Westbrook

Acronym.

1 hour ago, Xu Jianfeng said:

3 walking (or running or standing):  I wear it walking around 8km per day, gonna say it’s not a very comfy one. The main issue is the sole in the heel area spilt in a slightly weird way, so with normal walking you kind need use the calf strenth to hold the balance.  Ain’t doing any run with it, but for standing like 30 minutes also makes your feeling no good. 

Nike at it again lol, IDK about other countries but they had a massive ad campaign pushing vapormaxes as a womens running shoe i think last year here in Sydney, funny how that worked out

vapormax don't do very well as running shoes, no wonder. lifestyle shoe on the other hand, tad better. but I still needed insoles 

23 hours ago, nesherman said:

The J28, for me, is the apex of functional design and daily-wear experience and I will be very sad the day that I put it to rest. A Stotz version, even with the J56 in my arsenal, would be a very tempting purchase if Errolson were to ever release one. I am forever spoiled by its near perfection.

every since i let my j43a go, something has been missing. i've been contemplating filling the void, i'm wondering if anyone could lend insight between the j47a (ws or gt) vs J28-gt. it seems like the 47a doesn't often make it into the conversation because of the ridiculous price and lack of availability. 

i really want a gore shell, but the 47a-ws might have to do just because of the price vs the gt. also i've been extremely pleased with my 58-ws as a stand alone garment in wet conditions. 

Im about to pull the trigger on my first Acronym jacket piece. In Veilance im a L. What should I go for in Acronym? L as well? 

Would be hell to buy wrong size :o

33 minutes ago, Micx said:

Im about to pull the trigger on my first Acronym jacket piece. In Veilance im a L. What should I go for in Acronym? L as well? 

Would be hell to buy wrong size :o

I guess now is as good a time as any to review sizing advice on Acronym pieces (especially seeing as how the next drop must be soon-ish).

How does one make sense of the measurements on the website? For example, what use are those shoulder measurements?

How does one size pants? I've heard that one should size for length, but is this always true?

https://acrnm.com/sizing

14 minutes ago, junkie_dolphin said:

How does one size pants? I've heard that one should size for length, but is this always true?

It's not always true, but since sizing is S, M, L each will cover a range of waist sizes, therefore waist isn't as much a constraint.  Sizing for length is definitely advisable when you see waist measurements that seem to make no sense, e.g. P23TS-S had some wild waist measurement of 50+cm across...obviously too large by any normal means, so this should clue you in that these pants are intentionally wide and require significant belting at the waist.  For these types of pants, look at the length more than anything since the waist is intentionally large at any size.

Yeah I'm about 5' 8" and finding that itis very dependent on material and style type. Generally I hear if they are 'normal' style trousers you go tts while baggier items is "size for length".

I have a pair of p10 DS in medium, they fit fine. They are just a little long on me but are good when I pull them up. While my ch pair fit perfectly length and  don't need to pull them too high. And I find the CH material to look a little slimmer. But then again there could be a bunch of factors; washing, seasonal alterations(if any) etc.

Now for 23s I have to get a small because they are way too long for me for a medium and look ridiculous when I rise them.

Edited by AvantSol

1 hour ago, AvantSol said:

Yeah I'm about 5' 8" and finding that itis very dependent on material and style type. Generally I hear if they are 'normal' style trousers you go tts while baggier items is "size for length".

I agree with AvantSol. I have three different pairs of p23 in different sizes and materials. p23-s (S) looks good, but they are not very convenient (tensed in calves), p23ts-ch (XL) are long enough and wide. p23a-ds (L) are perfect. 
Also I had p10ts-ds (L) and they were long. Stretched knees below the knees looked particularly ugly. Surprisingly, but the same size in p10a-s (L) looks good.

PS I'm 5'11"

p23.jpg

With acronym pants it's advisable to know how you want the pants to fit exactly. The different material choices greatly vary the fit which is attributed to each individual material's properties as @Z-11 illustrated above. 

1 hour ago, Z-11 said:

I agree with AvantSol. I have three different pairs of p23 in different sizes and materials. p23-s (S) looks good, but they are not very convenient (tensed in calves), p23ts-ch (XL) are long enough and wide. p23a-ds (L) are perfect. 
Also I had p10ts-ds (L) and they were long. Stretched knees below the knees looked particularly ugly. Surprisingly, but the same size in p10a-s (L) looks good.

PS I'm 5'11"

p23.jpg

I’m surprised that all the fits look fine no matter the size. 

11 hours ago, Z-11 said:

PS I'm 5'11"

p23.jpg

All looks really good, but L is sick! Im a few cm taller than you, so I guess L is my size if I were to buy p23.

Im 5'10", 80-82 kg.  P10 fits ok only in S for this height. Thas why in L size they looks ugly (articulated knees are in the wrong position). P10 DS in medium looks bad, but in size S - perfect.

CH defenetly isnt looks slimmer than DS. Cuz of more dense material CH have more pronounced and "rigid" stacks.

11 hours ago, Yan90 said:

Im 5'10", 80-82 kg.  P10 fits ok only in S for this height. Thas why in L size they looks ugly (articulated knees are in the wrong position). P10 DS in medium looks bad, but in size S - perfect.

CH defenetly isnt looks slimmer than DS. Cuz of more dense material CH have more pronounced and "rigid" stacks.

This is weird. I am the same height and weight and Medium fits perfect for me in P10-DS. 

3 hours ago, lxkhor said:

This is weird. I am the same height and weight and Medium fits perfect for me in P10-DS. 

All about your inseam length instead of actual height IMO. It better determines where the hem on cropped pants or articulation on the knees will hit. I'm 5' 10" but have shorter legs. Size small P23-S below: 

IMG_8833.JPG

Edited by wexler

6 hours ago, lxkhor said:

Just try size s and compare with m. No doudt size will fit better than m especially for -DS. 

For reference. P10ts-ds in M looks on me like on Lenny (foto from SS18), but S size - like on Ian. Defenetly the second one fits better. I have an athletic build with "normal" leg length.

Does anyone have info about ACRONYM® SS18 drop?

and can anyone tell me retail price of j47-ws(new to SS18?) 

Edited by paper2k1

We're already pushing the envelope in terms of release date, so who knows? Could be September the way things are looking.

anyone got any product info or idea of drop time. My god can this be designed to make it anymore stressful for people?

Would like a P17 but I imagine that horse bolted long ago, be interesting to see a TS version too, bring back a pair of super loose BDU shorts ! 

I'm not sure I'll even be able to see what's for sale as I finish work at that time, by the time I get home it'll all have vanished...

I'll live vicariously through this thread, fill your boots folks!!

I got some p10S from the SS16 drop, just checked the receipt and they were 485 EUR. Now at ~1,200 EUR, it's an almost 3x markup over just 2 years. Are you fucking kidding me!!! Pricing is so out of sync with value, I just cannot even remotely justify looking at ACR now. Goodbye, it's been fun while it lasted, but there's just no way...  

Whew I got ahold of the J1A in S, those went fast. Never owned paclite so I'm curious to see how it compares to the rest of the goretex lineup.