ROY X CONE contest, 1.1.11 - 2.1.12

Paul T

Fits are looking really good, fardin and ranon.

Today's RoyxCone episode comes from the Dept. of Home Improvement. I'm trying to finish up my house so I can put it on the market this summer and move to a much smaller house closer to work and my daughter's school.

I just primed this room yesterday, and have a few things to do before painting. This door casing was a little crooked, so I busted out the Sawzall, cut the nails holding it on, adjusted it, and screwed it back into the studs. Breaking in my new bib overalls...

roys1.jpg

After priming is a great time to find all of the little nicks in the drywall. I'll go around with my shop light and circle them with chalk.

roys2.jpg

And then come back around with the mud. I'll hit these with sandpaper and primer in a bit...

roys3.jpg

I realized the other day that almost all of my hand tools were given to me by either of my grandfathers, so most of the are quite old.

roys4.jpg

The house I own is about a hundred years old, and the folks who sold it to me had lived here for about half of that time. Luckily, very little was 'modernized'. This had its disadvantages, like no insulation and horrible electrical system. But, it still has all of its original doors, trim, hardware, etc.

roys5.jpg

I painstakingly pull, save, and strip all of the trim from each room, before demolishing the walls so I can rewire and insulate. Here is some of it reinstalled and painted with high gloss oil paint.

roys6.jpg

The fireplace mantle is in surprisingly great shape. Here's the hand carved Ionic capital from one of the columns.

roys7.jpg

I finished up working just in time to pull a fresh loaf of bread out of the bread machine. Lunch was a turkey, muenster, and spinach sandwich, with pb filled celery, chocolates, and a mug of Darjeeling.

roys9.jpg

Not sure what the afternoon will bring. I ran out of some supplies and really don't feel like going to town. Maybe some leather work? Oh, I almost forgot the Roys! Tsk.

roys8.jpg

Nice posts & fits everyone. Will rep where I can.

I'm planning to go to Tender Buttons sometime soon to get some suspender buttons. I'll take & post pics if possible.

Here's a x-post from WAYJDT

This morning me and my RoyCone contest jeans watched a couple of movies with great Morricone scores

IMAG0062.jpg

listened to some Lee Dorsey

1294604785424.jpg

and got some fresh air

P1090453.jpg

I win... the best baggy fit , ThisSunday, Farhad and shorty long, nice fit!!

Good times hanging out with you at the Rose Bowl Farhad ( I think your hooked)

Did you guys happen to see a leather store run by a dude called Matsu?

even though i'm not in the contest, i LOVE reading this thread.

everyone looks stellar. i think my fav fit though is rnrswitch. good luck with things! i'll be checking it out all the time.

I'm putting together a pdf with the initial shots of everyone's contest jeans, post-soak, worn, front and back, and when the contest is done will compile another one with everyone's final pics.

So far:

Tg76

erk

rnrswitch

eltopo

thissunday

dkatz

riff

zissou

mikechh

entertainment &

Joseph Hill are golden, I have good fore and aft shots of you all. Unless you want me to use different pics than the ones you already posted, you're good to go.

Farhad

Sansome1877

Fardin

shortylong

Cash

& Medine, I have good front shots of you, which can stand alone or you can post or pm me rear shots.

Robbie

aho

almostnice &

ranonranonarat, could you get your respective ladies or whatever to take some nice clear shots of you front & back with shirts tucked in? That would be awesome. Or if you posted some and I missed them could you point them out.

(and wishing a speedy delivery for the Europeans who are still left hanging...)

I'm putting together a pdf with the initial shots of everyone's contest jeans, post-soak, worn, front and back, and when the contest is done will compile another one with everyone's final pics.

So far:

Tg76

erk

rnrswitch

eltopo

thissunday

dkatz

riff

zissou

mikechh

entertainment &

Joseph Hill are golden, I have good fore and aft shots of you all. Unless you want me to use different pics than the ones you already posted, you're good to go.

Farhad

Sansome1877

Fardin

shortylong

Cash

& Medine, I have good front shots of you, which can stand alone or you can post or pm me rear shots.

Robbie

aho

almostnice &

ranonranonarat, could you get your respective ladies or whatever to take some nice clear shots of you front & back with shirts tucked in? That would be awesome. Or if you posted some and I missed them could you point them out.

(and wishing a speedy delivery for the Europeans who are still left hanging...)

Do you need more pics from me?

so what shirt is it mike, looks stunning

Thanks fardin; it's a Warehouse chambray shirt.

I thought it would match the boxers, if only in my mind :P

p1100020.jpg

Oh, forgot to inform the crew, I just did my second 'shower' wash on my RxC today...ran afoul of pig lard while cooking.

Here it is drying on a Gossypium barbadense cotton towel:

P1100002.jpg

I imagine that, based on your reputation, folks only send you Christmas cards wrapped in rare White Oak selvage, Paul. So, it should work? :(

Great time, Farhad and Mike. I want to go to the Rose Bowl!

Oh well.

We just got 6 christmas cards the postie had delivered to the empty house next door... with a bit of gaffa tape and brown paper, maybe I could fashion them into a pair of jeans?

Nope no ROYs here either

wow I can't believe you guys are still ROYless. hope they arrive this week atleast. good luck.

@Paul, fre$co.. etc

Just to let you know my Lightning magazine showed up today (sent before xmas by EMS), so there is some hope that the backlog is moving forward.

Please GOD let it happen this week !

@Farhad

Looking very dapper - your Roy's fit perfectly (no envy)

@mikecch

parcel arrived in sydney, no probs. Cheers.