Acronym.

Westbrook

4 hours ago, blnightrider said:

Clowns like you homie but nothing personal

Here's some advice, to quote you:

"You need to lighten up."

.... Anyways

I remember a discussion a while back about the best way to tighten the P30A waistband. I just realised that if you pull the straps karate style (osu!), it tightens up nicely. Like how you'd tighten a karate belt. 

But it doesn't work with the P31A, and I noticed that the waistband buckle is much larger on the P31A as well, which might be the reason. 

4 minutes ago, hentaiyarou69 said:

.... Anyways

I remember a discussion a while back about the best way to tighten the P30A waistband. I just realised that if you pull the straps karate style (osu!), it tightens up nicely. Like how you'd tighten a karate belt. 

But it doesn't work with the P31A, and I noticed that the waistband buckle is much larger on the P31A as well, which might be the reason. 

P30a-ds 1.1 has different style/"improved" buckels. Thats why it tighens up better than on the P31a and previous version of the p30a

1 hour ago, jeddyhsu said:

Reminiscing over the time Acronym collaborated with Futura for his 60th birthday. Damn, I would shell out big bucks for one of these customized 1a's. 

Reveal hidden contents

Yeah this was amazing, was a really brilliant few years stretch surrounding that both before and after

Diptych jacket was my fav for holding cans and markers but I wouldn't advise this loadout :wacko: too much noise with them clacking together hahaha

EnZaagIVEAErgEb?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Edited by Albm

I’ve also came to the conclusion that the p10 don’t fit me. Which led my mind to overthink, does every Acronym pant fit Errolson? Is every Acronym pant designed for Errolson first, then plus/minus measurements for a bigger/smaller size in that pant.

Edit; I understand it’s Errolson’s company and would be kind of daft if he designed a pant that he couldn’t wear. I guess I’m just trying to figure out how they start off designing a new pant.

Edited by FelixRevolt
Edit

think errolson might've started designing the clothes to fit him as that was how acronym was born, to make clothes they wanted but no one else was making. also for a small outfit especially at the beginning with errolson modelling the clothes makes sense to make sure it looks and fits well.

like everyone else, you get older you will always put on a little weight and he now has that problem of being in-between sizes, medium is a little too tight, large a little too long.

21 hours ago, dawn said:

NG4’s just went up on SSense in all three colorways:

https://www.ssense.com/en-ca/men/designers/acronym

$50 more expensive and unfortunately, the promo code won’t work on them.  They must’ve recently restricted the brand-  was able to use a promo on my P10’s I bought a while back.

did it go up at the time of your posting? I completely missed out

I think the only interesting thing with the NG4 was the connection with the jacket. But everything else is far away from being functional or visually inspiring.

in short - don’t understand the hype 

56 minutes ago, xc-mtb said:

I think the only interesting thing with the NG4 was the connection with the jacket. But everything else is far away from being functional or visually inspiring.

I have to disagree. The front zip gives you the possibiliy to vent if getting too hot, or when i go grocery shopping, i open it up halfwise so i can put on my (n95) mask more quickly. Also, easier to put off when opened. Compared to the NG8 which i also own, much more functional. If the look is visually inspiring or not is of course matter of taste.

1 hour ago, xc-mtb said:

Your criticism could do with a 'compare and contrast' to your complimented chosen alternative 

IMO, all the NG4 has going for it is that it provides an alternative 'gaiter' experience by peeling off into a collar-like form factor. I'm not convinced that it is practical for 'venting' or for putting on a N95 - especially since the NG4 covers your ears (if you're wearing a NG5/NG8, you literally just pull it down/up to quickly perform this task). Not to mention a heavy-duty metal zipper resting on your nose and clicking-and-clacking with every forward motion is not a particularly desirable experience (personally) and the primary reason why I would consider the NG4 an aesthetically-driven piece. 

I've got one from the previous run and I haven't found it to click clack or to rest on the nose. The long zipper adds the weight needed to keep it sitting on your neck if it's unzipped fully. To me it captures Acronym at its best: remarkably aggressive styling justified by actual functionality. Like the flak pocket on the J1A or the tube hood on the J43A.

That said, of all the Acronym garments I've owned, it's the one I felt silliest paying full price for given what it is, let alone resale market prices.

35 minutes ago, daniel said:

Gore-Tex® 2L stretch is really a great next step!!! as seen @ 16 & 69,  looking out for this on the J1 and more models to benefit from this. :)

Pant cuff on P38-GT, hem/cuffs on J59-GT, gravity pockets on the most recent J1A-GTPL also utilize Gore-Tex® 2L stretch, very comfortable material IMO. Definitely looking forward to seeing this incorporated into more pieces. 

22 hours ago, eidolarr said:

To me it captures Acronym at its best: remarkably aggressive styling justified by actual functionality. Like [...] the tube hood on the J43A. 

weird choice as the tube hood on the J43A in my experience was anything but functional; limiting your peripheral vision and hearing when worn up and pushing your earphones out of your ears while worn down (with the extra fabric of the expansion panel making the forcelock unusable as it would push down anything attached to it at even the slightest bit of movement).

can anyone tell me the difference between p10-ds fw1516 and others versions? specifically comparing to ss20.

I’m about to get the fw1516 but I wonder if it fits tapered

Edited by KEИROИYM
edit

17 hours ago, KEИROИYM said:

can anyone tell me the difference between p10-ds fw1516 and others versions? specifically comparing to ss20.

I’m about to get the fw1516 but I wonder if it fits tapered

old p10's had the snap button waist closure. newer models have the slotted button closure which is a huge improvement