Acronym.

Westbrook

Waist on these is massive 

this is a medium, and everything else with a fixed waist in medium fits me perfectly. I have an extra 4 inches allowance in these, guess that’s why there are adjustment cords.

15E05C60-E66E-4B3D-96F4-638D6387CBE8.jpeg

*edited to include tucked in, higher-up-the-waist*

91D7B4D9-8F7D-46BA-A7B1-9DE1346C822A.jpeg

Edited by moneytalks

P38-E arrived this morning, tried on at home.

Very light, nowhere as heavy as my DS pants. E fabric is a joy to wear especially in Spring. The pockets don’t pull open as effortlessly as Erlsn did in the demo videos (or maybe I am just clumsy), but they are positioned perfectly and very utilitarian. The silver fly zip is not as prominently awkward because of the equally shiny waist pocket zips on both aides, so i consider this iteration of P38 as a significant improvement. Because of the waist pockets, I am thinking whether I should wear them slightly higher than usual, a little above the hips. I like the tension cords that can be used to tighten the pants (so i can wear it without belt), but I am unsure if it using it repeatedly over time the stretch will loosen. Haven’t had a chance to take it outside yet, will take some pictures when I do :)

can confirm P38 are most suited to being worn at the natural waist, and the waistband is huge. i like how they look with cropped jackets and tucked in tees. the hip tension zip pockets give off a cool layering effect. 

IMG_5516.jpeg

Edited by kobebean

P38's seem cool, just don't like that H&M Jogger cuff on the bottom. Was curious to see how they look fully relaxed as I've grown away from tapered pants in the past few years. Wish p36 weren't so elusive, would like to see more of how they look as well. Congrats to everyone who have got a new daily-wear pant!

Just recieved the P38E, few things I'd like to share. 

I got size S but fits very close to size M, which is my usual size.

Elastic cords works amazingly, wish to see more pants using this in the future. Would be better if having some small pocket to secure the cords instead of flying around my waist. 

Don't really like the position of hand pocket, should be better if move to front a little. Also the entrance is WR zipper, that thing hurts in colder weather. 

Cuff zippers don't come with a liner like P10,P38GT does, they touch your skin directly, def wear higher socks in winter season. 

Position of large pocket is lower than the one on P30,P10A or P31A. So the phone pocket is harder to use.(probably I got short arms

The vents are great design,  tensionzip keeps it in a wide open position, def feel breeze in hot summer. However I can almost see my underwear through the mesh...better open only 2/3 of it. 

It's my first E fabric piece, feels more breathable than DS. Only drawback, it's a cat hair magnet, needs to clean everyday.

@kkuer99 are you still able to wear them comfortably as overpants after sizing down? I got them in my usual acr sizing(M) and after wearing my sp28's for lounging today I needed to go out and grab something(weather dropped to 50F tonight). I didn't feel like changing pants and just threw the the 38's on and it made me love the versatility of the pants even more.

Edited by AvantSol

18 minutes ago, AvantSol said:

@kkuer99 are you still able to wear them comfortably as overpants after sizing down? I got them in my usual acr sizing(M) and after wearing my sp28's for lounging today I needed to go out and grab something(weather dropped to 50F tonight). I didn't feel like changing pants and just threw the the 38's on and it made me love the versatility of the pants even more.

Yeah I have plenty of room on waist and cuff area. I consider this as a spring/fall pants but I prefer to wear slim insulation like nike pro over the colder days so it should be fine. Tomorrow looks very cold so I got the chance to try it out.  

12 hours ago, AvantSol said:

oh did i miss something? is that why even the E version is so oversized? they're meant to be overpants like the GT version? seems unlikely..

43 minutes ago, moneytalks said:

oh did i miss something? is that why even the E version is so oversized? they're meant to be overpants like the GT version? seems unlikely..

image.png.5deeff54d45f99475ad212059df7f7dc.png

seems like based on 38-e's copy and the gen indicator, 38-gt came first conceptually (thanks @TestaRossaTed)

why would you wear something that's not waterproof over something that's not waterproof

edit: bit of outerwear history relevant to epic.

When the PCU programme started up they had a hard time explaining to all the SOF bois what the different use cases of softshell vs hardshell were. Mark Twight intended E to be the active layer and hardshell (not gt at the time but a non-breathable textile whose name escapes me atm) to be the static layer. They had to make sure ppl understood the epic textile was not an overgarment but that it was intended to take the place of a BDU and that hardshells were supposed to go on top of it. This is where the numbered (l1-l9) layering system comes from - the idea was that it was easier to explain what goes on top of what if you number it. 

Of course all of this is important when you're assaulting tora bora but who gives a fuck what you do on the subway.

Edited by Inkinsurgent

29 minutes ago, Inkinsurgent said:

why would you wear something that's not waterproof over something that's not waterproof

This seems like a moot point, then what's the point of wearing something like stotz/ws/E as a jacket? It does what it needs to do in light to moderate rain conditions. 

Edited by AvantSol

The fact that the P38-E features actual side pockets instead of the P38-GT's reach troughs, meant to be used to reach a first/mid layer pant, makes it seem pretty obvious that the P38-E aren't meant to be used as an overpant.

image.thumb.png.885bb032994afe1eacc46401dff7bc17.png

Edited by itHZwhatitHZ

57 minutes ago, Inkinsurgent said:

gt overpants make sense, e overpants do not.

then again fashion is not required to make sense

38-gt pattern came first, then ideation of standalone pant in different fabric came second by turning gt troughs into functioning pockets. same dna, different ideas