ROY X CONE contest, 1.1.11 - 2.1.12

Paul T

Okay please let me clarify. I was not speaking to riff. His fit is nice. Would be nicer with a less chunky choice in footwear but that's just my opinion. As for what I have seen so far:

Yay

rnr

zissou

roy6

Nay

entertainment!

Sansome1877

Cash

Farhad

Medine - Not seen a full shot but if they fit anything like your ROY WT's, I'm into them!

And I honestly thing they will all look much better in a few weeks, I was just making an observation. Cheers all and good luck out there.

Funny you say that tv, I've had to use that line in defense of myself at least twice so far with these...Once all the stiffness went away the thighs really started to relax and balloon out sideways...Poor fit on me to be honest, very poor, but I'm still committed! For the love of denim...

Have a heart for those of us whose work weeks wrap around the weekend (including up at six to open the shop at seven on newyears day), and use borrowed computers. Intro and updates tomorrow. Pictures to follow.

Finally had some time to take a couple fit photos from the last two days. It has been a rough last week here. Included a photo of a new knife my buddy got me from Christmas to help break the jeans in. Denim feels really rough right now but should break in really well. My photos might not be sized correctly, I like'em that way. Thanks Jayrock and lmaozedong for the negative feedback.

www.banditphotographer.com

roy3.jpg

roy1.jpg

roy4.jpg

roy2.jpg

Oi vey, still 24 pages to catch up on...

But in the meantime - how a couple of us Southern Californian Roy Conetestants spent an hour of this evening:

IMG_0144.JPG

IMG_0148.JPG

IMG_0146.JPG

I deliver a silly Ugandabandanna, and I walk away with this!

IMG_0152.JPG

I definitely got the better end of the bargain...

Great to meet you, Michael!

[fyi., Michael- borrowed the parents' computer to throw these up tonight]

Just took my RxC jeans out of a cold soak + 70 degrees hot wash (with very small amounts of detergents), and tried them on slightly damp.

The waist shrunk 3 inches (I ordered a 35 post-soak, but it's around 33 now) and the inseam shrunk a whole heap to 34.7 inches (was just under 40 inches when raw, predicted shrinkage was to 36.)

I was going to double-cuff these, but it seems like I will have to settle for a mini-stack.

^Gives me hope on further shrinkage for my pair (pretty sure there won't be anymore though :X)...They are drying from their second hot soak as we speak.

Glad to see all the "International's" ;) getting their pairs now, I'm ready for the influx of photos!

Some more pics (sorry if they've been covered :P)...

p1040101k.jpg

The photos of the weft yarns really show the "gentle weave" Ralph was talking about. And the pima looks pretty damn soft. Amazing denim. Sublime construction.

I can only imagine what the denim feels like around my legs. You lucky fucking bastards.

^ And the hem chain-stitch is dual tone too :)

I have to say, this is the softest denim I've handled post-wash/soak.

It is still rigid, the creases form very sharply, but it is not uncomfortable at all, even though the fit on me is quite slim.

Roy has very kindly hand-hammered the back-pocket rivets as well.

The boxer shorts on the other hand is still bleeding after a second hand-wash with soap...

i put em without soaking them for three hours now . the waist is going to be a bit of a problem. they fit perfect in the waist now. i ordered a 32 and they measure pre soak 32 in the waist. so i am afraid to soak em at all. i thought the measurements he asked would be post soak. going to try to get fit pics today in the evening.

well mine measure 32 pre soak , not pot soak. but the pants are beautiful and pics dont do then justice. and the denim is incredible, love em, hope the sizing problem will be solved, otherwise maybe i will swap with someone. anyway thanks again to all you guys for making this possible.