in the tread pattern.

Cross-posting this from small questions thread, hoping somewhere here can weigh in:

Anyone in the US who has ordered from nittygritty care to comment on your experience with customs fees?  

Were you charged? If so, how significant were the additional import duties?

Cross-posting this from small questions thread, hoping somewhere here can weigh in:

Anyone in the US who has ordered from nittygritty care to comment on your experience with customs fees?  

Were you charged? If so, how significant were the additional import duties?

haven't been charged for anything thus far

Anyone have some good examples of some hot/humid-weather techwear looks? I might end up moving to Honolulu and I can't pull off fuckloads of layers in Hawaii quite the way I can in BC.

Recent drop from Adidas? Maybe not fully out yet...

adidasflux_r2_c1.jpg

This is some 1990's shit. I can't tell if that's good or bad.

Edited by Igneousity

Anyone have some good examples of some hot/humid-weather techwear looks? I might end up moving to Honolulu and I can't pull off fuckloads of layers in Hawaii quite the way I can in BC.

lEKsGppl.jpg

<_<  high humidity+heat is the final frontier imo. There are precious few urban techwear garments that might work in that weather

This just looks so utterly unremarkable. Like, not bad, just... bland. Even techspec likes posting jorts left right and centre for some goddamn reason whenever they do their summer looks. I mean, it's made more difficult by the fact that cargo shorts tend to look terrible unless done really really carefully, and even then you need to be in fantastic physical shape to pull it off. I'm really curious to see  if I could build a look around these for sheer practical reasons, not sure how great they'd look with shorts of some kind though. Maybe paired with some TAD shorts?

lEKsGppl.jpg

<_<  high humidity+heat is the final frontier imo. There are precious few urban techwear garments that might work in that weather

This just looks so utterly unremarkable. Like, not bad, just... bland. Even techspec likes posting jorts left right and centre for some goddamn reason whenever they do their summer looks. I mean, it's made more difficult by the fact that cargo shorts tend to look terrible unless done really really carefully, and even then you need to be in fantastic physical shape to pull it off. I'm really curious to see  if I could build a look around these for sheer practical reasons, not sure how great they'd look with shorts of some kind though. Maybe paired with some TAD shorts?

Oh the only thing techwear in that pic is the umbrella. My point is that there are few, if any, inspirational techwear albums for heat+humid weather.

Frankly I don't see the point of that Nike SFB. I don't care how quick it dries — I don't want my feet wet at all. I really like the Cabourn x Converse, nice four seasons boots.

Edited by SuE

Frankly I don't see the point of that Nike SFB. I don't care how quick it dries — I don't want my feet wet at all.

True waterproof sucks like hell in hot and humid weather. 

True waterproof sucks like hell in hot and humid weather.

^_^  And that's why you should buy Aitor Throup pants and not bother with shoes.

The Cabourn x Converse has ventile upper; it's quite breathable. There are a few other ventile and softshell shoes available. It's mainly to protect from splashes and puddles, the umbrella should handle the rest.

How does merino wool fare in hot, humid weather? still suitable to wear a t shirt or pass? its odorless so thats a plus but I've conflicting things about breathability and feeling "slimy" underneath it 

You'll soak in sweat. In humid weather wicking fabric just doesn't work quickly enough (I tried a couple of merino tees from different brands last summer to no avail).