ROY X CONE contest, 1.1.11 - 2.1.12

Paul T

think i gotta give it to dr. house for my favorite fit so far.

aho - glad you're okay!

Thanks for the birthday wishes, all! And keep your eyes out for fat fabric-filled envelopes in the mail!

Back to Uganda tomorrow morning =( six more months....

Thanks again for the kind words everyone! The smell of smoke still circulates the building but thankfully our floor has since aired out. Fans everywhere and water damage along the first few floors but nothing terrible so all in all I'm grateful! Here is a picture from outside my window after all the commotion:

IMG_3401.jpg

Anyways I had a pretty good day today just hanging out randomly around town...Decided to check out the Vivian Maier exhibit at the Chicago Cultural Center after seeing this blog: http://vivianmaier.blogspot.com/

IMG_3420.jpg

Her work and the story behind the project was pretty inspirational, although it puts my efforts to shame! Here is some of the gear she worked with

IMG_3426.jpg

Closest thing to a denim shot in her photos lol

IMG_3431.jpg

The building itself was beautiful!

IMG_3442.jpg

IMG_3465.jpg

Headed a block or two down to State Street...The famous Marshall Field's building:

IMG_3487.jpg

IMG_3497.jpg

They still have the Christmas decor up...

IMG_3515.jpg

p1090003u.jpg

p1090008w.jpg

I went to the same Malaysian eatery today, Little Coconut House...

Coconut bread:

p1090011.jpg

Home-made lemon tea:

p1090014.jpg

Chicken Laksa:

p1090030a.jpg

Har Mee (shrimp needles):

p1090026.jpg

Added a pet fish to my tropical invertebrate tank.

A little crown tail betta fish (his colours will brighten up and the superficial colouring will return as he settles, I predict he will be red and steel-blue in body colouration):

p1090043q.jpg

p1090095f.jpg

The smaller residents:

p1090064n.jpg

p1090092.jpg

thanks for all the kind words everyone.

Holy shit. That looks good man. How do you like the fit? I wonder if you made Lando's yay or nay list?

I like the fit ok. sometimes I feel they can look kinda balloony in the crotch area, I'm guessing that's unavoidable due to the pockets - which I absolutely love. I've been getting some serious pocket use out of these. I also get a little wedgie feeling sometimes which is really uncomfortable, but I guess should go away in time.

for the most part I think they look great. I love the denim and the details are super cool. I personally would have liked there to be more rise in front and back, but oh well. I think the more time I have in them the better they will fit, you know, when everything starts to soften up more.

Aho, erk, ran, I love those fits.

The Vivian Maier looks great too, I've followed the story, altho I do hope her estate gets decent money out of the works, as well as the guy who happened to buy all her films at auction. To capture all those images - and leave them unprocessed!

I'm feeling a bit nostalgic for Chicago, after your shots. Altho not for the roach-ridden YMCA, where I stayed for a month or two.

DSCN7502.jpg

guess i'm last to show up to the postcard party, was very pleased to find this waiting in the mailbox. The wife wondered who 'Rosa' was at first, she calmed down (sort of) when I explained it was a dude. She got mildly jealous, and we got into an argument about cupcakes I allegedly received and girls I allegedly flirted with.

Anyways roy, hope you're happy with putting me in the doghouse like you have... j/k :D

no its at home in my small patio, there is an artist living in the house, and he is doing some stuff for an theatre production, thats why i used it in those pics and the lee ones too, since he was working there today. yeah the bock beer i put in the pic for you haha, having another right now. love the bock season here cheers