Acronym.

Westbrook

My J50-WS came in and it's a little too fitting for me. Size M if anyone wants to trade for an L or purchase. I bought it from Haven Toronto. Let me know..

@zerOcool  Do you typically wear a medium based on the sizing listed for this jacket?

Any advice on the fit of the J50-WS?  Sounds like it's a trimmer fit....can anyone confirm or advise on fit?

Was considering picking one up...any advice would be appreciated.

Edited by jward451

@zerOcool  Do you typically wear a medium based on the sizing listed for this jacket?

Any advice on the fit of the J50-WS?  Sounds like it's a trimmer fit....can anyone confirm or advise on fit?

Was considering picking one up...any advice would be appreciated.

Well, I typically wear jackets in size M and the pit to pit measurements of the J50-WS seemed in line with my M size jackets.

However, the J50-WS is the first Acronym jacket i ever bought and I think I should have gone with an L given that it's fit block is listed as "Profile" that means it's fitted. so definitely trimmer I'll say.

For the J47A-GT, the M fits fine for me and the fit block is listed as "Straight".

For future reference, I'll order M's if the fit block is "straight" and L if the fit block is "profile" I think that's a good rule of thumb.

Hope this helps!

2 Questions:

Does the parent site periodically update with items for sale, maybe due to returns or cancelled orders?

I snagged a pair of the p10-ds in a size L 2 days ago and then when I looked back they were sold out.

I'm still waiting for my shipping notice (2. how long does this take?) so I periodically check back into the website hoping somehow that that will expedite the process and now a XL is available. Just curious...

Guess it's my turn.

J47A-GT Large

P10A-CH Large

Guess I'm back in the game.

Very nice dude! The fit is superb on you. As you would have no doubt discovered by now, the angled pocket is buttoned and lifts up to allow the strap to pass underneath.  

Also for those new to the Acronym game, this is the preferable way to tighten the sleeve velcro straps; that is, allow enough room for your hand to pass so as not to disable Gravity Pocket function, unless that is the intention!  

And sweet Hyperfeels; the last time I looked that colourway was female only sizing! 

I'm a bit obsessive with shoe sizing at the best of times but I'm really having a hard time to get on with the Lunar Forces...for me I'm having to go a full size down minimum. It may just be me but they seem gigantic by normal standards. Seem bigger than a regular LF1.

I'd agree with this, even the 8s I bought have a lot of room in them.

I'd agree with this, even the 8s I bought have a lot of room in them.

It also seems like they're going to pad out with wear (not sure if anyone who got them early and has worn them for a while can comment?). I'm stuck in between one size that slips at the back or another i crunch into and hope they stretch a bit.

In case people haven't seen this.

Found some osaka shop staff's fit pic of the J47A-GT in medium and last season's p17-s in small (dude is 5'9" / 60kg)

DSC_0103-540x540.jpg

DSC_0041-540x540.jpg

DSC_0068-540x540.jpg

sized perfect imo.

more acronym fits + shop

Nice find, thanks for sharing.

I am afraid I am going to be disappointed with the fit. I ordered an M in the J47A-GT and I'm 5'10, 74 kg/165 pounds and based on that model's height/weight, I may not fit in this either. Damn online shopping for acronym! Already had to return my J50-WS.

Nice find, thanks for sharing.

I am afraid I am going to be disappointed with the fit. I ordered an M in the J47A-GT and I'm 5'10, 74 kg/165 pounds and based on that model's height/weight, I may not fit in this either. Damn online shopping for acronym! Already had to return my J50-WS.

i'm pretty much the same height/weight. i ordered the 47A in a L and it's pretty baggy (how i want it to fit). depending on how you like your things to fit and how you plan to layer, it may work out

i'm pretty much the same height/weight. i ordered the 47A in a L and it's pretty baggy (how i want it to fit). depending on how you like your things to fit and how you plan to layer, it may work out

cheers mate. I really hope so because there ain't any other store out there stocking a size L of the J47-A GT so this is pretty much my last chance to own some Acronym.

What does pretty baggy look like? 

In your opinion, is the bureau belfast https://b37e2a690c47a2f6ed57-3cb151b8083f8d1f7f63333299fd431c.ssl.cf3.rackcdn.com/products/large/809085b9da876809445754570af4a2eb.jpg model wearing it too tight? 

Edited by zer0cool

Very nice dude! The fit is superb on you. As you would have no doubt discovered by now, the angled pocket is buttoned and lifts up to allow the strap to pass underneath.  

Also for those new to the Acronym game, this is the preferable way to tighten the sleeve velcro straps; that is, allow enough room for your hand to pass so as not to disable Gravity Pocket function, unless that is the intention!  

And sweet Hyperfeels; the last time I looked that colourway was female only sizing! 

In that picture, the pocket is actually overlapping the strap. You'll notice that the part of the strap that appears in front of the pocket is actually the 'extension' part of the strap, not the load-bearing part (which is running under the pocket). It's a bit different to how Errolson wore it, where he had the entire strap tucked under the pocket I only had the short end.

The hyperfeels work well with the grey P10-CH from SS-15, and okay with Olive as well. 

I also wear a matt black boot with my P10s which always works great. It turns them from 'fast' into 'classy' really well. 

Great fit!

And:

NypJEAx.jpg?1

Nice. Who is that? It actually doesn't look too dissimilar to my face....

cheers mate. I really hope so because there ain't any other store out there stocking a size L of the J47-A GT so this is pretty much my last chance to own some Acronym.

What does pretty baggy look like? 

In your opinion, is the bureau belfast https://b37e2a690c47a2f6ed57-3cb151b8083f8d1f7f63333299fd431c.ssl.cf3.rackcdn.com/products/large/809085b9da876809445754570af4a2eb.jpg model wearing it too tight? 

so i would say the bureau belfast fit is too slim for me. i often wear a hoodie + interops bag and couldn't fit all of that under a size M. i can maybe upload pictures on saturday (not sure if you'll have the jacket by then, though)

In that picture, the pocket is actually overlapping the strap. You'll notice that the part of the strap that appears in front of the pocket is actually the 'extension' part of the strap, not the load-bearing part (which is running under the pocket).

Clever, I'll have to try that!