I'm looking at Maharishi's sale and considering their trousers with the organic 3Xdry cotton.

Has anyone had experience with this material?

I don't expect it to be water proof but if it can hold up against a light shower and will dry in a decent amount of time then I might take the plunge.

Flannels has Stone Island sunglasses on sale, aviators included.

Reflective side patch aviators are especially interesting, it's like Julbo glacier glasses, side patch is made from SI Reflective, material also used on reflective jackets. Lenses by Carl Zeiss Vision.

Flannels have also some Shadow Project pieces on sale. 

Edited by Brainboy

I'm looking at Maharishi's sale and considering their trousers with the organic 3Xdry cotton.

Has anyone had experience with this material?

I don't expect it to be water proof but if it can hold up against a light shower and will dry in a decent amount of time then I might take the plunge.

No experience with these specific pants, but as a rule dwr-treated cotton does not perform nearly as well as dwr-treated synthetics. They'll bead light rain and dry a little bit quicker than regular cotton, but nowhere near as fast as nylon or poly.

Don't know if any of you guys caught this kick starter when it was still active. But the guys from Tessel supply are preparing to receive their first production run of their jet pack.  At 80 bucks I think it's an easy decision for anyone that is looking for a modern and sleek looking day pack for work or school. I'm also pretty sure the fabric is water repellent.

They're also slated to be releasing a fully reflective version.

http://www.tesselsupply.com/jet-pack/

Tessel-Jet-Pack-1.jpg

For a ballistic nylon, american-made pack, $140.00 seems incredibly reasonable. I was actually debating side-grading to that pack while I wait to find a 3A-8TS.

I am pretty much new to tech clothing and jackets, so i was wondering if someone could help me out! I'm looking for a all black clean, long (parka) jacket that is warm enough for winters with temperatures around -15°C to -5°C.

I found the Aether Cascade shell jacket.

aether-cascade-rainjacket-10.jpg

The design and the fabric looks great. It is waterproof, slim-fitted and it has a hood. Overall a clean jacket. The only problem is that it isn't warm enough. Can some one help me out with finding a similar jacket, one that does have some thermally insulated qualities? My budget is around $400-500.

Thanks alot!

Tim

would concur with TEKsevenZERO that a shell affords more versatility married with a insulator jacket compared with a just a waterproof insulated jacket.

your budget would allow to purchase for example a arc'teryx veilance field which can be purchased in the sales at around your budget but possibly not a separate insulator jacket but with the field as with all shells it can be worn with a chunky knit or sweat until you can afford the insulator jacket. also you don't have to use the arc'teryx veilance insulator with the field, I use a stone island shadow project one and works perfectly fine.

I am pretty much new to tech clothing and jackets, so i was wondering if someone could help me out! I'm looking for a all black clean, long (parka) jacket that is warm enough for winters with temperatures around -15°C to -5°C.

I found the Aether Cascade shell jacket.

aether-cascade-rainjacket-10.jpg

The design and the fabric looks great. It is waterproof, slim-fitted and it has a hood. Overall a clean jacket. The only problem is that it isn't warm enough. Can some one help me out with finding a similar jacket, one that does have some thermally insulated qualities? My budget is around $400-500.

Thanks alot!

Tim

-15 C by the parka along - and in that price range - is quite the feat - we are entering CG Artic Parkas zone. Not sure about the temperatures but may be the TNF Macmurdo Parka 

http://www.thenorthface.com/catalog/sc-gear/men-39-s-mcmurdo-parka_16.html

or the MH downtown can fit into your requirements.

http://www.mountainhardwear.com/mens-downtown-coat-ii-OM5647.html

Check Falljraven too, those guys know a thing or two about cold.

The Westcomb Pemberton, a minimal beauty with 900 hutterite down and waterproff Schoeller C Change shell, would have been the parka of my dreams were it not for the lack of proper cuffs (retractile or else). Lets hope they fix that next year - fingers crossed.

http://shopwestcomb.com/mens-clothing/pemberton-parka.html

PD: also, what the guys above say, layering.

Edited by manuel venatof

I just purchased and received the Judo Pants (reikon pants) yesterday.

The cut is alright and I can live with the thin fabric here in Southern California. But the inseam is WAY too short. I'm 6'3 and they fit like capris, I am thinking about sending it back as the inseam is very unflattering. 

would concur with TEKsevenZERO that a shell affords more versatility married with a insulator jacket compared with a just a waterproof insulated jacket.

your budget would allow to purchase for example a arc'teryx veilance field which can be purchased in the sales at around your budget but possibly not a separate insulator jacket but with the field as with all shells it can be worn with a chunky knit or sweat until you can afford the insulator jacket. also you don't have to use the arc'teryx veilance insulator with the field, I use a stone island shadow project one and works perfectly fine.

I want to do this but its such a pain in the ass stripping off the jacket and then the liner and then donning them both every time you go in and out.  It would be awesome if there was a way to bond buttons to the inside of a goretex jacket then you could stitch buttons to a down insulator and you're set.

Also, Lol @ new outlier line up.  I like their stuff but who the fuck needs a $250 sweatshirt?

If ACR did a dryskin crew neck with a force lock near the neckline and waterproof zips I wouldn't hesitate to pay at least 250 if not more. I bought the Nike tech pack crew and I feel like they could have charged a bit more for it. It's a great mid layer to wear under a shell, super warm and light weight. 

I agree wthat the new Outlier Merino collection is a joke. The details on the sweatshirt look like they were just stolen from old SISP products. 

I want to do this but its such a pain in the ass stripping off the jacket and then the liner and then donning them both every time you go in and out.  It would be awesome if there was a way to bond buttons to the inside of a goretex jacket then you could stitch buttons to a down insulator and you're set.

Also, Lol @ new outlier line up.  I like their stuff but who the fuck needs a $250 sweatshirt?

Don't SISP jackets and insulators have clips to attach the two together? I'm sure they do.

Don't SISP jackets and insulators have clips to attach the two together? I'm sure they do.

I meant modify jackets to be able to join with an insulator.  I love my Visvim Nomad and would love to be able to button / snap an insulator in but it doesn't have mount points.

Companies like http://fabricline.com/ sell technical fabrics, trims and components. If you really wanted to alter an existing jacket you could order some sew free adhesive from them and fabric, sew your buttons to the fabric them cut your adhesive to size and use a home iron set on high heat to fuse it to the interior of the jacket.

Having a heat press (something you could find at most run of the mill print shops that do t shirts) would be best, but most home irons can get hot enough to melt adhesives. (Make sure and get a spec sheet for melting temps for the specific adhesive you buy to ensure proper adhesion).