Acronym.

Westbrook

Just now, rnstyip said:

This is a completely subjective opinion but I don't really think it adds much value to the overall look of the jacket pre and post distressing, so I don't really understand the point of it. Doesn't seem to be a functional aspect of the jacket either.

Agree... pure aesthetics, which is either a refreshing or worrying departure from their norm.

Similar to the new colourways really.

10 minutes ago, Yoshiii said:

Just for conversational purposes, what are peoples opinions on the raw / frayed edges of the J66?

I like to keep my jackets in good condition so I dont know how the fraying will play out. It sucks paying for a $2000 jacket knowing its gonna fray. I guess we can already see it from the j66-gtv stormhood product shot.

Screen Shot 2018-05-22 at 1.13.36 PM.png

18 minutes ago, Muin said:

should have dropped a p10a-ds

No thanks, I’d be $1.5k poorer then. How is storing items in the attached pockets on DS pants (P24A/23A)? Does the stretch make heavier items feel awkward or bounce around?

2 minutes ago, wexler said:

No thanks, I’d be $1.5k poorer then. How is storing items in the attached pockets on DS pants (P24A/23A)? Does the stretch make heavier items feel awkward or bounce around?

Lift Yourself theme music.

1 hour ago, lopiteaux said:

I was always under the impression that the J1A was cut a lot smaller than the J28, but the measurement on the site seem to suggest that the former (well, the GTV at least) is cut more generous than the J28, albeit by a small margin.

Is this true?

Don't have the J28 here but J16-GT from the same season (assuming you're talking about J28-GT FW1718). My J16-GT in size S is definitely cut more generous than my J1A-GT in the same size. I can layer my J58 under the J16 comfortably. While I can still do the same with my J1A, it feels much more restricting, so I just usually wear a crewneck/hoodie with the J1A. 

11 minutes ago, wexler said:

Sometimes yes.  The 24a-s did a better job than the 24a-ds with larger/heavier items.  But I still have my DS pair, and sold the S so that should tell you enough about which I prefer.  And it's rare I'm carrying something heavy long enough for it to be an issue, since I would have just brought a bag if it was for an extended time.   The 23a has smaller cargo pockets so it's less of an issue.  If you load up both cargoes on one side and have your phone in the phone pocket on that side too, then maybe you would get some bouncing/awkwardness.  

55 minutes ago, Yoshiii said:

Just for conversational purposes, what are peoples opinions on the raw / frayed edges of the J66?

Somehow this detail (in addition to how the seams are sewn) is what put me over the edge in buying it. I can't explain why either. I think I just really like the aesthetic.

51 minutes ago, thatslapz said:

Sometimes yes.  The 24a-s did a better job than the 24a-ds with larger/heavier items.  But I still have my DS pair, and sold the S so that should tell you enough about which I prefer.  And it's rare I'm carrying something heavy long enough for it to be an issue, since I would have just brought a bag if it was for an extended time.   The 23a has smaller cargo pockets so it's less of an issue.  If you load up both cargoes on one side and have your phone in the phone pocket on that side too, then maybe you would get some bouncing/awkwardness.  

I remember people being really unhappy with the belt system on the 23A-DS—how have you found it after an extended period of time now? There's supposed to be a 23A-S in the Fall.

6 minutes ago, hoju said:

I remember people being really unhappy with the belt system on the 23A-DS—how have you found it after an extended period of time now? There's supposed to be a 23A-S in the Fall.

Looping the straps back through the buckle keeps them tight enough for it not to be an issue.  Minor adjustments required throughout the day but I'm never worried my pants are gonna fall down.  You can also just tie them and it works great.  Stotz will be heavier though so we'll see if there's a difference.

9 hours ago, hoju said:

9 hours ago, thatslapz said:

Looping the straps back through the buckle keeps them tight enough for it not to be an issue.  Minor adjustments required throughout the day but I'm never worried my pants are gonna fall down.  You can also just tie them and it works great.  Stotz will be heavier though so we'll see if there's a difference.

^^ -S Goes back to P23TS style belt system and has loops.

4 hours ago, lxkhor said:

wont be DS. 

Nearly - still one more to come in fall as @Dolphinski mentioned, in white (DS), with a different version (same code) in boiled cashllama wool.

Edited by Danwise

21 minutes ago, Toilettebun said:

It's DS the caption underneath the stock pictures of the p10-ds indicate so.

I thought the other colour was gonna be in cashmere 

13 hours ago, skycrawler said:

I paid 1373.18 Euros inclusive of shipping to Japan. But I know I'm gonna get hit with a massive import tax...

Shouldn't be too bad, on P23A-DS I paid 100us - they were 900-ish euro.

the hi-vis stuff really degradetes the design. with contrasting zippers and hardware makes it look like a some cheap rei stuff. It would be way nicer if they dropped cash on custom produced zippers, webbing and velcro and make the jacket all tonal. this way it will look more premium. 

also a workmate bought a basic scott gtx in this neon yellow few years back and had to throw it away recently because the stains were too much even for biking, can confirm they are impossible to clean.

fraying gtx is proper decadence, but the J66 is really nice looking, might be good if one had it seamtaped from outside so no more fraying.

19 hours ago, Yoshiii said:

When you read the idea behind it it's pretty compelling:

"Deconstructivist reverse seam allowances underscore articulation and fray with age"

On the volt, the shadows that the seam allowances cast are like subtle graphic elements that bring out the construction of the piece. On the black, same effect with the reverse side being lighter. Quite the ingenious way to bring attention to one of the more overlooked elements of the brand. Snap buttons are set in reverse too. Love how the same concept carries through all parts of the piece. One of the more interesting and forward thinking ideas they've explored in the past few seasons.