ROY X CONE contest, 1.1.11 - 2.1.12

Paul T

Thread explosion! :) Nice to see a bunch more fits being posted up! Fardin, Mike, Dkatz, Eltopo and all - keep them coming! Sorry for the UK folks - what a drag - perhaps the weather on both sides of the pond also contributed to the delay...

I was skimming through the recent pages & did a double take - thought you were almostnice, zissou! ;)

imageahe.jpg

Glad you enjoyed the trip pics - thanks for the love!

@Roy - my sis brought the sweater from Vancouver as a Christmas present - it's made by the Canadian Sweater Company.

Here's some more pre-soak detail pics - I didn't want to post too early, but now there won't be any "spoilers"...

0c422014.jpg

I like the hidden coin pocket too!

a5776b98.jpg

Pockets:

84a6e63f.jpg

e21fae0d.jpg

Hair!

278464a2.jpg

Raw scraps next to the washed pair I'm wearing:

f3106ae7.jpg

A wash really brings out the blue tones!

There's only one thing I would have done differently on these: have the back pockets lined with duck!

Was that photo taken behind SELA?

Kiya-That was taken behind village Idiot.

rnr- No worries we'll do it soon. I know it's tough when you work and have a family to take care of.

Bummed for the people that haven't gotten their's yet. UK crew and Pomata hang in there

lol village Idiot is a bar on melrose. Me and Kiya have hung there a few times for drinks so he knows exactly where it is.

In case anyone is interested, they have decent beers, a good selection of spirits, and the crowd isn't bad either.

http://www.villageidiotla.com/

Edit: one more pic of dkatz. We were on a time crunch so I only had time to shoot 6 pics altogether.

IMG_0212.jpg

riff- nice pics amigo

I was skimming through the recent pages & did a double take - thought you were almostnice, zissou! ;)

Well, I will confess that I am taking a cue from markus, but I do a lot of home renovation. I usually wear old Levi's, but always have to wear a belt with all kinds of pouches just to hold my tools and nails/screws. The bib overalls should solve that problem, and allow me to wear my Roys at the same time. Best of both worlds :)

I installed the Bucksaws. I made some leather backing discs but they proved to be too thick. All my pants with suspender buttons from the factory come sans leather and have done just fine so I plonked them in naked. I see why you get extras in the pack. Everyplace that has 'em says put the pin through and give it a whack with a hammer. Huh uh. The pin whilst looking solid is actually hollow, and trying to nock it in with a hammer just serves to slump and crush it. I found that wrapping some slipjoint pliers with tape and squeezing them together did the trick. They are surprisingly still quite finicky. Get it in one shot and make sure you fell that little extra 'give' after you think it's seated or it telescopes a couple of milimeters. (the pin is mushroomed inside the button and won't come out, but everything is sloppy and loose) After a good bit of time monkeying with them, they all went good and tight. They look nice on the outside an seem solid, but close inspection on the inside reveals a slight wonkiness. I shouldn't have been so impatient and waited till I got to the parents place to use the arbor press.

These pants are very bad though. I can't walk by anything reflective without striking a coy pose and admiring some varied angle!

asia has just gotten their only pair in the continent with the most number of people in the world.

Heyo! Welcome! Get up some pics, yo.

Let's talk more shrinkage, shall we? I hottest-tap-water soaked for an hour, then threw them in the agitator-cycle of the washing machine with hottest-tap-water for 5 minutes, shooting for maximum shrinkage. Now that they're fully dried (and have been worn a couple days), could I expect further shrinkage from another hot-soak/agitation?

yeah we do

its not like they are budgie smugglers or anything

well okay if you must, but when you're showing underwear being worn, do not talk about how much shrinkage you had....

Let's talk more shrinkage, shall we?

Just to clarify, with my second hot soak I was able to shrink them down another inch in the waist (two total) and maybe a quarter inch in the thighs...Not as much as I had hoped but I don't think I'll have these touch anymore water at least for the next 6 unless needed! riff, can we here more on your method? Heard you machine'd them...was that just one time or a second time around?

Just to clarify, with my second hot soak I was able to shrink them down another inch in the waist (two total) and maybe a quarter inch in the thighs...Not as much as I had hoped but I don't think I'll have these touch anymore water at least for the next 6 unless needed! riff, can we here more on your method? Heard you machine'd them...was that just one time or a second time around?

Good to know! I think I'll throw them in for another hot agitation this evening and see how that goes.

I understand that Roy put an oversized crotch rivet on the inside of tg76s boxers. can't imagine why...

You're dirty.

Hey Aho!

Yes, I put them right into the machine, inside-out, and did 2 consecutive super-hot cycles, no spin, no detergent, and with a pre-soak. Then I hung to dry. They went from "clown pant" fit to what you saw :) These suckers really shrink a lot!

So - you look happy? Do you like them? Or is that just the drink?

i like them as much as i like a drink.the work that went into these is remarkable.best bit for me is the crown cap pocket,an essential accessory for the light-hearted.read more tomorrow after sobering up.up yours.

Hot indigo on duck action!!! All this pocket pull has impregnated my duck ranch jacket.

20110105143804.jpg

Oh and I finally checked the mail this week. Got a little post card from someone claiming a 4th place trophy for yours truly!!! No way!!!

20110105064801.jpg