Acronym.

Westbrook

7 hours ago, Yan90 said:

J77-am is really nice piece. Recently bought it for myself too. 

I guess it’s ironic one of my favorite ACR jackets has zero subsystems? lol. 

Feels like Max Mara for Acronym. I can’t begin to count how many compliments i’ve received in the small amount of time i’ve owned it so far. 

12 hours ago, mariahscarry said:

I guess it’s ironic one of my favorite ACR jackets has zero subsystems? lol. 

Feels like Max Mara for Acronym. I can’t begin to count how many compliments i’ve received in the small amount of time i’ve owned it so far. 

Cuz plain, non hyped acr without stupid gimmicks is goat lol

54 minutes ago, Yan90 said:

Cuz plain, non hyped acr without stupid gimmicks is goat lol

C1-AJ in Braun is forever in my top 3. If they re-released I'd probably grab a couple more.

Couldn't possibly tell you how many times I've worn it since I bought it on the first day it released lol

32 minutes ago, nathan_ said:

C1-AJ in Braun is forever in my top 3. If they re-released I'd probably grab a couple more.

Couldn't possibly tell you how many times I've worn it since I bought it on the first day it released lol

Hep, it's cool, but I like C1-AM more, prefer grey over brown and mesh transparent sexy look. .. 

You're thinking Acronym base their success on how quickly they sell out of a particular piece? That seems like an incredibly flawed assumption. I'm sure they're surprised/happy when that happens, but I'm also sure they're not taking that into account with their strategy either. You don't survive 20 years on word-of-mouth advertising by pinning your hopes to a small percentage of your catalog.

No assumptions here, just pointing out that the two freshest jacket designs offered from ACR are not flying off the shelves in a matter of seconds/minutes like they would've in 17'. You're right, you don't survive 20 years on word of mouth, but if you noticed this is actually the first time Acronym is acting as a typical "Fashion Brand" from a marketing perspective. Kitty wore the J115 to the Rick show and E made sure to capture her wearing it for the social media tease, next was the itemized newsletter followed by ACR uploading the entire Drop A photo catalog onto the IG page, AND now for the first time ever we are forced a page upon accessing the mothersite offering the "exclusive" J115/J117 in your face so you couldn't possibly miss them. 

This is why I phrased my wording as "wandered too far from the path they were once following to success". Guaranteed if those jackets were instead J28E/J1AS in mothersite exclusive colorways.......they would be soldout.

Again, you're making assumptions. You don't know how many they've made of each and you don't know what success looks like to them. And you definitely can't guarantee selling out a J1A in pink. 

Look, I'm not trying to argue with you for the sake of it, just saying that Acronym's about the long game. We were commenting about the same thing on here 10 years ago.

Edited by Dolphinski

100%, pink j1a would be incredible

3 hours ago, mariahscarry said:

This is why I phrased my wording as "wandered too far from the path they were once following to success". Guaranteed if those jackets were instead J28E/J1AS in mothersite exclusive colorways.......they would be soldout.

You're comparing a new jacket design to probably the two most all-time beloved hype pieces. Even at peak acronym hype what you're saying would be true.

They've been doing this shit for 20 years. They operated through the 2008 recession when all luxury brands from SLP to Rick rotated through Gilt at some point, so feeble were retail sales across the board. a broad cooling in the consumer spending market is so impactful that trying to pin it on weak designs is just noise in comparison

edit to add a little beyond just "ur wrong," I have observed that when brands jump the shark like this, they continue to sell strong long after the hardcore fans like this board have totally written them off. The market doesn't react that fast, it takes a long time for the news to reach clout chasers. When acronym really washes up financially you will already have long stopped reading this thread or hoping for them to do better

Edited by eidolarr

On 9/20/2023 at 5:18 PM, Davidwyh1998 said:

At the beginning they named Shakedry materials based on its performance "persistent beading" (PB). Started from J67-FO (please correct me if I am wrong) they renamed it to FO which is going for the construction of the material "film out" (FO)

Thanks for the info! Now I know!

Edited by roofus
typo

1 hour ago, worksinprogress said:

So when did everything on this thread past few days get deleted? Seems strange but is there a glitch?

Board update purged a ton of posts and dms

1 hour ago, Zeocrymer said:

Board update purged a ton of posts and dms

despite best intentions anything posted around september 29-30th might not have made it over to the new supertalk 8. does that correspond to the time period you are missing posts and dms? 

there was an announcement made on 29th to let everyone know to post at your own risk. the explanation as i understand it being there is a time lag between copying the databases over to a sandbox site at a point in time and then switching over to the production servers at another point in time so anything caught in the middle is lost. usually we would have just turned off the site for few hours for the switchover... but in this case the databases on supertalk were so huge that they took 3 days to transfer in the background and we kept the site online. alternatively we probably could have just closed the site for 3 days. sorry about that 😵 🤷‍♂️

58 minutes ago, superfuture said:

despite best intentions anything posted around september 29-30th might not have made it over to the new supertalk 8. does that correspond to the time period you are missing posts and dms? 

there was an announcement made on 29th to let everyone know to post at your own risk. the explanation as i understand it being there is a time lag between copying the databases over to a sandbox site at a point in time and then switching over to the production servers at another point in time so anything caught in the middle is lost. usually we would have just turned off the site for few hours for the switchover... but in this case the databases on supertalk were so huge that they took 3 days to transfer in the background and we kept the site online. alternatively we probably could have just closed the site for 3 days. sorry about that 😵 🤷‍♂️

NBD ❤️

1 hour ago, superfuture said:

It does - I made sure to make note of someone I was coordinating a sale with to keep in touch to them. The message came through for me!