Jump to content
Westbrook

Acronym.

Recommended Posts

On 7/27/2017 at 10:54 AM, Kamikaze said:

thats good. hoping for something new

sames.. when was the last time they released a 'new bag'.  would be rad if they started releasing waterproof items in like dyneema or something

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was thinking Acronym incorporates a lot of systemic features, e.g., tecsys/gravity pockets/jacketsling/interops/forcelock, now integrated liners. SI:SP has teleport pockets,  articulation tunnels, gateway pockets, and across-the-line insulator/shell integration. There are some things that I'm nostalgic for, like fidlock hardware and sleeve tabs were largely phased out—they were a good feature for a lot of jackets. Additionally, with the large move toward Super R main closure zips, escapezip doffing has been less prominently featured. I also really liked the vehicular zip feature despite the use being very limited.

What feature do you guys miss? What feature would you like to have?

Now that I have my hands on a J39, I really like the fidlock retention strap—I think alot of midlength coats would do well with it. I also prefer the integrated hoods rather than the detachable or drop hoods now prominently featured. Finally, I really like the articulation tunnel idea SI:SP uses for sleeve length adjustment.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've said it before in this thread but I wish they'd switch the trouser snaps to the same ones that veilance use. That damn button pop drives me crazy.

And (more of a feature request) I wish they'd upgrade the gravity pocket snap to a push pop design so you could open the gravity pockets à la Spiderman web shooter stylee. Would be super slick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agreed on both accounts @Dolphinski The double snap on my Mission Workshop shorts are excellent. Nice solid feel. 

Edited by brainerd666

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, I finally figured out that if I kill my phone before the post has posted, the next time I open my mobile browser it will act like it never sent the post. 

Edited by brainerd666
DOUBLE POST AGAIN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Dolphinski said:

I've said it before in this thread but I wish they'd switch the trouser snaps to the same ones that veilance use. That damn button pop drives me crazy.

And (more of a feature request) I wish they'd upgrade the gravity pocket snap to a push pop design so you could open the gravity pockets à la Spiderman web shooter stylee. Would be super slick.

Cobrax snaps would be a great move.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will the Bagjack Belt NXL 40 interface with the newer model P10-S belt loops or the NXL 25 as what appears in most of the photos that Errolson is wearing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

you can undo the looping on the adjustable part of the belt and reattach the buckle back once the belt is in place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^ bingo. And w/ the newer P10's, you'll need to do that for even the 1" AustriAlpin buckle on the NXL 25 model.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the info guys really appreciate it. Are there any real pros or cons to the 1inch as opposed to the 1.5 inch? Or just personal taste/preference? Although the 1.5inch belt looks like it might be too wide for the small belt loop on the front of the pant:unsure:? Thanks Again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, N6MAA10816 said:

Thanks for the info guys really appreciate it. Are there any real pros or cons to the 1inch as opposed to the 1.5 inch? Or just personal taste/preference? Although the 1.5inch belt looks like it might be too wide for the small belt loop on the front of the pant:unsure:? Thanks Again.

1 inch fits almost all belt loops. the half extra inch actually makes a difference when it comes to fitting it through your belt loop. So it may or may not fit in your pants. It's just safer to go with the 1 inch. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know for how much the L-J11 retailed back in the day? I came across someone selling one in good condition, but they're asking 2300usd and I was wondering if it's worth it. Any opinions?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, eyesolation said:

Does anyone know for how much the L-J11 retailed back in the day? I came across someone selling one in good condition, but they're asking 2300usd and I was wondering if it's worth it. Any opinions?

buy it. it's in good condition. it retailed for 3,500. it's worth it. next question

Edited by chris_n
edit for actual retail price

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@chunglove have you thought about replacing it with something different, maybe a different colour, white, olive, perhaps red? or just take the other one off cut in half and you'll have one for each shoe only half the size.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

I will burn a spec sheet as an offering to the Acronym gods!

As promised. Praise be to Errol-sama.

Edited by CARLOOA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone here still have the spec sheet for a SP9-CH ? I misplaced mine and looking for a high quality scan to reprint it ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Keep telling yourself: "it's only a photocopy, it's only a photocopy..."

 

We are starting up a support group for those experiencing PTSD ( Photocopy The Stupid Document ) sydnrome where we'll offer counselling and methods that you can employ to move on and hopefully live a rich and rewarding life, and fill that A4 void.

As you can see Carlooa has kindly recorded his graduation ceremony, a sight that has been kept under ziplockæd wraps until now, thank you to brother Carlooa for sharing.

If interested please add your name here.

We'd love to hear from you all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I heard there is a deepweb site dedicated to specsheets. Need to pay in ACRONYMCOINæ tho and mining one ACRONYMCOINæ takes about one whole season, depending on your INTEROPSæ hardware (the more 3A you connect the faster you mine).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Damn no kidding, this afternoon in my office I just photocopied around 60 spec sheets in color from my personal acrnm archive. Still not quite sure wether should I share the scanning or not.

:(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TEKsevenZERO said:

Keep telling yourself: "it's only a photocopy, it's only a photocopy..."

 

We are starting up a support group for those experiencing PTSD ( Photocopy The Stupid Document ) sydnrome where we'll offer counselling and methods that you can employ to move on and hopefully live a rich and rewarding life, and fill that A4 void.

As you can see Carlooa has kindly recorded his graduation ceremony, a sight that has been kept under ziplockæd wraps until now, thank you to brother Carlooa for sharing.

If interested please add your name here.

We'd love to hear from you all.

It's a real sheet—otherwise the offering won't work!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can some one legit chek on this spec sheet plZ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like this season is a little more fashion-ey than acronym has been in the past

 

those pants look very SISP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Kamikaze said:

i think i'll stick to the p23 and maybe the j28.

watch, the j28 comes out w/ something super wild

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dolvn said:

watch, the j28 comes out w/ something super wild

saw the leaked picture of it somewhere around here. it looks more or less the same as the original with some slight upgrades (a la j47-j47r)
of course it was like one or two pictures so i could be wrong.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now