ROY X CONE contest, 1.1.11 - 2.1.12

Paul T

Hey ya'll, i thought i was posting in the heavyweight contest thread, which is sure to show off some insane looking jeans after a year or so..

For the Roy x Cone contest i'd like to give out a gift certificate to the winner redeemable at any Self Edge store. Whoever is running this please email me at denim at selfedge.com and i'll figure out how to pass along the credit to the winner.

Roy is excited for this to be going down, it's something he never imagined would be happening and it's been a struggle to pull it off. The jeans look great, excited to see them all age.

The only mistake Roy did on my pair is the super narrow button hole for the first button. But hey...

Nah man, that shit was intentional - you didn't work hard enough to get the jeans so ROY wanted to make sure you had to work to get into the jeans.

For the Roy x Cone contest i'd like to give out a gift certificate to the winner redeemable at any Self Edge store.

Roy is excited for this to be going down, it's something he never imagined would be happening and it's been a struggle to pull it off. The jeans look great, excited to see them all age.

Awesome of you, Kiya! Nice to have you on board and keeping an eye out. And good to hear that ROY's excited too (and thanks for being ROY's sufuvoicebox?).

Bummed I didn't bump into you while in SF - but there's a chance I could wind up back there for the long haul in a handful of months....

The weekend is here :)

36°C in the shade (97°F), excuse the sandals:

p1070015y.jpg

p1070050.jpg

Indigo dyed bamboo-fibre T-shirt from local Japanese T-bar

Jeans made in Oakland, CA

Chain made in Oakland, CA

Wallet made in Oakview, CA

Unlucky belt

Perseverance is the key to sweat fades :P

Out for an afternoon chocolate shake at one of my many local chocolate cafes:

p1070021.jpg

p1070032p.jpg

Creases setting in as I clog my arteries with fat:

p1070026j.jpg

Vietnamese food for dinner:

p1070042m.jpg

p1070044a.jpg

Bonus denim pic:

p1070045.jpg

Kiya that is a stand-up idea! I hope to finally make it out to SESF and throw back a few beers when I make it over to SF for my friends wedding in May. Forever from now but my ROY's will be so busted by then, I'll probably need some repairs! ;)

Fit looks ok there Mike, although in that heat you must get some serious betty!

Re: sandals - I thought you aussies referred to them as 'thongs' ?

(they'll always be flip-flops to me)

Hehe, still trying to stretch them out...I guess today was a bad day to do so :P

I think my fit has evolved from the 'crotch-gap' to 'the package'~

Mmm, dunno, I've always preferred sandals... I did grow up learning American-English though (as we call it in Taiwan.)

Hey ya'll, i thought i was posting in the heavyweight contest thread, which is sure to show off some insane looking jeans after a year or so..

For the Roy x Cone contest i'd like to give out a gift certificate to the winner redeemable at any Self Edge store. Whoever is running this please email me at denim at selfedge.com and i'll figure out how to pass along the credit to the winner.

That's kind of you, Kiya. We wanted to have this just be a direct ROY to consumer thing, though, sort of his love letter to sufu, so in interest of purity, we didn't seek any corporate sponsors or prizes.

Paul, rnr, almostnice and I will kick the idea around though and get back to you.

Hehe, still trying to stretch them out...I guess today was a bad day to do so :P

I think my fit has evolved from the 'crotch-gap' to 'the package'~

Mmm, dunno, I've always preferred sandals... I did grow up learning American-English though (as we call it in Taiwan.)

I very much doubt I'll even wear any jeans when I'm in Oz , but may come down to Melbourne still for a couple of days (so possible meet up?).

Your pics reminded me - I lived in an old wooden house that was on a street parallel to 'little Vietnam', as it was called - so not far to go for a cheap nosh-up.

btw, being a 70's child, I just cant shake off the flip-flop thing :D

I very much doubt I'll even wear any jeans when I'm in Oz , but may come down to Melbourne still for a couple of days (so possible meet up?).

Your pics reminded me - I lived in an old wooden house that was on a street parallel to 'little Vietnam', as it was called - so not far to go for a cheap nosh-up.

btw, being a 70's child, I just cant shake off the flip-flop thing :D

Yeah mate, should be no problems, as long as I'm not in rural Victoria or doing a 36 hour shift at the time.

Let's hope you don't end up here during one of our 40+°C weeks :P

Melbourne has no shortage of cheap but tasty 'student-food' either, and there are lots of interesting little eateries and cafes to explore!

I did get a photo in the email, though. THanks for the reference, Mike.

Paulsbelt.jpg

Bitchin' saddle-stitchin'!

Looks like the making of a fine belt Paul T, can't wait to see some pics.

Is it Baker's bridle he's using?

I guess so, 10oz oak-tanned and I presume they're his only supplier for that? I have only just realised we have seen footage of the tannery. Cool. The buckle, too looks great. I prefer square ones, he only had this, but I love how gnarly it is.

I like that buckle too!

Gnarly like old oak?

I think Sedgewick's bridle are also quite popular in the UK, but I remember Terry mentioning he doesn't like theirs as much.

On that note, my RxC and I are going to check out some Australian leathers tomorrow (we tan them with Wattle here in Victoria), should be interesting.

best executive fade

best wage slave fade

best slum dog fade

biggest girls blouse

best button atari ( do these have good finger spacing???)

least fade

best adventures

best photos

best bribing of judges

most collegial

best repair

first to need repair

worn raw for 12 months

1 soak no wash 12 months

omg i scored so many girls/ boys in these jeans award

best fiction

best leading actor

Yes! And fardin, you are right, we are all winners :)

Bastard postie category?

AKA Last to Receive their RoyxCones :\

For the Roy x Cone contest i'd like to give out a gift certificate to the winner redeemable at any Self Edge store.

Very kind offer, Kiya.

The weekend is here :)

They're looking like they're settling out nicely, Mike.

mabye tracking number on the roys would have helped.

That's really expensive to do for international shipments. Any of you outside the US- Did Roy send them Priority or First Class? If First Class, then there is no tracking. If Priority, there should be a tracking number.

I think Roy sent first class. Priority goes by a different UK agency, Parcelforce, who in my experience are even worse, invvariably charge customs and stick a whacking service charge on. Also, they nick iPhones (Altho today, phew, we found they'd admitted responsibility).

I think Roy sent first class.

That makes the most sense. It was probably about $20 just to send First Class, and probably would have been at least $40-50 to send Priority (which is no faster, but allows for tracking).

Royal Mail folks took the week off between Xmas and New Years, right? I am willing to bet that everything is just completely backed up. I ordered a couple of knits just after Xmas and the tracking has basically said that they are just sitting there waiting to ship for about the last week or so.

Paul T - they actually admitted stealing the iphone?!

Their charges are daylight robbery. I never ask them to pay the charges on my behalf. There must be another way of avoiding that kind of charge.

Sorry to derail the thread... the driver handed over an empty envelope to my neighbor. Apparently he was questioned and confirmed it felt light; it could have been him or any other driver nicked it, the thing was out on a van driving around London (or parked in a layby , for all I know) for five days.

mine were shipped priority international but had no tracking though.. postage on the box showed that it cost $23.79USD

finally they have dried after 24 hours and i will be getting some fit pics in the day when there is some natural light. they have shrunk a bit more than what i have imagined them to in the waist (not that im complaining) and here are some pre and post soak measurements done on a size 32. they were given a boiling hot soak to shrink down the waist.

waist: 32inches > 30inches

length: 32inches > 29inches

front rise: 11inches > 10.5inches

back rise: 14inches > 13.5inches

thigh: 11.5inches > 11.5inches

knee: 8.75inches > 8.5inches

leg opening: 8.5inches > 8inches

R1002477.jpg

a bit of the disappointment was when i found out that the left leg's chainstitch hem started to unravel and grabbed some black thread to try to reinforce them a little before more of the left leg started unravelling. not a big deal but im a bit anal about such things. especially when there isnt anybody in singapore who can do a chainstitch. damn.

Ah, if it's Priority International, the British ones are stuck in Customs, for definite. I'll ask ROY for a tracking number. (THey sit on them for a couple of days, then send you a postcard to tell you they're at a depot, which is always located somewhere attractive).

Dr House, Markus, Fardin, were yours Priority international?