Acronym.

Westbrook

Well I guess I am in the minority as I like something regardless of who makes it so long as it pushes my buttons, but I like the more left field SI:SP stuff, along with the more aggressive or left field ACR stuff too.

Cheap long sleeve tee mixed with ACR P15's & Giuliano Fujiwara pony hair trainers? Check !! - all at sale prices and not shamed to admit it !!

I LOVE the Stealth jackets & coats from Shadow, neck braces and tiger stripe stuff, and the capes and J28 etc from ACR but as I am not the normal Sufu fit but XL (ACR) or XXL XXXL SISP then I rarely get anything !

Chatted to ERLSN about getting XXL but that is/was a long way off, logistics of it make it VERY difficult.

I'm not a fashion Geek or a Jock, more of an outsider family man with a penchant for interesting bargains and my head in the futuristic clouds while living in rural North Sweden.......see what I mean?

Love to own all ACr though- it's all great.

I

Edited by TEKsevenZERO

I actually find shadow project a bit more accessible compared to acronym, at least where I am located. SISP usually produces more pieces and covers far more territory in terms of design than acronym does. While I do like acronym quite a bit, I feel like a lot of it is re-hashing the same ideas or putting very small twists on them. SISP, for better or for worse, usually brings in something new each season. Price points seem pretty comparable to me and I think they integrate well together.

sisp is fashiony in a different way than acr.  there is certainly more of an emphasis on textile and dyeing innovations (which is suitable) - I'd also say the collections are designed to be more "complete" collections in that there is a signature look on top of more basics... all in the context of something you could show on a runway.

acr is more self-consciously futuristic and almost obsessively focused on ergonomics (for lack of a better word).

i think i mentioned this here before, but if you want quailty basics in the erlsn style without all of the extraneous bits, herno laminar is your brand - it's still getting marked down and would not be surprised if the line was discontinued soon

in my experience SI:SP, at least in terms of outerwear, has the most flattering 'fit' among the techwear brands specifically in comparison acr and veilance. 'Fit' being defined in a more traditional sense - slim and tailored. 

At first, I thought it was just my own perception until I read this interview with errolson: http://www.highsnobiety.com/2014/04/09/what-else-errolson-hugh/. He mentions stone island's in-house 'fit guy' whose sole purpose is to make the garment fit well and look good on a body. I think Fernado at Stone Island does a great job. At the end of the day, gusseted and articulated everything doesn't beat a properly fitting garment. (blasphemy, i know, time to revoke my techwear card) 

Again 'good fit' is subjective and based on body type (i'm on the skinny to slim side). I think ACR is suppose to be anti-fit and looks good oversized and baggier. Veilance, on the other hand, is one of the hardest brands to fit. Either the chest and armpit are way too tight so you try to size up and there is excess fabric behind the shoulders and the sleeves are too long  (criticism mostly directed towards the insulated pieces but occasionally a few shells too). Veilance is probably the most well constructed among these brands but I wish they would hire a dude like Frenando. 

I agree that the past few seasons of SI:SP has failed to catch my attention. There seems to be a lack of cohesiveness behind collection to collection or sometimes even pieces within a collection. You will have fuccboi graphics, missoni-looking knit patterns, the perennial iridescent star pattern, sometimes techfabric, natural fabrics, sometimes leather, vibrant colours, muted tones, etc. all within one collection. It's best to view SI:SP like Errolson's test laboratory which sometimes results in spectacular pieces mixed with some wacky wtf moments. 

My favourite collection is still AW'011 - 012

I saw that collection not as an acr diffusion line but a refined and tailored acr mixed with stone island fabrics and details. Less hyperfunctional ninja gear and just a more forward look at men's clothing. I think Herno Laminar is trying to capture a similar vibe but sometimes has one foot stuck in traditional details - damn those big sewn on buttons.  

/LONG FUCKING RANT

Edited by hiddenfortress

in my experience SI:SP, at least in terms of outerwear, has the most flattering 'fit' among the techwear brands specifically in comparison acr and veilance. 'Fit' being defined in a more traditional sense - slim and tailored. 

At first, I thought it was just my own perception until I read this interview with errolson: http://www.highsnobiety.com/2014/04/09/what-else-errolson-hugh/. He mentions stone island's in-house 'fit guy' whose sole purpose is to make the garment fit well and look good on a body. 

This definitely leaks through to ACR in certain pieces, though. The J40-CH, the J38-LP, and some of the suspensor pieces fit in a completely different (and much better) way than slim-fitting pieces from earlier seasons. It's especially obvious in the construction of the J40, which has an internal structure to help it fit, settle, and move, and is actually cut like a slim-fitting shirt through the waist. At the risk of being an asshole, the fact that this either hasn't been noticed or discussed much here isn't really surprising.

Just a heads up, I didn't get charged any extra duties or taxes when I shipped my End order to California, in case anyone is on the fence right now...

On the topic of how well fitting SI:SP supposedly is, my mainline SI overshirt is the best fitting garment I've ever owned.

Just a heads up, I didn't get charged any extra duties or taxes when I shipped my End order to California, in case anyone is on the fence right now...

On the topic of how well fitting SI:SP supposedly is, my mainline SI overshirt is the best fitting garment I've ever owned.

Thanks I'll have to keep this in mind when March rolls around.

I got a bill from FedEx for 46ish

Got off the plane earlier today and slung on my 3A-5TS (diagonally) after a long while of walking and realized the clip that hooks the excess strap was missing - I'm assuming it must've got knocked off somehow when people were moving bags around in the overhead.

Acronym seems pretty good about replacing parts, do you guys just email the shop@acr address or is there a specific one for such an occasion? 

Question: P16-CH, or P16-S? Which should I go for?

i've got both – the 'A' versions – and i like the CH a bit more. they're a more comfortable fit in the waist due to the 3% EL. the S is thinner, and will be worn much more in summer weather, as the CH is thicker and much more insulating in my experience. 

the CH fabric, in the event you don't have any of FW1415 microtwill CH pieces, is very "soft", for lack of a better word, and falls over footwear much differently as a result. the S will have a nicer conventional "stacking", but comes at the cost of compromising the sweatpant-like feel of the CH.

i also think the weight/softness of the CH presents a better silhouette. the 16 appears to have a very aggressive horseshoe-like silhouette (not as noticeable with the A, due to the addition of cargo pockets, but still). i think the added weight of the CH makes it a bit easier to pull off.

hth

They do. From my observation, the price range varies by hundreds of dollars (both limonta & xpac). You can't really tell on here because after people sell them they delete what the item sold for. You also gotta be careful on how you go about it because people will call you out for what they think is fair compared to what others have sold for and a lot less. IMO.

x-post

yo s/o to bryanayrb and originalprogram for the pieces!!

3A-SR1 & 3A-1
16274104755_0a9dc888d4.jpg
16088245117_1ff78f178b.jpg

if anybody has an idea of how i can patch a hole in x-pac locally i'd appreciate it! its only 1cm so I'm not sure if it would be worth sending to acr for repairs.

Also looking for 2" web management. ITW's web dominator or belt clip wouldve done the job, but unfortunately they only accommodate 1" or 1.5" webbing respectively. Might just use these quick-slip webbing keepers but wanted to see if there were any other options. ty~~

Depends on how pretty you want the repair to be, but I used this stuff on my SAG backpack:

http://www.rei.com/product/783045/gear-aid-tenacious-tape-repair-tape

and the sealant to keep it on permanently.

It's not going to match x-pac fabric perfectly, but it'll hold up. If it's a small enough hole, and you can get into it from the inside of the fabric, you can also patch it from the inside and it'll be less noticeable.