Acronym.

Westbrook

I've been outta the game for a couple years, the ACR staples (not too aggro, less out there) are always pragmatic and enticing, yet I primarily used to admire ACR for its complex patternmaking, where some of the pieces synergize varying fit styles/ eras/ pattern blocks.  As I try to come up to speed with the last couple years , I've been looking through their catalog for the most interesting pieces in terms of patternmaking, 3D silhouettes, etc.

As far as jackets, I see that the J86 is clearly seemingly a cut above the rest (patternmaking complexity). J120 looks very interesting too

For pants, the P44 looks to be very interesting on the bottom half as well (changed from the p24 i assume). P38 look like one to note , but hard to tell from the all black.

Since I won't be able to see the full catalog in person anytime soon, can anyone with similar tastes point out some pieces from last couple years that

really impressed you in terms of patternmaking? I understand there are numerous aspects of garment design, but oftentimes-- IMO one can see how much effort and development was put into a garment from examining this particular aspect. 

Edited by miiikejohn

Hi all,

The V68-PL came in today, and since I'm probably the only person who purchased it, I thought I should post a review.

Quality & Materials: It's MIC, but much better crafted than other MIC items I've had (P31A-DS, SP29-M, etc.) The fabric appears to be the same as the one used in the 2019 version, which is a plus for me.

Size: I bought my usual XL before the sizing chart was added to the product page and it fits pretty much as expected – slightly oversized when worn over a shirt and TTS over a hoodie. My XL is slightly smaller than the V91 in L.

Price: It’s a bit bland since it doesn't have any new features (even V91 had hidden chest pockets). Ideally, this should have been a retail release – a 30% discount would make it a much more appealing purchase IMO.

Edited by russo_cypriot

Grey P38 look good. Anyone else had them land today in the UK?
Had UPS ringing me to confirm insurance value and freight value today (via uk customs) which seems a bizarre question in itself, they even made me ask acronym? Even though a shipping invoice was present. So of course now delayed but after some common sense I got my import tax and vat bill of £355. Just hope they arrive now safe and sound.

8 hours ago, Evora_ said:

P38 is cool.
IMG_8321.jpg?ex=654a7192&is=6537fc92&hm=b8fb6bac71f74e97b7754918b998dbeade02463b68ce8bb681939f4128dc7fbf&

damn, brother really made a sufu account just to flex an early package

4 hours ago, worksinprogress said:

Grey P38 look good. Anyone else had them land today in the UK?
Had UPS ringing me to confirm insurance value and freight value today (via uk customs) which seems a bizarre question in itself, they even made me ask acronym? Even though a shipping invoice was present. So of course now delayed but after some common sense I got my import tax and vat bill of £355. Just hope they arrive now safe and sound.

£355 VAT god DAMN 

28 minutes ago, XLARGE said:

I never got one of these NGs, description always says they fit M to M. 
can anybody tell me if they fit to Jackets and Vests in XL?

Thanks. 

“M” for the NGs means male zip track. The new NG4 comes with an extra adapter that lets you use it zip into a liner and not just shells as previously. They’re one size, if you got one you’d be fine

IMG_4953.webp

Edited by hanzen1138

3 hours ago, hanzen1138 said:

“M” for the NGs means male zip track. The new NG4 comes with an extra adapter that lets you use it zip into a liner and not just shells as previously. They’re one size, if you got one you’d be fine

Thanks for the fast reply and information. 
That’s good to know, so I think I’ll take the new one, zipping it into a liner is definitely helpful sometimes. 

19 hours ago, hanzen1138 said:

16 hours ago, XLARGE said:

Thanks for the fast reply and information. 
That’s good to know, so I think I’ll take the new one, zipping it into a liner is definitely helpful sometimes. 

The previous release (AW22?, cant remember) NG4s also have this adapter, not just this newest one

Received J110TS-GT from HBX yesterday, the design itself is impressive but upon wearing the jacket I realized that the stitching was missing from three different locations; 

Right side top part of the Tec-Sys, Top side of the Mid-Flap, and the top side of two of the Velcro patches around the neck of the Storm Hood when unfolded. Not sure if this was one person's job in the factory and it was accidentally overlooked on this jacket specifically, but the QC sticker was on the label so.... Kinda odd that it managed to get past QC without them noticing especially the Mid-Flap as it was very apparent after I was wearing the jacket myself. 

Overall, the design is actually very impressive. J51-WS fit perfectly underneath and did not restrict any arm movement like I experience with J1B-GT. Wish the QC issues didn't exist as I would've loved to test this out on my upcoming vacation to NYC but I'll probably roll through Antithesis or Kith and see if I can purchase it again without the sewing issues. Also wanting to checkout P15-DS.

Has anyone else experienced this issue with J110? Mine was a size large, I'm assuming this was just a production issue. 

3 hours ago, mariahscarry said:

Received J110TS-GT from HBX yesterday, the design itself is impressive but upon wearing the jacket I realized that the stitching was missing from three different locations; 

Right side top part of the Tec-Sys, Top side of the Mid-Flap, and the top side of two of the Velcro patches around the neck of the Storm Hood when unfolded. Not sure if this was one person's job in the factory and it was accidentally overlooked on this jacket specifically, but the QC sticker was on the label so.... Kinda odd that it managed to get past QC without them noticing especially the Mid-Flap as it was very apparent after I was wearing the jacket myself. 

Overall, the design is actually very impressive. J51-WS fit perfectly underneath and did not restrict any arm movement like I experience with J1B-GT. Wish the QC issues didn't exist as I would've loved to test this out on my upcoming vacation to NYC but I'll probably roll through Antithesis or Kith and see if I can purchase it again without the sewing issues. Also wanting to checkout P15-DS.

Has anyone else experienced this issue with J110? Mine was a size large, I'm assuming this was just a production issue. 

A friend of mine lives in South Korea. He ordered the coevo exclusive J1A-GTKR and had to send it back two times. The first two Jackets had damaged zippercovers on the chest pocket. 
Almost invisible, but still not ok for a 1,5k jacket. 

IMG_8716.jpeg

Edited by thehumanreisberg