ROY X CONE contest, 1.1.11 - 2.1.12

Paul T

I never noticed that chainstitch on the outseam, but lo and behold, there it is on my CJ and OG.

Eltopo, looking perfect as always. Seeing as how there is always a killing implement in every one of your photo shoots, and how your steely gaze could be interpreted by some as potentially homicidal, I'm surprised anyone would dare to neg you.

thanks guys ( thanks grant, its the usual sugarcane belt two years of wear), i am going to wear em raw as long as i can. love the length too.

true why would someone neg rep eltopo? this guy is just giving us joy here since he first started posting.

markus and paul cant wait for your fit pics.

Everyone is looking good so far. eltopo looks like he's been rocking his pair for at least 3 months.

Fardin, I love those cuffs. Looks like you just need a cold soak.

You guys are killing me with the detail shots. I haven't noticed half of this shit. I may actually take these off and actually examine

When I saw the chainstitched outseam I checked some of my other jeans. Turns out my Left Fields have it as well. I wonder if this is common in some factories. I think it is traditionally done with a single needle lock stitch.

If you feel the seam it is bulky on the underside of the chainstitch, which means one side of the seam will most likely fade a little faster than the other.

Yeah, Roy is a good guy, declared value 30$ :D...but I'm really afraid about the shrinkage and I dunno why Roy cuts them this small. I wear them at the moment, there is simply NO room left in the waist. You've orderd a 32" too, right? Gimme yo' measurements tomorrow, brother! I guess I have to soak only the legs hot and after that a fast 30°C wash program. Future washes cold. 31" would be possible to stretch out, but they mustn't shrink more.

I'll take them?!?

My digital camera took some pictures of the post-wash fit (the denim has just dried):

A little awkward around the knees at this stage, and the seat area is a little tight...hopefully they will settle in time.

Overall the fit is a little slimmer than what I had in mind - but it is good the way it is, very comfortable too :)

Better pics when my gf is around.

p1050002x.jpg

p1050003d.jpg

My Roys and I moseyed on over to one of my favorite stores. It's a western/hardware store that's been around for about a hundred years. Yes, that's a giant cowboy boot on the side of it.

imagegys.jpg

501 STFs and Wranglers as far as the eye can see.

photo3dw.jpg

Endless supply of leather care products. So much Obenauf's!

imagetul.jpg

Thought I'd get some new overalls to go with my new Roys. I considered the Key herringbone coveralls, but I need the bib pockets.

imageqrn.jpg

Solid or hickory stripe?

imageszp.jpg

My usual size, 32x34! Vanity sized to help those farmers feel better about their bodies.

imageahe.jpg

I thought about using one of these buckles for my belt. Add a little personalized touch, you know?

imageqae.jpg

Thirty bucks later, and I was out the door with the "Aristocrat of Overalls".

imagerd.jpg

^Landon & Vinneus, you guys had your chance to get in on the contest right up front, and passed. Are we going to have these bitchy fit comments all along?

Calm down girl. Just calling it like I see it. I understand jeans settle and that is what I am waiting for. There are plenty of people who sized correctly and that they look good on right off the bat. Then there are those who were misguided. I listed both. You can throw eltopo on the YAY list as well, but that is no surprise. Sansome is gonna turn out nicely as well! Oh and how the fuck are you guys gonna wear boxers when your jeans are so tight??? Just trying to make sense of it all...

Calm down girl. Just calling it like I see it. I understand jeans settle and that is what I am waiting for. There are plenty of people who sized correctly and that they look good on right off the bat. Then there are those who were misguided. I listed both. You can throw eltopo on the YAY list as well, but that is no surprise. Sansome is gonna turn out nicely as well! Oh and how the fuck are you guys gonna wear boxers when your jeans are so tight??? Just trying to make sense of it all...

In the spirit of calling it like I see it, I feel this an opportune time, albeit slightly off topic thread, to state that I have been monitoring this forum for over 3 years and have yet to see a Landocal fit that looks the least bit flattering, stylish or remotely interesting. Quality threads no doubt, but profoundly sloppy and uninspiring. Just say'n. Now let's see some more RxC.

In the spirit of calling it like I see it, I feel this an opportune time, albeit slightly off topic thread, to state that I have been monitoring this forum for over 3 years and have yet to see a Landocal fit that looks the least bit flattering, stylish or remotely interesting. Quality threads no doubt, but profoundly sloppy and uninspiring. Just say'n. Now let's see some more RxC.

Sorry you feel that way. If you have so much to offer and such a sense of style, then post your fits up and show us how to do it...

Obviously the fit of the jeans on some people are less than ideal (subjectively speaking), but what sense is there in slagging another person's fit? It's already been established that sizing on these was a little wacky, even though instructions were followed. What do you want them to do? Wear the jeans in shame for a year? Give them up to someone who'll fit them better? Could have been you who ended up with a "Nay" fit. Ironic too that Lando and Vinn have differing opinions of a "Yay" fit.

I'd be butt hurt too if I passed up on these. Hell, I barely missed out on getting a pair and it still stings. I just remembered today that I was anticipating something like this a couple days before the contest was revealed. I wish I had been given a chance to buy in but I guess I was too late.

I don't care what name it goes by, but a limited production jean with special attention to detail, constructed by Roy makes me wet. It's kinda ironic since the standard Roy jean already fits this description, but something like deadstock denim and hardware, fancy pocket fabric, lined pockets, etc. would be the tits.

Yeah, I don't know what Lando fits you've been seeing, but dood has style up the yin. And this sure ain't the time to drop a steamy pile of turducken into this thread.

Nothing wrong with keeping it real with some actual critiques going on. Some of the fits have been a bit wonky and unflattering so far, the pics can attest to that. There's a year left and plenty of time to make things happen. The people in this contest have thick enough skin to take criticism. There's a fine line between being insulting and keeping it real, and IMO I don't see that anyone's crossed that line.

fardin- Looking good my man. If you soak be careful to only go cold and wear them dry.

I usually stay out of drama but + 1 for Lando. He's a cool guy and he know's what's up. I have met him in person as well and he's all class.

On a different note it was a pleasure meeting Daniel. thanks again for the bandana. What a great gesture. Safe travels amigo.

dkatz.jpg

I had grand visions of posting something as cool as zissou's shopping post, or with the artistry of fardin... but when I went out shopping I was asked to leave my camera at the door. I got this guy home, I feel like the Roy's are my good luck charm as I found this and a ton of other goodies while I was out.

DSCN7349.jpg