Westbrook

Acronym.

cool, but you saw hypershock vs. HUGE?

HyperShock-Team-S2019.jpg

On 9/9/2019 at 8:07 PM, junkie_dolphin said:

What's the overall length of the P30A with the extended cuff added? The measurements on the site seem to only list the outseam for when they're in 3/4 mode. Is "3/4 mode" to be taken literally here?

I've been discussing this with @junkie_dolphin over PM, but for the benefit of the thread, the measurements are as follows:

- medium with extended cuff 96cm, without cuff, ie. "3/4 mode", 78.5cm; and

- large with cuff 103cm, without cuff 84cm.

Damn you whoever grabbed the M P30 off the site! Was gunna cop friday, enjoy ya sob 

On 9/10/2019 at 2:21 AM, strikethrough said:

6'4" here with a 32/33-inch waist. I got my p23a-s' in L because i was concerned about length. The -S work for me only because they have belt loops, but then theres a lot of excess material in the waist that you kinda have to figure out what to do with... not sure how the -DS are in comparison as I dont have first-hand experience with the dual locking buckle system thats on them. I've heard they cinch down tighter than the Stotz ones? Length-wise, they're... okay i guess. Could use an extra inch or two to get a more baggy look like in the official product shots.

get an L. i'm 5'10" and the crop is already pretty aggressive in my Medium
there are no belt loops but the drawcords are much more functional than the p23 drawcord

as for the p23 what i find works best is not using the drawcord, and folding the excess at both sides, then belt over (you can also fold the excess at both sides of the fly in front for a slightly different drape)

10 hours ago, lopiteaux said:

I've been discussing this with @junkie_dolphin over PM, but for the benefit of the thread, the measurements are as follows:

Strange measurements...My size S - 77cm 3/4 mode.

Im 178 cm (5'10" ).

Definitely size S is the right choice for that height. 

PS. all my other measurements (halfwaist, outseam, inseam, hem) are really close to measurements from mothersite (+/- 1 cm). 

39 minutes ago, Yan90 said:

Strange measurements...My size S - 77cm 3/4 mode.

Im 178 cm (5'10" ).

Definitely size S is the right choice for that height. 

PS. all my other measurements (halfwaist, outseam, inseam, hem) are really close to measurements from mothersite (+/- 1 cm). 

I’ll measure up again this evening to be certain, and will post some photos. The ones I took last night didn’t come out too great as I’m on a backup phone.

B663CF5C-F23D-43DA-9571-AF9C7E85A2A8.jpeg

B5C779B7-0583-4294-9575-B738A6A4E2DC.jpeg

13 hours ago, lopiteaux said:

almost 7cm difference in length from one size difference does seem a bit extreme i must say

21 minutes ago, iamundying said:

almost 7cm difference in length from one size difference does seem a bit extreme i must say

Agree. As mentioned, I'll redo the measurements this evening, and add high-res photo evidence.

My thinking is that the discrepancies are due to the starting positing on the waistline. It seems fairly obvious given the above photo, as the waist rises at a ~20 degree angle versus the perpendicular of the tape.

Feel free to suggest alternate methodologies for measuring, I'm more than happy to be corrected.

as many people have said before – whatever waist size you are, don't bother. it's height. if you don't have excess at the waist, something is terribly wrong. they're designed to be cinched. BUY FOR YOUR HEIGHT!

A question for the J61-WS owners out there... Given the roomy measurements, would you suggest staying true to your normal ACRONYM size, or would it be an option to size down?

I'm a large in all of my jackets (except the J69-GT and J47A-WS), with room to spare, so am thinking that I could get away with a medium. Or would this ruin the profile?

The rest of my acr pants are size M but p30a-ds is S.

My height  5'11" (180cm) and weight  176 lbs (79kg)

I usually wear pants on my hips, but I took photos with regular fit.

PS As for jackets, I like the way M size looks. But, for example, j36-s size M is a little small for me. And s-j4ts size M is very small.

001.jpg

002.jpg

Edited by Z-11

27 minutes ago, lopiteaux said:

A question for the J61-WS owners out there... Given the roomy measurements, would you suggest staying true to your normal ACRONYM size, or would it be an option to size down?

I'm a large in all of my jackets (except the J69-GT and J47A-WS), with room to spare, so am thinking that I could get away with a medium. Or would this ruin the profile?

I took TTS (small) and found I couldn't really layer under it how I wanted to. Sized up and it's much better. So I think at the very least I'd take TTS.

57 minutes ago, lopiteaux said:

It runs 1 size bigger. A-frame cut is pretty roomy. 

Edited by Yan90

54 minutes ago, lopiteaux said:

Are we eyeing the same jacket on eBay?

57 minutes ago, Yan90 said:

It runs 1 size bigger. A-frame cut is pretty roomy. 

For sure, through the waist it's spacious. I did find the shoulders/chest to be cut fairly slim/regular though.

4 hours ago, Z-11 said:

These look absolutely fantastic here. So much better than in the Acronym product images! These, combined with some Insta images of E, make me think I may want to try these at some point. I wear an M in P10A-DS despite being 6'2" and am wondering if I would be okay with a Small in these. 

Edited by eyeheartny

4 hours ago, Z-11 said:

PS As for jackets, I like the way M size looks. But, for example, j36-s size M is a little small for me. And s-j4ts size M is very small.

shoot. yeah i need to trade for a small. :biggrin:

2 hours ago, eyeheartny said:

These look absolutely fantastic here. So much better than in the Acronym product images! These, combined with some Insta images of E, make me think I may want to try these at some point. I wear an M in P10A-DS despite being 6'2" and am wondering if I would be okay with a Small in these. 

The model for P10A-DS on acrnm.com is about your height, and he wears an M P30A-DS I think? 

Edited by hentaiyarou69

@lopiteaux I gotta agree with @zxcvbnnn.

I guess it depends on build, TTS for me. Very roomy in the waist and below but snug on the chest and shoulders. There was no room for layering for me.

50 minutes ago, hentaiyarou69 said:

The model for P10A-DS on acrnm.com is about your height, and he wears an M P30A-DS I think? 

I have short legs for my height. My wife who’s 5’4” with long legs has an inseam measurement that’s not terribly far from mine at 6’2”. Most of my length is in my torso. 

I think for me the way to decide is to measure where the pants would hit based on the outseam measurements and try to see which would get me in the right length range when the extra cuffs are added on. 

Edited by eyeheartny

11 minutes ago, X.bee said:

@lopiteaux I gotta agree with @zxcvbnnn.

I guess it depends on build, TTS for me. Very roomy in the waist and below but snug on the chest and shoulders. There was no room for layering for me.

Thanks X!

2 hours ago, eyeheartny said:

I have short legs for my height. My wife who’s 5’4” with long legs has an inseam measurement that’s not terribly far from mine at 6’2”. Most of my length is in my torso. 

I think for me the way to decide is to measure where the pants would hit based on the outseam measurements and try to see which would get me in the right length range when the extra cuffs are added on. 

It sounds like due to your physical dimensions and the ofttimes complex and specific patterns that Acronym implements in their clothing that makes altering them questionable due to throwing off the fit and dimensions, that perhaps this brand may not be for you by and large.

I think you may be forcing something that just won’t look right in the long run.

To each their own of course....

33 minutes ago, brainerd666 said:

It sounds like due to your physical dimensions and the ofttimes complex and specific patterns that Acronym implements in their clothing that makes altering them questionable due to throwing off the fit and dimensions, that perhaps this brand may not be for you by and large.

I think you may be forcing something that just won’t look right in the long run.

To each their own of course....

???

I get a great fit in the P10A-DS in M, so I'm not sure where this is coming from.

In terms of the P30A-DS, if the general advice is to size by length, what did I indicate that was anything other than a specific method of sizing by length (measuring outseam and where on my leg I'd like the cuff to be)? Inseam is an unreliable way to measure in these pants because of the low crotch, so looking at the outseam is the reliable measurement. Maybe you got confused by "extra cuffs," but I'm talking about the zip-on cuffs that come with the P30A-DS. So again, not at all sure how we got to alterations. I'm a bit lost as to how you got from me talking about how I'd figure out what length would work to suggesting that I should look at other brands...

Edited by eyeheartny

I’m 5’9” (typically 30” length on jeans, etc) and these are the P30A-DS in Small. If you need outseam measurements, they are 30” to the first cuff and 37 to the second. Also, another J65 fit!

DSC05889.thumb.jpg.9a029360e3fe920f618635da61d5c1bd.jpg

@eyeheartny You definitely need M. 8cms height difference.

@Z-11 Just fits, oddly can still see sock in shot 3. (Worn a tad higher here? than shot 1 if you look where the cuff lands)

In the end it depends on the look you want - baggy with tight calves, or voluminous with a slight stack. Plus don’t forget body type, @Z-11 is a solid unit. I personally prefer the mini stack (check my old pics of P23A for ref) because I’m taller.

2 minutes ago, hentaiyarou69 said:

I'm more concerned about the high-up wearing of heavily dropped crotch trousers 

I disagree, it looks great. @Xu Jianfeng has posted some fantastic high-waisted fits - primarily P17-DS - and I think both @Z-11 and @dreamboatjustsoul's fits are sick.

I've re-measured both the medium and large P30A, and as expected the measurements vary depending on the position on the waistline. Apologies in advance for clogging up the thread.

For the large:

- measurement #1, at the front of the leg when folded over - 83cm 3/4 (matching the measurements posted on the site), 100cm cuffed

IMG-0043.thumb.JPG.a33000f9054731f784d1b87854dc6a50.JPG

IMG-0044.thumb.JPG.0b1a51eb4ac73affc2b3e5bb2debb269.JPG

- measurement #2, at the back of the leg when folder over - 88cm 3/4, 105cm cuffed

IMG-0045.thumb.JPG.3ae6bd81827d0bf70833c060a32decac.JPGIMG-0046.thumb.JPG.bc33f4fb9b9e6756095d694142e6b45b.JPG

- measurement #3, middle of the leg, measured from the front - 85cm 3/4, 102cm cuffed

IMG-0047.thumb.JPG.5e7f6734c0e9b8f2d73cb4effb3f82b3.JPGIMG-0048.thumb.JPG.fa6f44afd8018cdc3b8be15e59fd8289.JPG

Equivalent measurements for the medium are:

- measurement #1, at the front of the leg when folded over - 79cm 3/4 (versus the site's 80cm), 96cm cuffed

- measurement #2, at the back of the leg when folder over - 82cm 3/4, 100cm cuffed

- measurement #3, middle of the leg, measured from the front - 82cm 3/4, 96.5cm cuffed

DM if you need more details. FYI, I'm 6' sharp, and I'm sticking with a medium.